Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    I'm a bit annoyed at the teleporting costs. It's affecting the way I play and actually making me skip some social gaming. Not really somehting you'd want in a suppousedly social game.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Yeah, we need to decide on logo.

Thematically its a bear (which is what it is at the moment)
    Historically (i.e. the beta weekends) its a unicorn - which was great
    Alternatively there is the happy beaver who could well represent one of the single greatest sigils of all time. When I'm not so lazy I'll do a post about it with images n stuff
    *giggle*

A happy beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Yeah, we need to decide on logo.

Thematically its a bear (which is what it is at the moment)
    Historically (i.e. the beta weekends) its a unicorn - which was great
    Alternatively there is the happy beaver who could well represent one of the single greatest sigils of all time. When I'm not so lazy I'll do a post about it with images n stuff
    Hum... I like all the options.

It's not that I am not lazy but I am not a patient man, so here are emblems I think... Don't have the right colors though.

120px-Guild_emblem_048.png

120px-Guild_emblem_159.png

120px-Guild_emblem_158.png

and here, one of my favourite :
    Guild_emblem_002.png

Oh Shiva, the beaver is beyond awesome!!!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I still vote for the happy octopus with trident, but bear comes in second :]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I'm a bit annoyed at the teleporting costs. It's affecting the way I play and actually making me skip some social gaming. Not really somehting you'd want in a suppousedly social game.
    Are you salvaging your drops instead of selling them? That's one of the biggest mistakes people make in the hopes of finding crafting materials, and it results in many empty bank accounts and grievances with the waypoint system.

In general, sell all weapons, sell all green and blue armor, sell all heavy armor.
    Salvage only light and medium armor.
    Keep yellow and higher to sell to players.

It's not worth salvaging a 1 silver green armor only to get one piece of iron ore. Metal and wood are plentiful, only cloth and leather are rare. The biggest bottleneck in crafting is fine crafting materials anyway.

I just don't find lots of higher priced loot. I've kept a few pieces, but with the trade post down, I can't sell them. It's rather crappy you can't harvest leather and cloth. Metals and woods can be harvested AND salvaged. :/ Thanks for the tip anyway!!

Network Hub
    I just don't find lots of higher priced loot. I've kept a few pieces, but with the trade post down, I can't sell them.
    He's meaning sell them to vendors as trash. Which is the best way to go about it, really, because it gets you a fair amount of cash when you offload an entire inventory's worth. Unless you want the sigil off of a green piece, that is. Then you hit it with a fine or better salvage kit and hope for the best. Otherwise, just salvage light and medium armors and any actual salvage pieces that you come across. Otherwise you're losing money pretty badly.

Mkay, that must be it then, I'll keep a closer eye on the loot. I'm level 25 with a bit over 1 gold, it's not like I'm starving for money at all (I haven't actually bought anything with coins, just karma), but I'm also actively avoiding teleports.

So I have everything for monthly achievement, including survivor, but with one exception - 125 more items to salvage. Not sure if I should push for it (if I even have time) or if I should leave it.

I actually appreciate the costs quite a bit now, as it forces players to explore the world and trigger events. Some of the the best moments in the game for me have come from walking through a couple of points when I could have teleported. It's surprising just how much stuff you can miss otherwise.

sendmark: yes, I don't mind walking around a bit because of that same reason, random events. But oftentimes I just want to go back to town for crafting / repairs and get back to exploring or join someone somewhere.

By getting back to town you are using Mists - Lions Arch - City asura gates, right? For repairs, it's maybe better to just press on and wait for drops/heart rewards. I find the repair costs are simply not worth it given how quickly you can find replacement gear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Hum... I like all the options not that I am not lazy but I am not a patient man, so here are emblems I think... Don't have the right colors though.

...( images)
    I think the bear is perfect (but the octopus is damn cool too).

Sendmark: Mists what? Show up the map and press a waypoint in my home city. If there's a way going to PvP hubs and then to the home city, ANet should simply make regular teleports to town free and save us one loading screen, seriously. About repairs, I don't have that quick a rotation of gear, my stuff stays with me for 2-5 ingame hours, that's a lot of time to play with cracked armour. Or maybe I'm doing that wrong too, wouldn't surprise me right now. I'm kinda annoyed that all these mechanics are so obscure that someone has to explain them on a forum.

Yeah there is a thread on reddit pointing out that it is a bit silly making players go via the Mists, but it's >2 mins to get to any city, so worth saving the money. I guess it's all part of their business model, people who don't want to spend the additional time buy the cash with their gems.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    and here, one of my favourite :
    Guild_emblem_002.png
    That's actually my guild's emblem.

I hope they change that and make porting to town free. I deal with enough bullshit in the real world to pay a game company for the privilege of not wasting my very scarce leisure time. Thank you for the information and references! The best gaming communities I've seen are truly RPS, Gamers with Jobs and Gaming Steve.

Obscure Node
    About selling vs salvaging gear, personally I sell white and blue gear, and I save green gear to stick into the mystic forge in lions arch - managed to get a few useful yellows / oranges from doing that (ok, just the one orange, but the possibility is there!).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicedice View Post
    About selling vs salvaging gear, personally I sell white and blue gear, and I save green gear to stick into the mystic forge in lions arch - managed to get a few useful yellows / oranges from doing that (ok, just the one orange, but the possibility is there!).
    I've not dared touch the mystic forge yet... I should really start doing this.

Haven't tried sticking things into the Mystic Forge yet, but generally, I'll salvage anything that is worth less than 20-30 copper and sell the rest. Mind, I am level 40 at the moment, so that threshold might change in the future when better stuff is starting to drop or if I manage to calculate the cost/reward ratios for salvaging vs. selling directly.
    Forum janitor in training.