Page 155 of 209 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4178
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    There never is a fixed patch time, and servers don't need to go down for a patch. The closest I could tell you would be sometime between 3PM and midnight GMT.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Guild world events cost 100 merits and 50,000 influence to unlock:

http://i.imgur.com/1jmC7of.jpg
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Do you have your personal server with the new patch deployed saph?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    That one came from reddit -- livestream screenshots

There are some rune changes revealed, too. I think this one is a massive anet troll.
    Rune of the Lich1: +25 vitality
    2: +5% condi duration
    3: +50 vit
    4: +10% condi duration
    5: +100 vit

6: 50% when hit to summon a jagged horror (60s cd)
    A jagged horror? Really?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lich form summons jagged horrors, so it makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Guild world events cost 100 merits and 50,000 influence to unlock:

http://i.imgur.com/1jmC7of.jpg
    If this is actually true, it will be a big problem for world event communities. The regular spawn timers are almost impossible to make on a regular basis (at least wurm) and the costs for guild world event spawns are ridiculously high. The guild merrit requirement prevents daily event activation, even if all guild members contribute gold for influence purchases. Not sure what Anet was thinking when they came up with that idea.

Edit: Also, Magic Find has been said to affect champion boxes from now on.
    Last edited by Squiz; 15-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    To unlock squizz, not to run I think is the point...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Look at the image. Now look more closely.

Any single guild can earn up to 110 merrits per week. That is, by completing a whole set of guild missions including T3 bounties. This is less than one world event (i.e., Teq, wurm, karka queen) per day. For guilds that are primarily interested in running those, this is a pretty nasty hit.
    Last edited by Squiz; 15-04-2014 at 10:16 PM.

I shall leave Tumblr now.

Also you guys seen this shitstorm? Lol.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Look at the image. Now look more closely.

Any single guild can earn up to 110 merrits per week. That is, by completing a whole set of guild missions including T3 bounties. This is less than one world event (i.e., Teq, wurm, karka queen) per day. For guilds that are primarily interested in running those, this is a pretty nasty hit.
    Hmm, still not that much of a biggie to me - yeah its a change to stop massive loot gathering which I can see is part of the overall timing system. But it can be got around my having MM, MM2, MM3 that chains together lots of guild events across multiple guilds to be able to get muchos merits to run more than a single guilds "quota"

edit: that red V suggests that is still be unlocked - not that its the running cost... hence the total to unlock is 100 merits n 50k influence... We shall have to see what the activation cost is.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post

Now that's what I call The Great Wall of Text.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Death Shroud: Fixed a bug that caused necromancer skills to be locked for 1 second after exiting death shroud. Removed old text from this skill’s description stating that entering Death Shroud removes spectral effects.

Best change in the patch, only took them a year and a half.

You can put a stacking sigil on your underwater weapon and keep the stacks from your land-based stacking weapons, even if you unequip them.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Hmm, still not that much of a biggie to me - yeah its a change to stop massive loot gathering which I can see is part of the overall timing system. But it can be got around my having MM, MM2, MM3 that chains together lots of guild events across multiple guilds to be able to get muchos merits to run more than a single guilds "quota"
    What is the massive loot gathering you speak of? The rewards for the Teq and wurm events are relatively bad (Teq not as much) compared to the amount of effort it takes to successfully complete them. The system would make sense for regular world events, but then again, who would spend that much influence on a couple of greens and one yellow?

The issue is that the regular spawn times for the two big world events (I don't count karka queen as such, even with the proposed changes, it is very unlikely that it will become a massive event of the scale of Teq/wurm) are quite inconvenient for EU players, which means that regular guild spawns become necessary if you'd like to do them on a daily basis. We'll have to see how the feedback from the community will turn out to be and how the devs are responding to it. I could imagine some changes to either the timers or the activation costs with future patches.

edit: that red V suggests that is still be unlocked - not that its the running cost... hence the total to unlock is 100 merits n 50k influence... We shall have to see what the activation cost is.
    No, the picture I linked shows the costs per activation (which now have been confirmed to be true, since the patch went live), the unlock costs are shown above that. That's why I said look more closely, I should have posted a bigger selection of Saph's link. Now the unlock costs seem to have gone away, which still leaves the problem of the very high activation costs.

Edit: Apparently, we got the event unlock instantly? It looks like the guild world event upgrade stayed unlocked after Monkey queued and then canceled the research. Could be a graphical bug though.

Editē: Not a graphical bug, I've just successfully queued a guild world event upgrade "token".
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-04-2014 at 08:17 AM.

So, if you log into one of your characters that has only a few dyes unlocked, buy and unlock further dyes on it, and only afterwards log into characters with more dyes unlocked, you will still get the dyes refunded as unidentified dyes.

This is most likely seen as an exploit.
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Editē: Not a graphical bug, I've just successfully queued a guild world event upgrade "token".
    I can't log on being at work - but I had already rescheduled the unlock task - it was going to take a week at the cost of 100 merits and 50k influence. Yes you were right in that it will take 20 and 10k for the actual event activation.

Has the unlock task already finished? It was running as the 3rd task using the asura contract to allow others to continue building normally...

Has the unlock task already finished? It was running as the 3rd task using the asura contract to allow others to continue building normally...
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened. The research for the unlock has already finished and the research history tab indicates that you've cancelled the research job. As I've said above, I was able to queue a world event charge/token, so there is no way the initial unlock did run its intended duration.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. The research for the unlock has already finished and the research history tab indicates that you've cancelled the research job. As I've said above, I was able to queue a world event charge/token, so there is no way the initial unlock did run its intended duration.
    Weird - it was meant to take a week [a full 7 days]... not over night. Perhaps a micro patch fixed something and they had to complete peoples queues to get it to work - if so AWESOME!

Well you said that the patch caused all of our queued items to be instantly completed... maybe they hotfixed something during the night that caused another such happy event

Later edit:
    Fixed a bug that would complete Guild upgrades prematurely.

On a different note though, am I the only one that is disappointed in how you unlock the new traits? Making you have to hunt for Grenth or the Karka queen (especially with the world event clusterfuck this megaserver system is) seems like a complete cock-up to me. I was expecting you had to do some JP or hunt for some obscure corner of the world to get an item, something that, you know, is ALWAYS THERE.

/rant
    Last edited by noaru; 16-04-2014 at 10:13 AM.