Page 31 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I do wish I had spent more time making money when gem prices were low; they would have been a great investment around the begining of the month.

Time limiited stuff is annoying but I do suspect that they will put it back at a later date, just with different skins available. Don't know if that will make it any less annoying though.

Here's hoping the F&F update gets rid of those annoying sonic tower things.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    New dungeon has been designed to make skipping as difficult as possible:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1884206

That's good, so long as the trash isn't akin to TA knights or something.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

TA knights make me cry, and that's counting the fact that I have two stability buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    That's good,...
    I was about to question your sanity here...
    ... so long as the trash isn't akin to TA knights or something.
    ... but in the end you got it right. That dungeon could be interesting, but I won't be getting my hopes too high, concidering how aweful and un-fun the recent additions of enemies have been. Ranged knock-downs as regular attacks (rifle dudes) and temporary invulnerability (fire field thingies) to drag out fights, I'll stay away from that as much as possible.

Almost every new enemy they've added since launch has been insane. To take just two: Reef Drakes (enjoy your 25 stacks of confusion from a single enemy), Princess Dolls (perma-retaliation, regeneration, and several other perma-buffs? Sounds like fun!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Almost every new enemy they've added since launch has been insane. To take just two: Reef Drakes (enjoy your 25 stacks of confusion from a single enemy), Princess Dolls (perma-retaliation, regeneration, and several other perma-buffs? Sounds like fun!)
    Can you steal those buffs? Change confusion to something useful?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Sure, Reef Drakes can be dealt with, but they're still a little OTT for standard area trash, even in a lv 80 area. The princess dolls were trouble because they would spawn in groups of ~4 even in lowbie areas, and reapply their boons liberally. But they are gone now, thankfully ... *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post

Time limiited stuff is annoying but I do suspect that they will put it back at a later date, just with different skins available. Don't know if that will make it any less annoying though.
    They can always condense it and add it to the fractals, so the framework for re-introducing stuff is already in place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I knew there would be a temporary dungeon.

Now, ArenaNet hasn't had any layoffs after release so surely the rest of those 300+ people are hard at work on new zones, fractals and dungeons that are here to stay, right? Or is it all desperate attempts at eSports and temporary content to force people to log in for a couple of days every month?

Also nobody likes guild treks.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Let's hope that Arenanet is done with adding random number generator dependent items to the gem store for a while. I mean, imagine someone bought some of those ice & flame dye packs with real money, only to find out that they were out of luck and didn't get a single guaranteed new dye.
    No, because it makes a crazy amount of money. Have you played a mobile game recently? It's all gacha mechanics everywhere.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 24-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Network Hub
    does this picture mean we're getting jetpacks for the F&F dungeon?

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net...n_screen-5.jpg

The back banners look ok. I would have preferred the full on Sashimono banner look but I guess sticking it on a pole would have messed with the character's hitbox or something.

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net...n_screen-1.jpg
    Last edited by Yargh; 24-04-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    looks like they've been stabbed in the back.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Yargh: hitbox has nothing to do with the character. An Asura and Norn have the exact same hitbox.

I quite like that we'll be able to display the guild icon without using any of the terrible guild armor or weapons.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuji View Post
    Yargh: hitbox has nothing to do with the character. An Asura and Norn have the exact same hitbox.
    then I want the banners to be on 2m poles, not behind the character.

(picturing an Asura with a 2m banner affixed to its back: chuckles)

To me they look like portable store signs. "Hey Mister, would you like to buy a sausage shaped like an endless bear? I still have precisely one left!" *trips and falls over while rummaging through his vendor's try*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    There will be a new State of the Game tomorrow. I expect might duration decreases and we will all be sad.

In other news I have decided chasing a legendary is a waste of my time and having no gold to spend significantly diminishes my enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 25-04-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Good to hear it, Malawi. My personal attitude towards Legendaries is that the precursor weapons are too expensive to buy and the chance of getting one from the Mystic Forge is too low / I am too poor to gamble for one. Therefore, I shall take whichever precursor weapon might be granted to me by the gods of chance any day now... any day... and make it my quest to turn it into a Legendary item, no matter of what type that item might be.

Well, if you want Kraitkin, you can have the precursor today for 26 gold! It's a properly nice weapon (for a necro at least), but I'm not sure I could justify all that money and effort on an underwater legendary.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    If the actual staff was like the Kraitkin instead of a carebear rainbow stick that'd be nice.

We could certainly do with another option for each legendary slot as some of the existing ones look like april fools jokes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think I have a similar view on legendaries to squirrel. The karma/medals/dungeon token/skill point requirements are achievable through ordinary play, but the precursor and 8x250 T6 mats are a huge stretch without excessive good luck, TP flipping or endless grinding for gold. I'm already playing an unhealthy amount considering RL demands of work/marriage/parenthood. Still - it's good to have a (very) long term goal...

GW2: Ohara Scarlett