Page 169 of 196 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3911
    In that case I would recommend giving the usual guide sources (starts with a "D") a quick look, they should get you through most of the fights. From personal experience, a D/P Thief (6/6/0/0/2, can ping my build ingame) can mindlessly blind-spam a lot of fights. I use Signet of Malice, Signet of Agility, Infiltrator's Signet and Scorpion Wire (Deadeye)/Assassin's Signet, Thieves Guild/nothing (you don't need the elite very often). Use lifesteal food at your leisure, it makes things a bit easier, especially if you intend to farm any of the fights with gambits (Hammerdude is the quickest one).

With that, I can take on:

T1, I - the Hammerdude,
    T1, II - the Quaggan (switch to Shortbow for this one, run in circles, use #3 every now and then, Thieves Guild helps too),
    T1, III - Windcaller, bit more tricky, other builds/classes might be better, but doable (alternatively try Warrior with GS and stability),
    T2, II - Masticus, as easy as Hammerdude,
    T3, II - Deadeye, press Tab (select nearest enemy), D/P #3 (shadowstep to him), #5 (blinds, reapply when needed), auto-attack him, circle around a bit to prevent him from being pushed too close to mines, if he teleports and/or starts charging up his headshot use Scorpion Wire, repeat. Maybe steal from him to get Ini back. Thieves Guild helps too and provides another Scorpion Wire if you get lucky with the timing.

The rest I haven't fought yet this year but had some success with a Warrior last time around (back then we didn't have OP Healing Signet yet I think). If I remember correctly:

Suriel (T1, IV) - isn't hard if you can avoide her 1-hit-ko (stand in shadow pools),
    Tyre (T2, I) - can be out-dps-ed,
    Salazan (T2, III) - needs some observation but can be done easily with a bow/rifle once you have his pattern down (don't cross the flamewall, run around the edge of the arena to avoid the ground-targeted AOE, step right and left to avoid the flame jets),
    the crew (T2, IV) - I can't remember, but it has something to do with finding the right order of killing them, again, these days a Warrior should be able to take them on, bring Endure Pain,
    Subject 7 (T3, I) - I used single-target damage against that one I think, also Endure Pain,
    Strugar/Chomper (T3, III) - I killed Strugar first I think.
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-05-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: What a mess of a post. :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I wouldn't put Strength on a guardian with the meta builds as they are. Only do that if you're really lazy and happen to have a lot of cash, or you pug a lot and use Empowering Might (and have a lot of cash).
    I have a tendency not to follow the meta, but in a proper group you should be able to keep up some might permanently so strength runes would be better all round wouldn't they? (although, I don't think the improvement is necessarily worth the gold).

Flame Legion runes are dirt cheap and pretty good for a guardian so i'll be sticking with those for a while yet.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Agree with FL for guardian. My guard's armour is not currently salvageable, so isn't getting any runes of more than nominal value. He can borrow the warriors ascended scholar set in the unlikely event you are desperate enough to ask me to play guard in Arah or fractals.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Hot tip: Don't leave the little chests at the lower right corner of your screen (the reward chests from events for example) stack up to more than ~5, you'll lose anything that goes beyond that number, as I've found out tonight... 10 gold CP chests down the drain.

Thanks for the warning I didn't know that.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Hot tip: Don't leave the little chests at the lower right corner of your screen (the reward chests from events for example) stack up to more than ~5, you'll lose anything that goes beyond that number, as I've found out tonight... 10 gold CP chests down the drain.
    Thanks... but I have to ask: why would you even do that? The chests stack man, they stack!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Gosh I can't keep a chest waiting like that, my curiosity would go nute, I just can't wait tha tlong I click and click omg the LOOT Can't resist...
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Haha, you two are funny.

@noaru: The chests weren't the issue but the tickets and tokens.

@Tweetiti: Ever left that hardcapped map you won't be able to get back into just to check how many greens you got?

I would have taken the chests if I had been able to. Lesson learned: Always carry some pocket bankers around with you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I am confuse. Was your inventory full, or did you just not want that particular character to get the tickets/tokens?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

The inventory was full up to one or two spaces. Had I accepted those boxes (by which I am referring to the animated items at the lower right corner of the screen, each of which contains 1 gold reward box, 80 tokens, ~20 tickets), I would have been forced to delete stuff from my inventory or accept the fate of an Asura/Sloth hybrid thief, crawling about the pavilion because I wouldn't have been able to clear out the "overflow" pickup box.
    Last edited by Squiz; 28-05-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Network Hub
    10 ? did you join up with the hardcore community run again ?

Season 2 begins July 1:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready/

If that portal doesn't mean new zone(s), then Anet deserve to be strung up for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    10 ? did you join up with the hardcore community run again ?
    Well, yeah I tried, but that run was overflowing a bit, so we made another hardcore-ish group (went really well up to that point). Speaking of which: I was a bit bummed when you disconnected earlier that other night and weren't able to get back in again. In the future, we should deal with such cases by either joining one of the other gw2community runs or starting another one lead by RPS.

Network Hub
    Not to worry, it happen's at last another rps'er got the spot ; ), but def up for trying to again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Season 2 begins July 1
    that's a whole 'nother month away. Well at least Ohara will get a chance to finish the 4 winds 'chievies.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

People are saying they don't want to clash with next week's Wildstar launch, which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    People are saying they don't want to clash with next week's Wildstar launch, which makes sense.
    Not much to worry about really. Played a few hours of open-beta and it was underwhelming to say the least.

The worst part about it for me was the setting... yes it's tongue-in-cheek and amusing, but the world looks very boring... especially when coming from the superb art direction GW2 has.

I heard it has good dungeon design and some promising PvP, but it doesn't look even close to being worth the time investment (and the money as well... it has a subscription).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Yeah, I think they'd be more worried if it had a buy-to-play model. I kind of enjoyed the beta but not enough to stick with it. There are a lot of people who try out all these new MMOs, though, and by 1 July the free month will be coming to an end -- so it's the perfect time to entice people back to GW2.

Yeah I've looked at Wildstar too, my other guild (Wipus Frequentus) are big on that game and I was thinking about giving it a go but a few things have put me off. Loot...

Stupid roll for loot design,
    I assume gathering will be first come first servered too,
    I'm not a big fan of the trinity anymore,
    Graphics are kind of cartoony which is a bit off putting for me.
    I'm guessing as well that you will have the gear grind that means I'll have to do certain things to "keep up with the guild" or get left behind.
    Oh yeah...subscription. There was a time where I'd only play sub games, didn't think F2P could compete...then GW2 came along and changed all that for me.
    But I don't know much about it so much of that is guess work.

For me GW2 still ticks all the right boxes,
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    that's a whole 'nother month away. Well at least Ohara will get a chance to finish the 4 winds 'chievies.
    thx hawks.
    I got the meta purely through boss blitz, but need to work on the labyrinthine cliffs, and gauntlet. Kept getting killed by gauntlet ooze yesterday, may need a change of build/class.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet