Page 142 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3911
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's a bit cliched, and not the best fight, but it is worth doing once, for the short time it takes. And you get the ugly helmet...

I think they always said the bazaar would come back - I thought it was in their recurring content list (halloween, wintersday, April SAB, Dragon Bash, Bazaar, Queen's Jubilee, Sept SAB, annual fractal update)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    DO we get VIP tivket with you with backstage signing sessions after wards, canapes and champagne?
    Tweeti wants to be Monkey's groupie...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    TIL that there's a health provider in the UK called 'Assura'. I wouldn't trust those diminutive geniuses with my health...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty sure that glowing sphere on their corporate logo is the infinity ball...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

This could explain our recent (and a bit surprising) failure to beat Tequatl. The Megalaser doesn't damage Tequatl's health anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    anyone bothered with the halo or horns thing? Can't remember how many I need but it was a full load over two days - anyone fancy a collection run today n tomorrow?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I got the Selfless Potion (because the Horns didn't look good, not because I feel like an angel), you need 250 Heirlooms and 10g for the potions. You can get 40 Heirlooms per day from the piles of rubble plus some odd ones from the bags. I wouldn't count on getting a whole lot from the bags though. So if you started today, you would be able to gather 200 Heirlooms until the patch hits (maybe 240 depending on when the patch goes live) from rubbles. There's a map with descriptions on the web, if you know what you're doing and where to go, a full run in which you avoid all fights will probably take 30-45 min.

Edit: Make sure that your inventory isn't full when trying to pick up Heirlooms from the rubble, you'll get some environmental weapon instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Stuff.
    Aye, I've got over 120 I thinkish... I generally try to pick up a few each time I've gone in. Horns a nay you say - hmm...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Network Hub
    I balked at the 10g price...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I got horns for my necro cos she is "bad"
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I got horns for my necro cos she is "bad"
    you smell bad and you should feel bad!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have the horns on my mes, to go with the tequaltl wings and profane armour for that demonic look. I even have a final rest for effect, though I don't evenknow what Mes staff skills do. I wonder if they can do a forked tail next? Sure you could borrow a charr animation for it swishing about

Well it's a good thing I like gw2 given I've just counted up my "inconsequential" gems purchases...

I could well be a whale...

edit: although it's easy to apply the same logic as to cleaners. What is your time worth... If you can pay for someone to clean for 2 hours a week rather than you do it - is the two hours you "gained" worth more than the 2 hours of wage lost v how much time gold mining would it have taken me to "earn" the gems I've spent.
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 14-03-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Well it's a good thing I like gw2 given I've just counted up my "inconsequential" gems purchases...

I could well be a whale...

edit: although it's easy to apply the same logic as to cleaners. What is your time worth... If you can pay for someone to clean for 2 hours a week rather than you do it - is the two hours you "gained" worth more than the 2 hours of wage lost v how much time gold mining would it have taken me to "earn" the gems I've spent.
    Paying for a cleaner is NEVER a waste of money!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I pay my cleaners an hourly rate to clean though, not for an RNG chance that they pick which room to clean or if I'm really unlucky eat all my biscuits while they watch my tv, which would be the equivalent of getting glory boosters via BL keys.
    Im not a whale, but may be a middling sized salmon...

It's not gone on rng stuff tbh (mostly bar the odd key sale but that is just gambling) Mostly on bag n bank slots. Some armour.

I occasionally do BL key runs. Using my current hourly salary as comparison, I know I could buy more keys with real money than I could possible farm in an hour. However, a) I don't get paid extra for doing overtime and b) I don't want to give money to Arenanet for scumbag RNG monetisation strategies. There, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I occasionally do BL key runs. Using my current hourly salary as comparison, I know I could buy more keys with real money than I could possible farm in an hour. However, a) I don't get paid extra for doing overtime and b) I don't want to give money to Arenanet for scumbag RNG monetisation strategies. There, I said it.
    I alas have less drainage on the wage atm so succumbed to the "fun" element of rng that it can bring but agree with you - just sometimes I have no willpower...

So ESL will do a 6v6 tournament in oldschool GW1 GvG style. http://www.esl.eu/eu/guildwars2/news/239194/
    Basically, you win by killing the guild lord, but you have to cap the point in the middle once before you are allowed to do so.
    Might we get 6 people to join it? There's money, gems and glory for Horace to be had.

Edit: I should probably add that nobody has applied right now, so there might even be default wins!
    Last edited by Labbes; 15-03-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Speaking of sPvP, there are bonuses to Glory and Rank points active this weekend. Apparently, the bonus Glory will last until the patch on the 18th.
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I'm pretty terrible at sPVP but would be up for giving it a shot, if people don't mind losing horribly (even if we are the only team in it).
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera