Page 152 of 208 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4145
    I'm up for another competition too. I have something very special in mind...
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    In a fashion contest, the only category you could beat Queen of Dance in would be "Characters who are not Queen of Dance".

Network Hub
    Well, Duke won a fashion contest once, so I'd say it's anybody's game.

Also I have an Infinite Quaggan Tonic left (a Green or Blue one, can't remember) that I am willing to donate to the Pool o' Prizes.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Malawi. Thanks for your suggestion of a category for the contest. If you let me know what prize you are offering, I'll add it to the post when I put up tomorrow.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I believe Malawi has thrown down the gauntlet...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'll give a pink quaggan tonic, okay.

There are still a few minis in the guild bank that could be used as prizes since no one has claimed them in months.

I realized that my previous description isn't very useful without listing which skins are used for the different armor pieces, so here are a couple of screenies. Might as well enter the competition with one of my re-skinned toons after the patch. Nice idea, Xanadu!

Screenshot23282.jpgScreenshot24078.jpgScreenshot24875.jpg

Head: Norn Cultural T2
    Shoulders (not shown): Draconic
    Chest: Barbaric
    Gloves: Draconic
    Legs: Pit Fighter (it says "Northern" on the item, I think I've shopped it from a karma merchant)
    Feet: Draconic
    Colours: Antique Gold, Ebony and Mushroom (only on the legs)
    Last edited by Squiz; 08-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    We have plenty of prizes in the bank, it would be good to make use of them.

I'm up for a competition too.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Network Hub
    So I've been gone from the game for over a year, and I came back last week to find a lot of things changed. I'm spending some time getting re-adjusted, but now I've seen that there's a huge patch planned for next week and it's got a lot of changes coming in. Without fully understanding some of the changes that have already happened, I'm left even more out of the loop on what's coming soon.

Anyone care to give me a simple idea of just how big of a shake-up this new patch is supposed to be, in words that an idiot like myself can understand?

Things that will happen in the patch:
    - Runes will undergo major changes, so the crappy ones will be better
    - Traits will change, and there will be new grandmaster traits added
    - Account wardrobe, which lets you change appearance on the fly (but at what cost!)
    - Reset your traits anywhere, without cost!

The rest is not really important, I think.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    The rest is not really important, I think.
    Ahem. World bosses undergo a drastic change, they will now be on a set schedule. This means that you'll be able to kill a world boss only every 15 minutes, much more slowly than with the current system.

Starting with a couple of low level areas for testing, the PvE server structure will be done away with, meaning that instead of guesting to other servers, you will be put into a copy of the map you want to go to. You'll be more likely to be put into a map with players of your home world/server or from your guild.

As a consequence, nodes for Orichalcum and other high tier materials (Ancient Wood, possibly Omnomberries) will be randomized for each copy of a map.

You'll be more likely to pay more waypointing costs since all waypoints on maps you're not currently playing in will be contested for you. Not sure how this will be realised in the final patch version, I cannot imagine that WPing will be made nearly useless but that's how it sounds to me.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Well, other fairly important things:

- Megaservers: PvE zones no longer have individual servers and players are moved to servers according to guild/party.
    - PvP and PvE cosmetic gear merge, all unlocked PvP locker items added to PvE.
    - PvP has a completely new reward system: Progress through various tracts for more specific rewards.
    - Account bound dyes: unidentified dyes also no longer drop. Still come from crafting and Gem Store.

And because I said "I think", I don't look like an idiot who has trouble thinking so early after getting up!
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Network Hub
    Wait, they're getting rid of dye drops? I guess I got really lucky when I had that Abyss drop for me the other day, since I'll probably never get my cooking up high enough to bother with spending inordinate amounts of time gathering materials to craft random dyes with. Especially considering that the rare dye recipes aren't even guaranteed to give you a rare dye.

For the world bosses, I'm only level 72 at my highest, so it doesn't really bother me. Though I suppose there's probably a good reason to farm world bosses. The rest of the things about the megaservers, I'm sort of indifferent to. I would kind of expect that all the harvestable nodes for everything would be randomized across worlds, otherwise you could conceivably hit a single node 4-5 times just by switching back and forth between them. It would make things extremely easy to farm.

Traits changing is nice, though. I kinda hate how mine are set up, but I don't feel like spending money to reset them because I never did figure out how to make money in this game.

Really, I never got super-involved in GW2, and quit playing after it was only out for 3 months or so, so I guess I can't get all that upset about anything. Except the dyes, because that was something I knew and loved from GW1, and they're taking it away from me! Maybe if I stick around for more than a few months this time I'll learn enough and get involved enough to actually give a crap the next time they make big changes.

Thanks for the simplified version of things though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I hadn't thought through this dye thing -- so now the only sources of supply be crafting and the gemstore?

Crafting of dyes had previously been a bit of a waste of time, so it will be an improvement in that way.

Also perhaps suggests that high-end dyes will be the goal of ascended cooking, when it eventually comes. I'm a little surprised there are no grandmaster crafting disciplines in this feature update -- I had been expecting jeweller, at least.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I suggest using your laurels until the patch you can buy them by pack of 10 if any duplicates I think they will reroll them?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by unruly View Post
    Wait, they're getting rid of dye drops?
    Yes but dont worry in the short term you can just buy from trading post. As everyone with a duplicate dye on an alt is getting a new unidentified dye there will be a lot of supply and the price will plummet after Tuesday. You can also get unidentified dyes from laurels from doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by unruly View Post
    I never did figure out how to make money in this game.
    Come on dungeon runs with RPS (guaranteed 1 and a bit gold a run, and allegedly people have fun too) - you can do at least half of them at L72 and they'll quickly level you up the other 8 levels too, or do world bosses (guaranteed rare for each boss per day, so at least 30silver a time)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Crafting of dyes had previously been a bit of a waste of time, so it will be an improvement in that way.
    Not sure - the RNG is still pretty awful if you want one of the rare ones, so the dye price would have to shoot up relative to the ingredients for it to compete with the TP

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I suggest using your laurels until the patch you can buy them by pack of 10 if any duplicates I think they will reroll them?
    Buying dyes with laurels isn't worth it anymore compared to T6 crafting materials.

And rolling for dyes always lost you money.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 09-04-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Buying dyes with laurels isn't worth it anymore compared to T6 crafting materials.
    Maybe so but not everyone is a chef and if you don't need your laurels for anything else this is an alternative.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie