Page 130 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3906
    I never asked for The Best Story Ever, just for something above fanfiction quality. Because, you know, it's a professional product. In theory at least, there are voices saying that GW2 is only a half finished product with bugs that haven't been removed since launch and lots of stuff that has been used to promote the game which hasn't made it into the release version, like proper PvP modes (esports, anyone?) and activities in the cities.

The argument that "It's a game" (multiplayer or not) doesn't hold water in my eyes since there are lots of games that get it right (or at least don't make me cringe). If they really manage to improve, then that's great. It's just that I have little faith in the LS model as a whole when the underlying idea - an ongoing story - is poorly implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    It's just that I have little faith in the LS model as a whole when the underlying idea - an ongoing story - is poorly implemented.
    Sums up everything really, the story might be taking a turn for the slightly better but unless anet actually work out a way for people to understand it that doesn't require going through a wiki to see past entries it's doomed to fail. The writing being crap doesn't help but the disjointed nature is the real killer. Kudos to them for sticking with it, now give me an expansion with some actual content.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yeah, obviously "a turn for the slightly better" is a pretty low bar given the quality of the storytelling over the last year. But one of the nice things about the instance in this patch is that it does the job of perusing the wiki to learn about past updates, but in a more interesting and accessible way.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    My mum is coming to visit for a week so I won't be around much, have fun!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

If you're currently planning to infuse a Light of Dwayna or Shadow of Grenth backpiece, you might want to consider waiting a bit longer.

Also: You're now required to have reached WvW rank 30 in order to craft a Gift of Battle. Ouchie.

Huh, interesting. The achievement chests had made it trivially easy to get a Gift of Battle, so it makes sense that they would add another restriction. And rank 30 isn't crazy high.

I don't have single character that has WvW rank 30.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I don't have single character that has WvW rank 30.
    M'bane reached the lofty heights of 21 -scout? last night... As some one has said - it would take 20 laurels and 500 badges to get there - again not really that much.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It's much more than it was before. At the end, the question is what Anet is trying to achieve with this. Right now, Precursors and nearly all other ingredients of legendary weapons (and even legendary weapons themselves) are bought from the Trading Post because it is so difficult to acquire them yourself from playing the game. Now they've introduced yet another grind on top of that. "It's not that much" really doesn't make a whole lot of sense as an argument, because it doesn't really matter how much they add. It's the principle of making things take more time (laurels also cost time to acquire, remember?) to get anywhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    A revive orb and an XP booster... for free!?

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    A revive orb and an XP booster... for free!?
    yup just got mine from TP
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    When they do account bound WXP your level may go up a bit, monkey, as I assume your warrior has a few levels also. 30 isnt so bad - I must be close to that and I rarely WvW. Its much easier for a principally PvE player to do that than a WvW player to do all the hearts and farm the gold/mats! The only argument I heard against this that held any water was that it was a stretch for people with low spec PCs that couldnt handle WvW.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

The change should have waited until WXP was account bound, I think. Lv 30 across all characters is not too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    yup just got mine from TP
    what is this free things thou speaketh of?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    what is this free things thou speaketh of?
    Look at the promotion section of the tp

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    Look at the promotion section of the tp
    tar voory mich

For the record since this came up recently: The unit of measurement of Guild Wars 2 internally is inches according to the wiki, which... does make more sense than yards, but it's still weird that it's not metric.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 08-02-2014 at 12:16 AM.

So 1200 inches = about 30 metres. Does that sound right? Still seems a little large to me.

In Wurm news, this is all a bit strange: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...0#entry2292000

Classic Anet. :3

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    So 1200 inches = about 30 metres. Does that sound right? Still seems a little large to me.
    Yes, it is too large (at least visually, not in terms of how far a weapon could shoot). Which is probably the reason you only see "units" in the interface.