Page 151 of 210 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4194
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    oh well, guess it's time to start practicing the jungle wurm fight.

- actually I quite like that mechanic, especially the ability to start world boss fights for the guild.

Dungeons—You will no longer be able to tell if a dungeon entrance is open until you’re on the same map.
    But how will you find out where a dungeon is open?
    Last edited by hawksbane; 03-04-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Well you won't, because that doesn't make sense in the system.

I bet we're going to see a lot less people doing CoE/CoF.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Squiz... it's a monster2014-04-03 18.32.51.jpg

True that is a mouse mat (big one too) but inside... The to scale object is a dvd for those who have not met lovefilm before
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

So are they doing away with wp costs then... that is gonna hurt constantly.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

On most things I'm impartial, or make an effort to see both sides of the argument. I consider myself pretty amicable and I don't generally express really extreme feelings on anything, especially when it comes to a videogame.

But this? Megaservers? What a crock of shit. It's like they had a great idea and then found every way imaginable to fuck it up.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Ok, if I had bothered to read on, I'd have seen the Guild World Events thing. That's a pretty great idea and is basically what people have asked for with Teq and Wurm.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

It's pretty terrifying, alright. Ecto prices will be rising even more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Actually I think more people will do world bosses if they're on a fixed timer.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Squiz... it's a monster
    It's a devil in a box. Ba-dum-tish.

My experience with hardware packaging is that it's always horribly oversized and bloated. I would assume that the card itself isn't longer than 26cm? Congratulations on the upgrade anyway, mine might reach me this evening...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Free stuff in the TP today
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Oooh, its lovely running mostly highs and hi res skins is still giving me 40 in the vigil keep

For your convenience, here are the dev comments from the Mega Server and World Bosses questions thread on the official forums that have been posted so far.

A few answers:

• Guild World Events are the same as the public activation except they occur when you want them to start. Any bystanders can participate.
    • You can still use the party UI to join someone in a different map instance.
    • Gathering nodes are still randomized on every map instance.

Link to post.

On the schedule:

• It is not written in stone. We will adjust it as necessary.
    • There’s lots of ways to go about this, but the current thinking is that it would be more convenient to plan for specific daily times rather than have a “sliding” rotation. We felt this was particularly necessary for larger events like the Triple Wurm and Tequatl.
    • Although the old system had certain advantages, it had some major disadvantages as well:
      • Although non-scheduled events are more dynamic, you have a low chance of encountering events with long cooldown periods. Although it was originally thought that big events would be happenstance and rare opportunities that players would stumble on and become immersed in, we found that many players enjoy this type of content as a mainstay of their GW2 experience. When they can’t access that content regularly, we have a problem.
      • On the other hand, you may be aware of the external event tracking sites and have been using them play on regularly basis. This is a good approach in concept, but there’s some major pitfalls if you miss an opportunity to play because of a new build or encounter an overflow server.

• The intent of the schedule is to:
      • consistently provide access to large scale content for players who want to play it
      • deliver that content in such a way that players can plan and organize to prepare for it
      • help ensure that there are always enough participants in the content
      • help ensure that there is always enough server capacity to for all of the participants regardless of overflows, megaservers, etc

• There are still and will always be a large number of meta-events and bosses that are not on the schedule.

At some point, we would also like to introduce a messaging system in-game so that it’s always clear what world event content you participate in without having to utilize a resource outside of the game. I have no guarantee or ETA of when we might actually see this though.

Link to post.

After thinking a bit about it I think that Malawi is right and most likely more people will run world events. On the other hand, the announcement that nodes will be randomized might be an issue for Orichalcum and Ancient Wood gathering. Could be that the actual changes will take player feedback into account, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, double waypointing fees are a horrible idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I used to gather Ori a lot, now much less so, but it would be good if this wasn't randomised across servers - change every patch/week as now sure, but the way it is now you have no guarantee if you swap characters or the next day you'll end up in the same zone which is randomness for the sake of it I think.
    Would prefer the big events to be a little later in the day - I struggle to get on for 8:40 or so to make a Monday Teq kill, and 7pm in the summe/6pm in the winter UK time is going to be a struggle. However the guild feature means we can do the organised kills at a desirable time so this is pretty much a non-issue
    The 15 min staggering of events (I assume this means pre events) means you wont be able to luckily chain together events any more (checking timers or wurm and maw and killing one, wping to the other and getting both chests) but it would be good to get out of the habit of just playing for loot
    WP fees were always a rubbish plan, but not worth worrying about - any time I WP it is to do an event, dungeon, craft or gather which will gain me more than the WP cost, so the gold is irrelevant - the loading time is the stupid bit if we need to WP twice. Better to have the WP selectable, but if it ends up being closed to redirect you.
    Im hopeful the dungeons will actually be clear more often - there was a reddit or forum thread about this which theorised that as MM (apart from golem and megadestroyer times) and FR are pretty empty zones, rather than having many empty servers where the dungeon will close, there will only be 1-2 open zones where people are going to dungeon, so it will tend to be open more often. The same people will open the dungeon as now (sometimes even us!), but will need to do so less often.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

So more importantly... armour skins for the [human] guardian - I've got phalanx for pve, norn has primeval and the other heavy sets are a bit crap. What are people running armour skin wise they think looks the shizzle?

Not sure why this has been posted here in the WvW thread (Edit: Moved to General nonsense), but anyway: My Warrior has Braham's skin on her Zerker set which might get changed as soon as the wardrobe hits and a mix of Norn racial T2, Draconic, Gladiator, Barbaric and Pitfighter skins on her Knight's set. My Guardian is currently sporting Invader's and Legacy armor pieces.
    Last edited by Squiz; 07-04-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You need the guild armour on your chest in WvW. Ought to be obligatory to give the enemy Horace to target, so that their aim is put off by his endlessness. Or at least that is Xen's plan.

More seriously, I'm waiting for the wardrobe and account bound dyes so I can properly sort out the looks of all my characters. There are probably some great combinations we have already unlocked but not yet considered, so I wouldn't finalise anything until then. Not exactly practicing what I preach, though - I may possibly have spent slightly too much on gem store armour sets (yes, even the Scarlet ones - Ocharra really likes spikes...) and dyes, but the alternative was my wife spending it all on shoes, which is the same thing really. Or feeding my children, which isn't.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Note: Moved the last couple of posts here from the WvW thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks Squirrel. Was thinking the same thing but I lack your awesome moderator powerz.

On a related note, I feel a contest to celebrate the wardrobe and account bound dyes might be appropriate
    One entry per RPS member, one character, one screenshot and a few lines explaining your look.
    Duke of course has already won a contest like this and will have to enter a different character that doesn't look like a 1990s comic book sidekick.
    We'll need someone neutral to judge it - sadly its probably not important enough for the RPS hivemind, though that would of course be ideal. Failing that someone from another guild on GH? Or we could just throw it open to a vote, but democracy isn't really RPS' style.
    Whilst I would love to offer awesome loot as a prize, the best I can offer is an enameled dye I have sitting around (the orange one before you all get excited, red and blue got used to make Ocharra and Xen shiny).
    Thoughts before I create a new thread?

I put it in there as it was wvw related - as in the wvw skin for my guardian!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'm certainly up for the compo :]

Also my guardian is waiting for the wardrobe for a new look so that's a thing.