Page 134 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4194
    While I am usually the guy who's job it is to hate on the LS, I think I'll wait a bit and have a look at the content for a bit longer before jumping to conclusions. I only gave the "new" zone a quick look this morning and wasn't really surprised to see a commander running around with his tag on. Could be that this becomes the new grind for the coming weeks, although I am not sure how many Champions spawn during the events. At the very least, it could be refreshing to see a redesign of a capital city.

And keep in mind that Scarlet will be gone soon. Sooo000ooon.

Edit: Ohh, the Tengu have commenced killing anything that comes too close to their precious little gate. Neat!

Editē: Favourite quote from that reddit thread:

I imagine they are saying (Lightly paraphrased here)
    "This shit is why we built this fucking wall".

Last edited by Squiz; 19-02-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    That's why I did mine late last night - there was no reason to keep them there after her mission has changed. It *is* a bit dickish BUT they aren't here to make everyone happy. The massive majority will have opened them as soon as they got them - why indeed save them up at all - unless to hope for a change in something they could take advantage of... the reverse has happened and as such and now they are raging. No real sympathy sorry.
    I would agree completely, if Anet hadn't said that the lair was staying which leads to the assumption that the chests would be too. I am though, quite delighted that sprockets have gone up in price.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I would agree completely, if Anet hadn't said that the lair was staying which leads to the assumption that the chests would be too. I am though, quite delighted that sprockets have gone up in price.
    I was meaning the chests not the lair. I saw us breaking into her lair while she is away at that moment and stealing her stuff because that was her base of operations. That has now shifted so she has moved her shit on - her old base (and just the base) is irrelevant now. If they'd left a cup of tea and half a slice of toast on the table would have been better. I read the words of her base would remain and assumed the other - that her chests would go.

Oh btw - the clockwork pick gives you sprockets every time you use it. My guardian has it.
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 19-02-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: more info
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    I read the words of her base would remain and assumed the other - that her chests would go.
    but you're weird.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bit miffed about the chests going. Only have the ciphers from the last 2 runs yesterday that I didn't cash in before reset as I had read the ANet post about the lair staying. Post was definitely misleading, if not technically inaccurate. I should recall their past form is that they lie (still miffed re MF removal).
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I am very cynical so presumed the worst to a degree. Those bonfires are a good lark - 50% MF bonus! Will have to see to get them or not for wvw or large scale zergs.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Elonian leather is a slow market.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Bit miffed about the chests going. Only have the ciphers from the last 2 runs yesterday that I didn't cash in before reset as I had read the ANet post about the lair staying. Post was definitely misleading, if not technically inaccurate. I should recall their past form is that they lie (still miffed re MF removal).
    My point exactly and yes I have cashed all my cyphers last night before the patch but that's because I am greedy and want my cake and eat it but not everyone would have done this based on the forum promise from Anet. Let's invade LA tonight and see if that gets me in a better disposition towards this patch.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Just to be sure, any remaining code fragments are useless now, right? Even if they bring the chests back, you still can't make a cypher or is it possible to get them from somewhere else?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    Just to be sure, any remaining code fragments are useless now, right? Even if they bring the chests back, you still can't make a cypher or is it possible to get them from somewhere else?
    The fragments are useless if you don't have at least 25 of each kind
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    What was in these chests, anyway?

Will be around tonight to check out the LA zergfest.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    What was in these chests, anyway?

Will be around tonight to check out the LA zergfest.
    A guaranteed rare, chance for exotics, champion chests and some more fragments. Pretty good, all in all.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    My word, the new backpiece is a monstrosity: http://i.imgur.com/Aos72wW.jpg
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

It seems the chests in Scarlet's Hideout are coming back: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3659931

Hopefully those who still had didn't delete their cyphers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    My word, the new backpiece is a monstrosity: http://i.imgur.com/Aos72wW.jpg
    Matter of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Matter of context.
    I'll stick to my guns, and guild back banner. Screw particle effects and back pieces that are bigger than my armor.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

At the very least, I will buy the recipe from the vendor and stock up on LS-specific materials during the event. Hopefully you'll still be able to craft and advance the backpiece after the prices for crafting materials have gone down again. I don't have leatherworks at 500 and surely won't be paying double the price using tailoring.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Matter of context.

Kerrigan anyone?
    Valconas

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My thief might be able to use the red one, when she swaps from stealthy sneakiness to backstabbing damage spiking mode.I see these as back pieces to only turn on occasionally, otherwise they get annoying, like my Tequatl wings. More variety is good, though I expect these to be overly prevalent for the next 3 months.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Apparently you can get a free mini-pet set (series 2) at the gemstore.