Page 54 of 185 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3684
    Oh, that looks neat. I am actually thinking about giving this a go with Rhea, although I would expect some ridiculous looking half-naked human female spellcaster to win the contest, because that's what people like, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    My fashion sense is too singleminded to even think of being interested in competing with others ^^
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thinking about the Fall of Abaddon.
    5 other gods: lyssa, dwayna, Balthazar, grenth, and the one beginning with M
    5 players in a fractal instance
    If we can transform into Charr in the Ascalon fractal...

confirmed we'll have 3 new fractals later in year in same update: molten, aetherblades, and the one we vote on.

vote Evon
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Network Hub
    I hope too we can play as the Gods (Melandru is the sixth, by the way), though I think that's really a best-case scenario. It would be quite the challenge to make Abaddon really interesting lore-wise, more than "Abaddon is evil now we put him in prison." I really want it to be so, but they might not be able or wanting to for a fractal. In that case the Thaumanova-story could be much more interesting since it is only minor lore, so there can be new insights without changing the entire world.*

Also, an Asura in the Chaos Crystal Cavern jumping puzzle reveals that the explosion and all the random creatures teleporting in started with experiments on a crystal from that cavern, which reminds me a bit of the original Half-Life. If they could make a little homage out of it, that'd be great (though perhaps I'm simply seeing connections that aren't there).

* With that I mean that Abaddon is pretty much at the heart of all GW1-events, so changes in his story have implications for all following events.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Abaddon wasn't really evil, he was more a prometheus figure that wanted unrestricted magic use and showed the humanoid races how to use it.

If anything it was his banishment in the realm of torment that corrupted him and his followers into evil things.

Also I like the big events like this having fractals, other really big ones would be the drowning of orr or the fall of dhuum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    It's THE BLOG POST (looking ahead to second half of 2013):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ars-2-in-2013/

Haven't read properly yet but spotted one thing: magic find will no longer be on items. Just an account wide stat. Definitely an improvement.

Edit: also: all crafting disciplines advanced to 500, at which point you'll be able to make ascended weapons and armor. Gulp.

Legendaries will be able to switch stat combos outside combat.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 18-07-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    It's THE BLOG POST (looking ahead to second half of 2013):

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ars-2-in-2013/

Haven't read properly yet but spotted one thing: magic find will no longer be on items. Just an account wide stat. Definitely an improvement.

Edit: also: all crafting disciplines advanced to 500, at which point you'll be able to make ascended weapons and armor. Gulp.
    Ooh, but also the point about ALL champions, not just the api baddies will drop good loot now... So big bashy groups in orr can have shit loads of fun and death and no loot and sad screengrabs
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lots of interesting stuff in there.

New skills! Wooyay! We were just talking about this the other day.

Dungeons: daily bonus for doing a particular path is nice, but doesn't seem to do anything to make the longer and harder paths worth running. But I suppose maybe the champion reward chest will help with this, since there are more champions in longer paths? The daily bonus won't, I suspect, be enough to make farming CoF less viable than doing a range of dungeons. But we might see people doing regular CoF1>>Hotw1>>TA up>>CoE1 daily circle for the bonuses.

Edit: Oh, I missed this: "we’ll vary the amount of gold earned based on difficulty and length of each dungeon path." Byebye CoF1!

WvW: replacement for orbs but no details.

Ascended gear: the main trouble with ascended weapons and armor is this: almost all of the unique skins in the game are tied to exotic stats. There will be (I'm sure) only a few unique skins tied to ascended stats. So almost everybody who wants best-in-slot gear will have to transmute everything they own... Also, as ever with the ascended grinds, pity us altoholics.

Still, if the crafting mat reward thing works well then this could be an engaging new avenue of progression.

Crafting precursors. About time. Again, need to wait to see the details.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 18-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Just a few things that came to my mind while reading the blog entry:

- Overall expansion/rework of content, dungeons, rewards, etc. - Great, better rewards for Champions is good, this part reads a bit like the special weapons you could get from Bosses and other rare enemies in GW1 (Totem Axe, anyone?). Dungeon re-balancing was needed, although I'd rather see new content instead of a change in grind locations. CoF P1 needed a nerf, but it was also one of the few steady sources of income for people interested in grinding.

- Account-bound crafting materials - Uhoh. Daily rewards? Doesn't sound good. There is enough daily "crap" to do in order to get laurels and stuff. The game already has enough of this.

- Living Story - Here we'll have to wait and see if future content will have better writing and/or interesting content apart from "lol, new skins", more permanent content is great!

- New traits and skills - Very welcome if there isn't some kind of stupid unlock system associated with it, I couldn't really tell from the blog post. Hopefully just more things to buy with skillpoints. Regarding traits - those should be unlocked straight away.

- Magic Find rework - Couldn't care less, unless the stat itself changes in effectiveness. It's a good thing that they remove the statline from armor/weapons though. Wonder what will happen with existing MF gear?

- Crafting to 500 - More treadmill, not particularly happy about it, sounds as if the gear tier system will get expanded even further in the future. Time-constraints on crafting stuff from the new tier is also worrysome. Sure, it'll slow the influx of new items into the market, but will prevent new players from catching up. In the end, changes in the in-game market environment have always evoked heavy price fluctuations and more often than not introduced bugs/exploits. Gotta keep them eyes on the TP.

- Forgeable precursors - About time.

- Switchable stats on Legendaries - Nice touch, for those that own/care about Legendaries. Could have a bigger impact now that precursors might be more easily attainable (who am I kidding...).

- WvW/PvP - Haven't read that part in detail, but improvments are also welcome. Hopefully, the devs will work a bit more on polishing the game and fixing the piles of bugs still left in the game before going overboard with "cool" new content.

Bottom line - Nice to see the devs talk about their mid-term plans, sceptical about gear/treadmill changes, annoyed by even more crafting materials/currencies and daily grind/tasks.

Obscure Node
    Plus they have reiterated the promise to implement more permanent changes in relation to the living story. The champion chest stuff sounds good as well as the crafting changes. Can it be really that difficult to chuck out a few new skins every now for new legendaries and weapons and armours in general? I mean they make new skins every few weeks for the living world stuff.

Lastly I assume they must be planning something big for the one year anniversary of the game no?

Quote Originally Posted by riverseo View Post
    Lastly I assume they must be planning something big for the one year anniversary of the game no?
    Most likely, yes. I would expect a mixture of tradeable and account-bound items accompanying whatever event coming up.

On another note: Now that we can be a bit more certain that Arenanet will drain the market of cheap items (silk, Zhaitaffy, leather, etc.), I wonder if people will be more likely to stock up on those. Apart from the current event, how many drains have there been until now? From the top of my head I can only think of the Mystic Forge/butter drain and the removal of the Orichalcum node on Southsun. Fun fact: The introduction of those nonsense kite boxes has reduced the amount of Silk Scrap sell offers on the TP from ~5.36 million to currently ~1.33 million. I guess as long as the underlying drop rate doesn't change, those events will a) not be a permanent solution which means that b) additional drain events will take place in the future.

What are you stocking up on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    - New traits and skills - Very welcome if there isn't some kind of stupid unlock system associated with it, I couldn't really tell from the blog post. Hopefully just more things to buy with skillpoints. Regarding traits - those should be unlocked straight away.
    It seems likely, but also it does mean whenever they add new skills they'll be bought up instantly.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back Signets of Capture for this and making us go out into the world to hunt for them... those were the days!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I like the sounds of most of this, as with squirrel I'm a little skeptical about the additional crafting grind and more daily activities and don't think we need any more ascended gear.

But new skills and traits makes me a happy monkey, the legendary changes sound nice, more talk of permanent content, dungeon reward changes sound good (no talk of dungeon token changes so CoF1 may still be the best, but it wont be the best over and over again), champion rewards and pvp stuff sounds like nice things.

The magic find change should also be nice (I recently had a magic find ascended ring drop so less things like this are good).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thoughts. Champ chests, dungeon revamps, precursors, crafting changes. General thumbs up to these
    Focus on more permanent content in 2h2013 great.
    ascended weapons and armour. Whyohwhyohwhy? I have just about got my 5 l80s in top end gear now, not perfect, but a workable set of gear for a single build for each. I'm working on getting 2 more to 80. To move from 6 ascended pieces (one if which can only be achieved through massive grind) to add a further 8-10 is huge if you run more than one character. Is it just me, or is the hypocrisy of criticising adding new gear tiers every 6 months while announcing exactly that in the same blog post a little brazen?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Speaking as someone who has been on a bit of a break from the game. (Yay more studying)

The patch notes seem to be what I am looking for in the game except . . . ascended gear, and 500 crafting.

They seem like time/money sinks which I suppose they put in for a reason: people have 8 level 80s with maxed out crafting and complete the monthly content rather quickly. But personally I don't think it will be a good fun-to-time thing for more people. Though I am slightly interested in how this will impact fractals — since people might get massive AR — and if there is a decent way to ascend exotic gear it might be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuji View Post
    Though I am slightly interested in how this will impact fractals — since people might get massive AR — and if there is a decent way to ascend exotic gear it might be interesting.
    Speaking of which - I still want to grab the easy kite cheevos. Anyone down for that tonight?

Yes, so long as it includes Forsaken Halls

I haven't done any of them yet, so why not.

Should I be suspicious?

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Thoughts. Champ chests, dungeon revamps, precursors, crafting changes. General thumbs up to these
    Focus on more permanent content in 2h2013 great.
    ascended weapons and armour. Whyohwhyohwhy? I have just about got my 5 l80s in top end gear now, not perfect, but a workable set of gear for a single build for each. I'm working on getting 2 more to 80. To move from 6 ascended pieces (one if which can only be achieved through massive grind) to add a further 8-10 is huge if you run more than one character. Is it just me, or is the hypocrisy of criticising adding new gear tiers every 6 months while announcing exactly that in the same blog post a little brazen?
    But having that many alts is your choice...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It's a good thing ArenaNet are planning to fix the lower-tier crafting material value permanently instead of putting out band-aid fixes in regular intervals. Absolutely necessary change.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 18-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.