Page 48 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar
    Thank you very much Squirrel for your kind words about the blog!

As for the current discussion topic of the Living Story: Bugger it. I'm just farming that stuff for achievement points and nice loot. I don't give a toss about the story arcs because I know that they're completely unable to do anything major with the temporary content. I think I would be more inclined to stay on top of it if it was actually more interesting and lore-relevant, but right now it's just a bit 'lol pirates and airships are kewl!'. If you're busy and you have an active guild that actually does things (like [RPS]) then it's hard to justify spending the extra time keeping up with the Living Story.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    They need better story tellers for sure as some of it seems to be written by a child or rather a person who thinks that's what adults want - either way dum.
    Tbh the single that keeps me coming back and will always are the people and banter you can get with them on mumble. Once I get 100% with le norn I'm unlikely to bother with another alt as I will have done it all. That said I was pondering a necro the other day as that would farthest to go from an in your face glass cannon.
    But mumble can save a dull grind every day - push to talk can be *good* to stop coughs etc but actually more often than not its the random noises or banter as Yaargh across the rooms steals more cake but you can hear on tweets comms that make it more funny. Heavy breathing from the right person can be good too
    Even f you can't always speak back due to kids etc, knowing whats being bantered about allows for cutting rps chat comments that are good too.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Got to second Monkey's statement about Mumble. It's absolutely ace talking to you guys (and hopefully will help my limited active English vocabulary to grow some more). Sadly, either the Mumble server or my connection is having some wobbly moments from time to time. Actually, connection quality has been p**s poor lately.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    The RPS mumble server has been falling over repeatedly lately, moving over to the gunnars hold server seems to fix these issues.

There's also the general RPS server used for many other games that could be used if needed.

and yes, I wouldn't keep playing if you guys weren't so awesome :]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    All this brought a tear to my eye and brightened my afternoon at work!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    All this brought a tear to my eye and brightened my afternoon at work!
    AND you get to mighty and mysterious monkey monster IN REAL LIFE tomorrow too - what could possibly compare to such awsomeness!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    AND you get to mighty and mysterious monkey monster IN REAL LIFE tomorrow too - what could possibly compare to such awsomeness!
    I fear for Tweetiti's sanity. Luckily, Yargh will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I fear for Tweetiti's sanity. Luckily, Yargh will be there.
    I somehow doubt that'll be enough. Lets hope they survive to fight another day (when more of us can make it)
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I somehow doubt that'll be enough. Lets hope they survive to fight another day (when more of us can make it)
    I'm appreciating the faith in me thank you chaps and chapesses... FIENDS!

Don't worry Monkey I have faith in you! It might all change after tomorrow though so watch this space
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

You guys, you guys, check this out!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-2-war-stories!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It's genius. Now we will spend all our time grinding achievements instead of complaining about having nothing to do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    so... no 2h axe ? Fuck this...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    If they really think that the game might never have an expansion, then they must also think that the Living Story updates could eventually deliver something beyond mere fluff. They've yet to prove they can do that on such a short cycle yet, but they do seem to be getting better, so perhaps it's not a vain hope.

If they really could pull it off -- introducing new story, zones, skills, dungeons, etc gradually rather than in a huge chunk once every 18 months -- it would be very impressive. But if it ends up being twenty annual updates of Secret of Southsun magnitude, I think we'll tire of that pretty soon. Still, they have to know that by the end of the year people will be itching for expansion-style content, so I *hope* they've anticipated this...
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 04-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Who cares about that, I want my 2h axe :/ Once it would be out, I'd drop all my chars and raise one, that would have most fun abilities on the axe as my main.

I'll need to go complain on official forums about that :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    This post is a little less bullish than Zadorojny was: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...erview/2343665
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Updated the story telling thread. Prices will be available for anyone contributing.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    More weapons for every class would be a good thing, as well as at least 1 more utility skill per type for every class (so guardians get a new signet, new shout, etc.) and ~3+ new elites per class.

But yeah, I feel that the 2h axe and crossbow should head our way at some point.