Page 178 of 214 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4280
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Living story wasn't bad, I thought. More quest content than I was expecting, though I'll be surprised if they can churn that much out on a fortnightly basis.

And Dry Top looks nice although is a bit small and a bit of a pain to get around at first.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I started hating engineers after Aerin... Platform based boss fights for my DBIR thief is a damn death sentence :/ Will need to save up for berserker set :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Re small, we've only got access to part of the zone so far, assume it will gradually open up in coming weeks.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    indeed, but baffled as why they are treating the map in an episodic fashion apart from throttling peoples progression and drip feeding content over a number of weeks, considering how long this has been in the offing.
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317

CONTENT SPOILERS AHEAD! At first I was like "Meh, another Sylvari baddie, how original". But after finishing the short and tedious chapter, I am all "Meh, probably just a surprise plot twist consisting of the MoP (Master of Peace) being the real bad guy.". Could be wrong, but that end dialogue gave me that idea. /END SPOILER. Other than that, the zone is pretty small so far and not very interesting. Already people are farming Silky Sand and those pieces of dirt and I would guess that's indicative of the reward structure we're going to see during season #2 (that is, farming/grinding, as per usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Re small, we've only got access to part of the zone so far, assume it will gradually open up in coming weeks.
    Is this confirmed? I agree that it looks that way.

indeed, but baffled as why they are treating the map in an episodic fashion apart from throttling peoples progression and drip feeding content over a number of weeks, considering how long this has been in the offing.

This is their entire philosophy -- episodic content rather than big content dumps, in order to get people logging in regularly. This is a necessity for a buy2play game because they need to keep gemstore sales up since there's no expansion revenue.

Which is fine if it works, but I'm yet to be convinced that doing it this way can yield the same volume of content as releasing an expansion. With an expansion cycles you get perhaps eight to ten new zones every two years? That's at least one every three months if you're releasing them episodically, and I can't see them keeping that pace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://i.imgur.com/hpKSgJr.png is size of zone axcording to reddit. Same size as Brisban.
    some folk have somehow broken outside barrier and seen some interesting stuff. Spoilers / pictures on reddit.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Sorry to be *that guy*, but it's quite clearly only half the size of Brisban

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Same height as Brisban, half the area, and given the z axis complexity would take 4 times as much effort to build a rail simulation of

Make it happen Saph, chop chop!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I've enjoyed it so far, I thought the story was well written and presented, our friends actually help instead of just dying, and there is plenty to explore.
    Sure there will be plenty of people who have already completed all the achievements and are now collecting sand for RNG, but for the rest of us there is still a lot to do.

in terms of new maps, Anet said somewhere (speaking about WvW) that it takes about 1 year to create a map so they would need to have had 4 teams working on maps over the course of the last year to push then out at a rate of 1 every 3 months.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Same height as Brisban, half the area, and given the z axis complexity would take 4 times as much effort to build a rail simulation of
    Ohara wins

in terms of new maps, Anet said somewhere (speaking about WvW) that it takes about 1 year to create a map so they would need to have had 4 teams working on maps over the course of the last year to push then out at a rate of 1 every 3 months.
    I'm quite sure this was a WvW-specific comment -- no way it took the equivalent of 26 years to create Tyria, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I'm quite sure this was a WvW-specific comment -- no way it took the equivalent of 26 years to create Tyria, surely.
    it may be, but that just means it is even easier to create the maps - bearing in mind that some of that time will be for testing the teams wouldn't all need to be focused on the same thing.

Via reddit, some background information about an NPC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I'm assuming (with no game programming experience since messing about on my spectrum in the 80s) this is due to the complexity of the process, not that it occupies a team full time for a year - design, graphics, , sound, events, testing, QC, debugging and various bits of programming at all stages are not activities that can all take place at the same time, and it may well take best part of a year from beginning to end, but we can have a number of zones in progress at the same time. Hopefully. My guess is that Living World 2 will have 3 or so new zones. Somewhere very jungley would make sense to encounter Mondremoth - the Falls, perhaps, as this was the deepest bit of Jungle we found in GW1:
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Maguuma_Jungle/Map.
    The Falls is also the only bit that is green and jungly on the GW2 map: http://gw2cartographers.com/
    To tie in to the whole Sylvari / Pale tree story in GW2 then Ventari's refuge would be an interesting place to encounter also, which is on the way. Alternatively going north to bloodstone fen would be of interest. I want to see what remains of the white mantle. My guess is we will either go north or west but not both, so hopefully 2 more zones, but maybe just one...

How is the content in Dry Top after the 'personal story' stuff? Worth hanging around the new zone for a while? I notice some redditors praising some of the champ mechanics.

Not sure, haven't explored the entire zone yet. The Hylek makes people moan/clap their hands, so I guess I need to check that one out at least.

In other news: Portal to the top! Portal service to the goggles available tonight!

I'll try to make it to the diving goggles tonight on my Mesmer, let's say at around 8pm. If any jumping impared (or lazy, both is fine) person would like a ride from the top of the JP to the very top, I'll announce my successful ascension in guild chat. It would be very handy if someone else would come on her/his Mesmer as well, since that would allow us to span the whole JP. Bonus points (and a secret prize) if you stay around for a while (say, 30 minutes or so) so that a sufficient number of people have a chance to get the achievement.

See you tonight (from above)!
    Last edited by Squiz; 02-07-2014 at 04:58 PM.

damnit, I didn't even know there was a very top.

so as we are gathering for guild zerg around the area from 8pm (BST) perhaps you can coincide your ascent with that?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    damnit, I didn't even know there was a very top.

so as we are gathering for guild zerg around the area from 8pm (BST) perhaps you can coincide your ascent with that?
    Sure, I can do that. I'll update my previous post.

Network Hub
    Champs are nothing special tbh bit more movement required than normal but beyond that.....
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: RNC100
    Wildstar: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100 1317