Page 144 of 185 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3692
    Made me smile today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ields_refugee/

From the thread:
    "Why is all this happening?!"
    "Ma'am, I need you push?"
    "NGGGGH! MY HOUSE! MY STORE! WHERE'S MY HUSBAND?"
    "Ma'am, your husband didn't get out before the miasma came down everywhere."
    "Push!"
    "NOOO! BEN! I'M RIGHT HERE! I KNOW YOURE ALIVE!"
    "Ma'am, I need you to focus. It's crowning now."
    "NGGGH! LYSSA! WHY?! UNTIL MY LAST BREATH, I WILL CURSE THE NAME~ NGHGHHH"
    "There we go! cry heard. It's a girl! What do you to name her?"
    "regains consciousness. ~Scarlet!"
    "Umm. Do you mind repeating that? It must be the nonstop shifts we've been doing but I could swear you just said~"
    "SCARLET!"

[GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fixed the main problem with Scarlet's invasion of LA. My kids' two L20ish characters are back where they belong at the end of Troll's end and Weyandts Revenge Jumping Puzzles collecting silver doubloons for me.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So, question, is it possible to do a viable Hammer warrior for PvE, or should I look into Guardian hammer?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I think hammer warrior for PvE is at best situational. But there are viable hammer guardian builds, especially for Fractals.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Hammer Warrior is fun to play, no matter the game mode (in my opinion). It's not the best DPS and the major strength of the Warrior's hammer skills (knock-downs/crowd control) are often made meaningless by the Unshakable effect of bosses/champions. Guardian hammer is still useful in these situations since it allows permanent Protection uptime. So, the weapons are very different in how they work in PvE.

Edit: I sometimes equip a hammer on my Warrior in Fractals for the AoE stun and KDs though, but I don't trait into it and instead just switch it in and out depending on the situation (Ascalon Fractal for the mobs in the alleys for example).
    Last edited by Squiz; 20-03-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Aww :/. Will have to wait for april to get more slots for guardian. It's either that, or deleting Engie lvl 47, which I started to like :/
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 20-03-2014 at 12:37 PM.

It's tough, I've been there before. One of the reasons why I'm proud owner of way too many character slots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Engineer is the best profession in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    We're going from 70 trait points to 14: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/t...aits-and-more/

There's some sense in this, since we only ever assign points in groups of five...

But more importantly - instant trait refunds anywhere. But no build templates, right? (only skim-read)
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

RIP 14/14/14/14/14. These sound like good changes.

Some of these traits though... I'm not sure I want faster arrows for anything.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 20-03-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Network Hub
    The one time I think I'll be the first to post on an update... Bah!

This sounds promising though. Tying progression to exploration sounds amazing to me, as well as the easy retrait options. And new traits as well! This is the first patch in a while I'm genuinely excited for.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Engineer is the best profession in the game.
    His melee is lacking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    aye, sounds good - at least the refunding bit and the way to acquire them - but 1 point every 6 levels up to lvl 66 and then 2 thereafter? that seems unnecessarily convoluted.

also the explained traits include - making Guardians more tanky, making backstab theives more annoying and making Longbow rangers... well no change there.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Some big changes... and more big changes to come too!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Well new Attack speed trait will be interesting on my bleed warrior...

I like the changes, but unlocking traits much much later means leveling will be more tedious. You lose utility/power when you are a lowbie.... some classes get good mobility from traits etc.

RIP Warriors running with 100% crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    RIP 14/14/14/14/14. These sound like good changes.

Some of these traits though... I'm not sure I want faster arrows for anything.
    Faster guardian scepter orbs? No?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I like the changes, but unlocking traits much much later means leveling will be more tedious. You lose utility/power when you are a lowbie.... some classes get good mobility from traits etc.
    Yeah, not sure about that aspect, seems unnecessary and obstructive.

I hope they use this opportunity to reshuffle some traitlines, as some of them are in dire need of a change. For example, Ranger traits associated with different pet classes are all over the place. Similiarly, lots of Necro traits need reworking/fixing, especially those associated with minions.

Not sure I like the new Thief Grandmaster trait. On the one hand, it might be an incentive for Thieves to rely less on stealth for survivability. On the other hand, this will only make sense if at the same time going into stealth would come with some kind of drawback. That's the major issue with the class, bad players can just retreat at any given time if their burst fails without having to worry about committing to a fight (same goes for Warriors atm).

About the new trading post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tivac
    Still happening! Here's the slightly-tortouous history of the new TP.

I specced out the architecture back in the beginning of 2013 & then built a barebones implementation. Not shippable, but enough to prove out the ideas on the technical side.

Unfortunately it was lower priority than a bunch of things like "make sure the BLTC isn't on fire" and "make sure we can take money" so work didn't start up in earnest until about... November? At that point it was only one person as well. It then lost out in a priority war with China preparation and so went dark again.

Starting late Jan/early Feb we put a proper team on it and they're full steam ahead on it.

We have other things on our plate but it has a ship date and we've got every intention of hitting it. That's not a guarantee that we will, but something would have to go very wrong for us to miss it.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    In other news, its exceptionally easy to piss about getting your alt ready to walk out the door as a level 80
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

March, 2013. Arenanet decides to finally apply common sense and past successes to Guild Wars 2. This makes me slightly more optimistic for the wardrobe.
    Ranger and Engi get two terrible new traits. Hurrah!
    GW2: Urraca Aldor