Page 49 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    crossbow... hmmmm could be interesting. Higher range but frequency loss.

I do want the two handed axe and tbh a naginata would be awesome. Animation would be a bugger.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Yeah something like a polearm/poleaxe etc would be awesome (even better from my pov than an axe).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    crossbow... hmmmm could be interesting. Higher range but frequency loss.

I do want the two handed axe and tbh a naginata would be awesome. Animation would be a bugger.
    Just this morning I read, that max range that won't break a game would be 1500 units, so I'm guessing more damage related than range.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I honestly wonder what happened to Arenanet's team between Guild Wars 1 and 2. As much as I even enjoy the living story stuff (and I really do), they must be delusional if they believe this replaces expansions. Not only because of new zones, quests, etc. but also because of new skills and new ways to build your character. So far, build diversity has mainly changed because of things getting nerfed into oblivion, and I don't think that's the way to go in the long run.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Just this morning I read, that max range that won't break a game would be 1500 units, so I'm guessing more damage related than range.
    Hmm, this is where i'd like a level of realism realised by the dev team... so perhaps a special shot that can go much further but cooldown is quite monstrous perhaps. It's what crossbows were good at - but then as you say, power instead of distance...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    I honestly wonder what happened to Arenanet's team between Guild Wars 1 and 2. As much as I even enjoy the living story stuff (and I really do), they must be delusional if they believe this replaces expansions. Not only because of new zones, quests, etc. but also because of new skills and new ways to build your character. So far, build diversity has mainly changed because of things getting nerfed into oblivion, and I don't think that's the way to go in the long run.
    Only thing, I hope I can guess, since living story is made by a fraction of dev team, they still can continue working on other stuff.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

About max range and stuff: Anything longer than 1500 units is useless, people can see the shots coming from miles away and will just strafe. There is a reason that until recently no Ranger used longbow, your shots would simple be sidestepped. Projectile velocity has been increase recently as far as I know, but imagine the speed a >1500 unit range weapon would require to make it useful.

Also, as it is right now - at least for PvP - there is a definite trend away from power damage towards condition damage, since it is much easier to keep pressure up with that, just look at Warriors. A power-based ranged weapon with long range already exists and it is still underused (although it does have a role in providing utility with vulnerability, cripple, and knockback). Range isn't everything which is also a reason I can only scratch my head when I hear people complain about Shortbow range getting reduced. So what? You are supposed to flank and outposition your enemy to begin with, so you better stay in mid-range.

Concerning expansions: If I understood it right Anet is planning to expand the world step by step and not with a big - paywalled - boom. Hopefully this means that they will step away from the meaningless fair-like events they are introducing now (which are more in the spirit of GW1's seasonal festivals) and start introducing events or just plain expansions that are permanent and really shape the world without leaving nothing but a bad taste in your mouth after they've passed.

/rantover

Network Hub
    This raises a question - would we need eventually buy some of this living story content via gem store or something similar? Because expansions were quite a significant income source in GW2, were they not? I seriously doubt that Gem store is generating revenue big enough to provide for "all teh moneiz" they would get from selling standalone expansions.
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Just today I've read somewhere that the microtansactions/gemstore stuff is generating enough income to keep it profitable. But I cannot remember where that was... Definitely wouldn't pay (neither with real money nor gems) for Living Story content of the kind we're seeing at the moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    By the time you take out retailer/distribution cuts and the fact that not all of the player base will pay it, a 20 expansion may not make as much as we might think. In contrast they get 100% of all gem store sales, and the AAA market has been turned on its head recently by free to play and the app store
    I guess different people will pay for diffent things - some will gamble real money for the chance of virtual items. Some will buy skins/cosmetics, some convenience items. Some will buy gems to exchange for gold (they have to be doing this, as otherwise the gem price would rocket due to low supply) - it's not quite pay2win as benefits are mainly cosmetic, but it could be pay2legendary. I've bought the pick/axe/sickle and witches costume - mainly convenience with a touch of cosmetic.
    My only real complaint is that the only permanent update content to date is southsun and fractals, plus a few JPs, and making good content temporary like the last 2 dungeons is driving me crazy
    TLDR - I dont mind if content comes out in living story or expansions, I just want to be able to play it when I want, and ANet knwo better than me how to make money out of MMOs
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Hah, they have struck serious gold with the gem store tbh - they will be making buckets out of the game whales. There is SO much "nice" stuff to be bought because so few people are willing to grind - and the sheer numbers of people with the desired item displayed means they will want it the more [quicker]

After realising that the Dragon Festival and Skypirates content is going to phase out pretty soon, I am planning to get a couple more achievement points out of these Living Story... episodes (I guess that would be a good description for them, if the Living Story content was in some way coherent). I still need all of those cache things and will also probably try to get some of the other story related achievements (got most of the Dragon Festival ones, I guess the Skypirate achievements would require me to beat the Dungeon), so if anyone fancies coming along, feel free to do so.

Network Hub
    I need one more achievement for the Skypirates mini, so I'd be up for another dungeon run. And though I already have the caches, I'm always willing to do some PvE/exploration.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    We have 210 guild merits and we'll max out at 250 again after tomorrow's missions. We should think about what to spend them on soon...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Sadly, there are few sensible options. Banners maybe? Reduced costs for waypointing and repairs sounds nice, but the merit costs are much too high I reckon.

Guild Heroes banner sounds like a good thing to have for events. And we could pop the reduced WP costs during the weekend.

I don't see the issue of too high a merit cost really, when the alternative is to cap them at 250 and just waste the rest. If ArenaNet announce a patch with new guild content then we can make sure we are there with 250, but otherwise, burn it.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Another vote here for burning it here - what else are we going to spend it on?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We ought to spend it on something. Heroes banner for guild events and reduced WP costs for weekends are good. Maybe reduced repair costs on WvW/Arah/fractal days?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    ANyone interested in doing a trip to orr from LA to get the rebreather lvl80 with me and Yargh today?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

I'll join on my ele, sounds great! When are you planning it?