Page 184 of 206 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4115
    Mesmer was by far my favourite class in GW1, but the little I've tried in GW2 looked totally different, mechanically-wise, and the phantom mechanics a bit meh (they disappear when your target dies? So they behave likea high maintenance DOT?). Elementalists seem a bit too maintenance-intensive too, having to remember all the skills for the 4 attunements and having to switch around all the time while you still keep an eye on what's going on...

I guess I would try mesmer just because they seem the most demanded class on guild events.

By the way, is 100% map completion common?

Map completion...not sure I say it was "common" but it's not "uncommon" lol.

What % of players would everyone guess has 100% map completion...30% 40%, higher/lower?
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dont think it fair to say Eles aren't versatile, Squiz. The camping fire staff ele is dull and quite spammy (25111211121152111...) (but effective), but D/F or S/x can be very versatile if you put enough in arcane to swap attunements frequently or go fresh air. Main issue is inability to change weapons in combat makes swapping roles on the fly a little harder.
    Engi is fun, although you might want to try a light or heavy profession for different armour options
    The only demand for mesmers on guild events is for portals and that is only for puzzles. 2 is sufficient so choose mes if you enjoy the play not for guild events. I found Mes the worst of all 8 classes to level.

I wouldn't say 100% is common across the entire player base, more so I guess across those who have been playing a long time. It's still a huge achievement though.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Per account is likely high for people with over a year plus. Per overall alt numbers, likely really low. That I have almost 2/3 of my alts with 100% will be quite rare.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Eles in WvW are all about the staff, but I don't use it at all in PvE outside of world bosses. In dungeons I prefer S/F, for levelling I always had some combination of S/D/F instead, with conjured weapons for some more variety. The worst part about PvE ele is underwater combat, where all your interesting utility and elite skills don't work.

I just wrote a longer post about Mesmers and Eles and then accidentally closed the tab before posting. So here's the short version: Mesmers aren't what they used to be, interrupts/shutdown only (if at all) work in PvP, where Mesmers have a very weak position atm. Eles in PvE are all about staff, S/x could work but will be much slower, in WvW it's all about D/D, S/D, Staff in zergs. Sad state of affairs, etc., go with what you like best after playing a round of PvP where you have access to all the traits and such. Mesmer leveling picks up after ~level 40, which isn't hard to reach with a level 20 scroll + cooking + map completions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Eles in PvE are all about staff
    Not only Staff. Staff gives consistent good DPS and constant fire fields with no complex rotations, but little might. For me the builds with more blast finishers are more interesting - LH is 10% lower max DPS, D/F maybe 10% lower than that but still competitive with other classes and boosted up by the extra might in both cases.
    Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1883199869
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Not only Staff. Staff gives consistent good DPS and constant fire fields with no complex rotations, but little might.
    Obviously, 2 Eles would be better, 1 for fire fields, 1 for LH. Let's hope other classes contribute some blast finishers as well, even Eles can't do all the jobs by themselves.

One thing I generally hear when going around with people is jokes about needing more rangers. Are rangers good or bad? (PvE, WvW).

They're fun. That's all you need to know. :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    They have pets, bring a poop bag with you at all times
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    One thing I generally hear when going around with people is jokes about needing more rangers. Are rangers good or bad? (PvE, WvW).
    they're the best class ever, at everything.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I'll buy 3 then. I like Pok´´emon.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    they're the best class ever, at everything.
    certainly for being sworn at or laughed at.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

One thing we found out yesterday trying to redo Concordia and other achievements form the LS is that if you don't have the DPS you don't even want to try, it's quite silly really. Specially when you realise that you cannot switch characters unless you redo the entire episodes over again and then retry for the chievos with that new avatar. Thanks Anet. Yargh rage quit and I don't blame him.
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 25-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    One thing we found out yesterday trying to redo Concordia and other achievements form the LS is that if you don't have the DPS you don't even want to try, it's quite silly really. Specially when you realise that you cannot switch characters unless you redo the entire episodes over again and then retry for the chievos with that new avatar. Thanks Anet. Yargh rage quit and I don't blame him.
    The one cheevo for entanglement i still need is killing them without the laser etc. but that will be better with a group. Happy to assist with concordia later if you both want it too. Hit my 7.5k large cheevo chest last night with them. Nice!

Network Hub
    killing the Azura without using Scarlet's toys is easy enough with more than one person, it doesn't matter if you die trying either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    killing the Azura without using Scarlet's toys is easy enough with more than one person, it doesn't matter if you die trying either.
    YUp and dying we did!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They're fixing the last Concordia achievement on Tuesday, so night be worth waiting till then

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Upcoming balance changes: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...anger_changes/

The blast finisher on flamethrower could make it a situational replacement for bomb kit in dungeons.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 25-07-2014 at 09:38 PM.