Page 24 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsy View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are region locked.
    Grumbegrumble, alright. It's not just, etc.. I guess I'll have to make tons of gold then (and in the game) to pay for my last character slot.

Thanks Lippsy!

Activated Node
    Now that I've gotten my ranger to level 30 I'm already thinking about what I want my next toon to be. I know I want to roll a mesmer but I cant decide on race. Any suggestions?

When ever you find your self asking this question remember there is a local Asuran Cerebral Cortex Realignment Station around every corner. The answer to this question is 10 times out of 10 to roll an Asura. These numbers are of course rounded up so there is a 0.0045% chance that another race could be better. But why play a booka when you can play an Asura?

Having just deleted my Mesmer last night due to lack of enjoyment, I am probably not the person to listen to when it comes to questions about that class.

But! Ask yourself a couple of questions:

Do you care about the looks of your character? Maybe you want to check some armor galleries or else you might get stuck with a silly looking robe or dress (in case you don't want to buy fine transmutation stones).

Do you care about the racial skills? The Asuran Pain Inverter is a pretty fun thing to use in WvW I hear, but so is Become the Snow Leopard's invisibility.

But the most important question for me would be if the character "feeeeels right", ya know? Your toon doesn't have to be the best looking or most powerful being on Tyria, if you can instead have a big, fat, dark skinned and bald Norn run around in pink and purple clothes. Oh Mojo, I miss you already...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I like the asura but squirrelfanatic is right, unless you have a specific image in mind you may be disappointed with your appearance at the end of the day.

I've had two asura since launch, my thief I really like and intend to keep (especially since her shortbow is now a slongshot after a Wintersday reward) but my fighter I've left on the bench. I dislike my prospects for heavy armour - my favourite armour class in the game - which on the little guys are mostly not to my tastes. But more than that, the asura fighter attack animations which don't fit with me like they used to.

I'm pretty sure I'll eventually delete and replace him with a fighting norn (yes, again!) or tengu/other-future-sixth-race (if they look good in heavy armour).

Yes, I'm utterly shallow.

And a nornophile.

Activated Node
    Really wish I could make a male Norn without it having to look like a Gears of War character. Leaning towards either Asura or Norn at the moment.

Activated Node
    Can't bond with a charr. Asura for the win!

Just a small heads-up. If you use the guild bank for purposes other than short time storage of your own goods (which you probably shouldn't do) or donations to the guild, for example if you don't feel comfortable sending people money via mail or exchanging rare crafting materials, the guild bank log might look funny to others.

Lately there were two cases where a) a guildy helped me out with crafting exotic armor (ectos were included in the trade; edit: could also be that I bought them off of that person to save him or her the TP fees) and b) I gave someone money back from a vault he accidentally put in and was not able to withdraw from again (I also later put in 72c I had in my pocket before removing a character). Looking at the bank log alone these transactions must seem pretty odd. Therefore, please be mindful about this stuff to avoid misunderstandings.
    Last edited by Squiz; 13-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Activated Node
    Does anyone happen to know of any guilds on GH that operate on NA hours? Things tend to get a bit lonely at the later hours over here, and I'm sure a NA focused guild could do some good night capping in WvW.
    Last edited by footlingsummers; 15-02-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Activated Node
    There's a night time guild; try the community forum (Gunnars-hold.eu) for details.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    mfc.jpg

So I guess at least one of my long-term investments is going to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    So I guess at least one of my long-term investments is going to pay off.
    Hehe, congrats on that. How much did it cost you back then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Well I haven't sold it yet. It cost me about 7 gold or so when I bought one just before the chest recipe was deactivated. Should have gotten more!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    A word to the wise. This is worth looking at:
    http://eggbaron.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...revisited.html

The short version: you can make money out of those spare skill points you have laying around. Just don't go telling everyone. :P
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Looks like the market closed up already. Great number crunching and insight though.

Looks to me like there's still an money-making opportunity for promoting T1 mats to T2.

If you reeeeeally don't care about your skillpoints, you could also try your luck with some of the Mystic Forge weapon recipes. Some of them sell for a pretty nice sum. You can always buy back those Mystic Coins from the TP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yeah there are some nice exotic weapons out there with 100% guaranteed recipes. I threw a bunch of skill points and other things into the forge for the appropriately norn-y Ambrosia focus for my norn elementalist.

News:
    -- AC bosses have been completely redesigned for February patch
    -- Guild missions will take place in Southsun Cove :-|
    -- Orange swords in WvW won't show if there are less than ~25 people after February's update
    -- Modifications to the commander book are coming

Source: https://twitter.com/DragonSeasonCom