Page 182 of 214 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4278
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Well, luck eh - just got Storm from the champ in the 3 person bandit squad in brisban... straight on the tp.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Well, luck eh - just got Storm from the champ in the 3 person bandit squad in brisban... straight on the tp.
    but but you are already filthy rich!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    but but you are already filthy rich!
    I was down to 200 gold!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Poor monkey, only as rich as us filthy plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Congratulations Monkey, for beating the RNG. It's moments like these that keep thousands of players hoping for their lucky day to arrive. Also, there hasn't been a better moment to sell Precursor drops on the TP. Now you can afford yet another armor set from the gemstore.
    Forum janitor in training.

Obscure Node
    When I hear stories like this i'm all for communism. Gibbe dat money!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I wonder if they're going turn off all waypoints. It will be really fun walking all the way from LA to Arah.

The irrational optimist in me is wondering if in the course of this LS season, WPs might be replaced by other, free, means of travelling.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I wonder if they're going turn off all waypoints. It will be really fun walking all the way from LA to Arah.
    Alternatively: "Swimming, swimming, swimming, all summer long..."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...bane_has_this/

I just checked and it is indeed trashed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I expect they'll trash several, but you'll still be able to WP to several points within a zone, probably more limited in LS-related areas. Seems unlikely they'd derail dungeons/world bosses by making these significantly harder to WP to - backlash with no benefit
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    They're going to put in fixed griffon travel routes from zone to zone so you can enjoy the scenery.

Edit: It's spelled 'griffin', but let's leave the way I wrote it.
    Edit: It's also spelled griffon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    And also 'gryphon'.

They'll surely break a few waypoints, which is a nice touch, but unless it actually causes any inconvenience it hardly seems worth it. (Obviously breaking them all would be a ridiculous idea)

Edit: ambrite weapons inc http://www.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/256158
    http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34721
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    New hairstyles too!

I do hope the vines continue to spread throughout season 2. Adhering to leylines will stop them from completely wiping a zone's WPs regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Seems unlikely they'd derail dungeons/world bosses by making these significantly harder to WP to - backlash with no benefit
    They already break enough things every patch without even trying, let's hope they're not going to demolish even more intentionally.

To be honest having a massive 2-3 day event that takes out the whole WP system and requires stranded players to work together to restore "service" would be freaking cool.

You could still get to LA and major cities via the mists or WvW so it wouldn't be that horrible. But I can see a lot of butthurt players that don't want that sort of immersion.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Ha, immersion he says. I realize you included the "butthurt" as a joke but I kind of wish you didn't. Here's a bit of personal opinion (I'm possibly going a bit off on a tangent):

This game has many many many problems, but lack of immersion is not one of them (in my opinion). A lot of the criticism uttered is justified, some if ain't.

This game is stuck in the weird place between a free-to-play (i.e., constant gemstore spam and slow progress regarding bugs and class balance) and a finished, paid-for product (60 EUR price tag at launch, additional content freely available to all players). This makes it really difficult to tell apart what expectactions of the playerbase are realistic and what criticism is justified on the one hand and how much leeway the developers should receive with trying to make money without daring to reach for other solutions, like paid expansions, on the other hand. Obviously, the official forum is full of awful people (at which the "butthurt" was probably aimed) but still it should be possible to express disappointment when it is justified.

While I appreciate the effort put into the game after launch, I've become more and more cynical about the state of the game over the course of the past year and honestly don't believe that the direction the game is currently going into will solve any of the issues I am having with it in the long run.

I agree with you. The butthurt was aimed at the same kind of people like the ones that raged on the 1st of April when everyone was forced to live for one day as a bobblehead.

I can only imagine the craziness and self-entitlement rage when they'd find themselves unable to waypoint for their next champ or something I would savor that like a good glass of whisky.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Hearing how dire the "support" and bugfixing have been for sub-based Elder Scrolls Online does make me count my blessings for GW2 a little.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Hehe, I need to check the ESO reddit asap.

Edit: Most relevant aspect of yesterday's patch:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...al_alchemoose/
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-07-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Also relevant:

Festival Rewards Vendors and Sovereign Weapon Vendors have temporarily returned for players to spend their remaining Festival Tokens and Favors of the Festival. They are stationed at the Grand Plaza in Lion’s Arch and by the Crown Pavilion waypoint in Divinity’s Reach.
    Thank god, I still had 8 stacks of this stuff.