Page 43 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    But they separated sPvP traits and skills from the rest of the game so what's the problem really? They can balance them independently.

Don't tell me WvW because that's not supposed to be "fair" anyway 1v1 or low-scale.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    More information: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/u...trait-changes/

With the introduction of Tainted Shackles, we’ll also be adding a new condition to the game: Torment. This condition is designed to play around with movement, one of our fundamental combat mechanics. Enemies under Torment will take damage periodically; as they move, they’ll take even more damage.
    Oh I knew it.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 20-06-2013 at 07:03 PM.

So they're giving the most mobile class in the game an anti-mobility condition? I think I'll remain sceptical. (Also, don't thieves already have a ton of conditions? Why do they need to be more diverse?)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I reckon the thinking with thieves is as follows. Anet have been unashamed in admitting that they want the thief to have the best mobility of any class. So it makes sense that a new mobility-assisting condition would be given to them too. Also a lot depends on where thieves have access to Torment. It might be on something lesser used like traps or P/P, which wouldn't be too objectionable. If it's on daggers, of course, that's a recipe for OP-ness.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    "Leaked" patchnotes: http://pastebin.com/2rrFg9pS

Network Hub
    So in the Events thread Krathor in his concluding remarks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Talking of WvWvW events, we really need to organise a camp in the lake in a middle of a Borderlands with hylek potions!
    And I totally agree with that - and even more so, because the Quaggan in Gendarran Fields sell POTIONS THAT TURN YOU INTO A JELLYFISH

gw450.jpg

Transmutation Crystals, name change, and makeover kits are 20% off. Of course gold>gems looks like spiking too, but if you had some gems lying around, these are decent deals.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quick sneaky WFH run through to finish lornars pass - conf calls while beating up steam minotaurs ftw!

Transmutation crystals I need quite a few. It's a good thing the gold/gem the past few days was good enough that I stocked on some gems. Those haven't dropped for months!
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 21-06-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    "Leaked" patchnotes: http://pastebin.com/2rrFg9pS
    And every Ranger sighed. Guess I will go play Mesmer and Elementalist some more.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

The pet damage thing is clearly annoying, though it's not a surprise given their earlier comments. But I would have thought a slight range nerf plus a slight damage buff was a pretty good trade-off for shortbow. Having played very little ranger I can't really speak to the trait changes.

I will re-evaluate my 'serker stats when it hits and I can see what path i still wish to throw my cannon down... Can imagine Yaargh will have a few things to say of his beloved mesmer...

The thing is that the damage was only buffed on the utility skills that deal very little damage anyway, but not on the autoattack. As much as I like getting a pull on offhand axe, which will be tons of fun in WvW (but definitely still worse than horn), I already dread more condition spam. I still haven't figured out how to really do anything against conditions, now I can see thieves just killing me without problems due to torment and my pet not dealing any damage.
    Combined with the fact that I don't feel like I can contribute much to a zerg besides a water field and barrage, I just can't see any situation where my ranger would be better than my ele or my mesmer.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

One surprising thing about the leaked patch notes is that -- as far as I can remember -- they including no splitting of skill capabilities between PvP and PvE. I guess I had expected more of this to be necessary to balance properly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Surprising, Saph? Disappointing, yes, but as I don't recall them doing this in any other patch so far either to an appreciable extent, despite them claiming they are/can be separated I'm not surprised.
    If leak is true, some of the stun break changes mean I'll need to play around with my Ele build. I'll play about with the necro and engi changes a bit, look promising. I'll still have too poor coordination to play thief properly, even with new condition. My zerky warrior will live to brave Arah another day - shame they tweaked axe just after I shelled out for a new one, but the changes might mean I stick in I a bit longer rather than switching back to GS as soon as its off cooldown. Will need to revise my traits after both heightened focus and berserkers power moved to grandmaster though...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

For warrior, it's not axe that's the problem -- they just moved more of the damage to the third attack in the chain, and offhand was buffed -- but the changes to Heightened Focus and Berserker's Power will require some serious retraiting for most warriors.

T'will be interesting to work out what I want to do with the stats... I can imagine the bean counting excel nerdlings whose entire macro code will have to be rewritten to cope with the changes! THE HORROR!

That said I can see why saph is always in the tp - the joys of asking for stuff lower than people are selling at its alarmingly compulsive TO MAKE A BARGAIN!

Bought some sigils n runes

You two "happen" to run into each other a lot in there, aren't you?

Wut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvbcmNKDJ4

I didn't think that reflection worked on Malrona. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    You two "happen" to run into each other a lot in there, aren't you?
    That is an OUTRAGEOUS accusation but annoyingly accurate... it is purely coincidence that I had to hand some armour back to him too.