Page 147 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4186
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Means we can't play guess the unidye any more though

Jeez though, big changes... Interesting ones though very much indeed.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Why would unid dyes get more expensive? Are people retarded?

Edit: My blackberry investment paid off. God bless this community.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 25-03-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    1 laurel = 3 t6 mats = ~1g
    5 laurels = 10 unidentified dyes = ~woo?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Hmm. Great to be finally getting a wardrobe, but as I said before, I can't help but be disappointed with the implementation. If I've bought two gemstore skins for my characters, I don't expect to have to use *another* gemstore transaction just to change from one skin to the other. It strikes me as a free-to-play style game mechanic.

Presumably they didn't think that the sensible implementation would make them enough money? I dunno. I would have been more inclined to pay to unlock skins for infinite use, however, than to pay to change my look to skins I already own.

The trade-in for crystals and stones is a bonus, however. I guess most of us have upwards of 100 stones sitting around, meaning 30-40 charges right off the bat.

1:1 crystals:charges ratio gives us some idea of the likely pricing for charges: probably 25 for 800 gems.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 25-03-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    1 laurel = 3 t6 mats = ~1g
    5 laurels = 10 unidentified dyes = ~woo?
    Woo indeed.

To be honest, I didn't think they would give us anything for the sub-80 transmutation things at all. So I'm quite happy with the change.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    The trade-in for crystals and stones is a bonus, however. I guess most of us have upwards of 100 stones sitting around, meaning 30-40 charges right off the bat.

1:1 crystals:charges ratio gives us some idea of the likely pricing for charges: probably 25 for 800 gems.
    If you don't value your time that much you can farm stones on a new character with city map completion. It might even be a good deal. Or maybe not.

Insane, Anet delivers market impacting changes like a clockwork. Still waiting for the cinnamon prices to explode. Any day now...

Wondering what will happen to limited sale dyes (Flame and Frost and co.).

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    If you don't value your time that much you can farm stones on a new character with city map completion. It might even be a good deal. Or maybe not.
    What's the fastest way to the Order of Whispers HQ?

Edit: Nvm, exploration of that zone doesn't give any stones... hm... LA then? Or maybe the Grove?

Editē: I find it amazing that Anet really is planning to implement those dye changes. I am scared of what might be going on on the official forums right now.
    Last edited by Squiz; 25-03-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Why would unid dyes get more expensive? Are people retarded?

Edit: My blackberry investment paid off. God bless this community.
    Uh, good for you but you really should have invested in walnuts. 832% increase in price in an hour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Its a lot better than I was expecting. Assuming the cost of 1 transmutation is the same, we have an improvement over now as we can use both our stones and crystals. Plus all the character bound nonsense is gone. And we no longer need to destroy equipment when we use a stone. That is all wins as far as I can see
    Hopefully we will continue to have a mechanism to get these transmute charges outside of gem store, through dailies or world completion, but we can see on that.
    The broader question is how does ANet continue to fund the game (staff, servers, new content) in a world of Free to play and microtransactions. Until a box set comes along that is gem sales, so it is not unreasonable that there is some charge for modest QoL stuff like this, rather than everything going via overpriced 1 use skins and RNG as was the case from Sept 2012 to now.

Dye prices have shot up due to speculators - all the 1s dyes are now selling for 11s+, so my plan to buy them up was foiled by not being at home today! Re the market - ANet has shown itself to be pretty comfortable with crazy fluctuations in prices as the result pf announcements. Must be as they have a RL economist running things. The more volatile prices are, the more transactions, the more the BLTP acts as a gold sink. In the end all those cheap dyes will turn into uncommon dyes, most of which will end up as common worthless ones again. Or get turned into Bifrosts
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Uh, good for you but you really should have invested in walnuts. 832% increase in price in an hour.
    Yes, I really should have. I was actually going through dye recipes last week and seriously considered buying a couple of stacks just in case, but ultimately only got ~100 because I only had 3g in the bank and didn't want it all tied up.

Edit: Also someone in Queensdale map chat opened 2 unid dyes and got Abyss twice, completely oblivious to the current bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Its a lot better than I was expecting. Assuming the cost of 1 transmutation is the same, we have an improvement over now as we can use both our stones and crystals. Plus all the character bound nonsense is gone. And we no longer need to destroy equipment when we use a stone. That is all wins as far as I can see
    Hopefully we will continue to have a mechanism to get these transmute charges outside of gem store, through dailies or world completion, but we can see on that.
    The broader question is how does ANet continue to fund the game (staff, servers, new content) in a world of Free to play and microtransactions. Until a box set comes along that is gem sales, so it is not unreasonable that there is some charge for modest QoL stuff like this, rather than everything going via overpriced 1 use skins and RNG as was the case from Sept 2012 to now.
    I'm genuinely interested in how it's better than you were expecting, given that this system (pay-per-change-of-look) is exactly what we were expecting. It can't just be the transmutation stone thing, since that's fairly minor (and predictable) in the grand scheme of things. Sure, it's an improvement over the status quo, but it's not what I had hoped for from a wardrobe.

I'd be very, very surprised if transmutation charges are available in a sustainable way (i.e. more than one or two at a time) outside of the gem store.

I do understand the "Anet gotta make money" argument, but I don't understand why that necessitates the crappy implementation where we have to pay for changing our looks rather than merely for banking skins. I guess it just seemed obvious to me that the best implementation would be a one-off gem cost to unlock a skin for infinite use. I'm not against them charging for stuff; it's the way it's done that matters.

It's true that I'll probably keep all my armor sets anyway, so the wardrobe does not really fulfill its intended purpose, I guess.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Don't forget guys we're not really the prime demographic so don't be too surprised it doesn't suit us personally... We can give good reasons why we should be - but we're not (well I might be given the real money i've spent on it but it makes little difference to me I suspect in the long run. Lets see how maren deals with it having 26 alts...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I'm genuinely interested in how it's better than you were expecting, given that this system (pay-per-change-of-look) is exactly what we were expecting. It can't just be the transmutation stone thing, since that's fairly minor (and predictable) in the grand scheme of things. Sure, it's an improvement over the status quo, but it's not what I had hoped for from a wardrobe.

I'd be very, very surprised if transmutation charges are available in a sustainable way (i.e. more than one or two at a time) outside of the gem store.

I do understand the "Anet gotta make money" argument, but I don't understand why that necessitates the crappy implementation where we have to pay for changing our looks rather than merely for banking skins. I guess it just seemed obvious to me that the best implementation would be a one-off gem cost to unlock a skin for infinite use. I'm not against them charging for stuff; it's the way it's done that matters.
    You can still get skins the normal way (badges, dungeon tokens, crafting etc) so what you're basically buying here is the ability to quickly move them to any other character you might have. Consider the fact that you get legendaries on all of your characters... that's worth thousands of gold in a pre-patch world.

In the end, instead of losing money on items you're transmuting or just using as a skin over your existing ones you'll be paying for gems to get charges. I don't think it's all that bad and most of all, as with their other cash-shop things, it's optional.

I'm not saying it's the best way they could've done this, obviously your option is nicer for the player, but I'm ok with them taking the option that makes them more money because that'll keep the game running. As ever, it's optional and it doesn't affect in any way how you experience the game. It's just about making yourself a bit shinier in a convenient way.
    Last edited by noaru; 25-03-2014 at 07:00 PM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

You're right, the thing with legendary skins is awesome. My warrior looks forward to wielding dual Moots for the hell of it. On reflection, I am being a bit of a curmudgeon -- it is a great feature that has long been at the top of my most wanted list. And it adds to horizontal progression, which is good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm genuinely interested in how it's better than you were expecting, given that this system (pay-per-change-of-look) is exactly what we were expecting.
    Wrote an essay replying that was lost in a freak copy paste accident. In short, lack of soulbinding, ability to withdraw multiple times, inclusion of all skins in game including limited events, and weapons too, and legendaries. I expected none of those things,for I am a pessimist whose football team has won nothing since before I was born

ps I can wield 2 Frostfangs now. At the same time. And one on my ranger. And my necro!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Although the Legendary thing is nice, you won't really get another legendary, just the looks.

That'll do me

I really hate you all legendary people.

Good thing about this patch though is that I don't have to run Trib Mode repeatedly for multiple greatswords etc. GIVE ME SAB NOW.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.