Page 55 of 213 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4256
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    OK, wow - that's a quite impressive list.
    Definitely looking forward to the craftable precursor; and crafting to 500 is fine with me - always wondered why they didn't do it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Is it just me, or is the hypocrisy of criticising adding new gear tiers every 6 months while announcing exactly that in the same blog post a little brazen?
    nah, it's just you. Anet did say when they announced Ascended gear that it was a mistake that it wasn't in there from the start. Although all you altoholics out there do have my sympathy. However I do agree that the back items need to be easier to get hold of - ie, be able to craft them.

I am a little worried about how named exotics will fit in, in my opinion they should just become ascended items they are much harder to get that standard exotics anyway; so it seems a shame to penalise people who spent all that time grinding them out.

New skills and traits? that's fine but please, please, please no more currencies. oh, they're going to turn skill points into currency.

The magic find change makes sense but two points: 1. it actually needs to work; 2. they need to let me change my MF gear into any other (equivalent) stat comb I choose - that goes for the ascended infusions too.

so they are changing up the dungeon rewards, that's good but will it be enough to get people to run the longer paths? CoF1 didn't really need nerfing, it just needed Anet to force people to clear the bridge to trigger the next part.

Just one question for me; do I finish getting Howler or do I wait for the new batch of legendaries?
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I share some of the above concerns about the crafting grind for ascended gear, but here's my best shot at devil's advocate.

Currently a player with enough gold can gear up a new character in best-in-slot stats for armor and weapons (not trinkets, note) instantly. (Similarly, someone with enough real-world cash can buy best-in-slot stats instantly for a character via gems). This seems wrong -- you should have to work at least a little for best-in-slot stats. As it stands, this is a missed endgame opportunity.

That's the best I can do.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I strongly disagree, easy acquisition of max-stat gear was a core feature of GW1 and is the fundament of horizontal progression (i.e. sweet skins for people with lots of time/money) which was advertised before launch (quoting Colin Johanson from the Manifesto Trailer "We just don't want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun."). Exotics could have been these maximum-stat items, not too hard to get, but still a bit of investment for people with several alts or different builds for their main character. If this trend continues, I guess more people will be put off of this game.

Well, that seems like a good reply

I guess their problem is this: they can't produce new armor skins at the rate required to keep the horizontal progression interesting for a good length of time. This is proved by the severe lack of new armor we've had since launch (lots of back pieces, a few gloves, etc). The same isn't true for weapon skins, I guess -- but I suppose they don't think that cosmetic progression is enough to keep people coming back. I don't know whether they're right on this or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    So I will be cycling to Paris over 3 days starting tomorrow morning arriving in time for the last stage of Le Tour on sunday evening so adieu for now and catch you all next week!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I strongly disagree, easy acquisition of max-stat gear was a core feature of GW1 and is the fundament of horizontal progression (i.e. sweet skins for people with lots of time/money) which was advertised before launch (quoting Colin Johanson from the Manifesto Trailer "We just don't want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds it fun."). Exotics could have been these maximum-stat items, not too hard to get, but still a bit of investment for people with several alts or different builds for their main character. If this trend continues, I guess more people will be put off of this game.
    But Ascended gear so far has not been difficult to get, so the possibility of Ascended armour from dungeons and buying it with some of the various currencies on offer; I'm speculating here obviously but I doubt you'll only be able to get them through crafting. So yes for all you altoholics out there it will mean doing a lot more PvE, a few more fractals and some more dungeons - but what were you planning on doing anyway?

For crafting it's more or less the same, currently levelling crafting is pretty easy and the mats below T6 are cheap enough that you don't have to farm them if you don't want to. The problem is if you want to go for a legendary/named exotic it is currently pretty much impossible to farm all the T6 fine mats you need so playing TP is the only way to get them. So these new crafting mats may actually make it easier (using the Celestial stuff as an example) to get hold of these kinds of things since they'll no longer be the top mat.
    Having said all that, this does depend on whether or not they design this stuff into the game well.

oh, and good luck with the cycle ride Monkey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar

That's quite a haul. The scroll advances a character to level 20.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is that today's chest contents, Malawi for 5000 APs?
    Scrolls about a month too late for me, even my unplayed ranger is about L18. Will keep till they roll out a new class!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Lots of 5000+ points players are getting 400 gems today. Might be worth keeping an eye on the gold/gems market -- in theory you could get a good price today as people convert gems to gold.

With a gem price of over 3.4g/100 gems, the impact of those chests better be significant. Holy hell, these chained gem store updates drain what little sanity there is left in the playerbase.

I doubt we'll see a sustained fall below 3g/100 (though maybe we'll get a temporary one). The price seems to have found an equilibrium at just over 3g.

Agreed, but due to the current high (mentioned above), the timing of the release of the 4G-BOXX (for realz) could have been better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess that every time I think the gem cost is high, I have to remind myself that on the other side of that transaction is someone who bought gems with cash. At current rates thats 1=3.2G (plus ANets cut). The number of people who are doing this may be small - gold is relatively easy to come by in reasonable amounts, so is it the likelihood that much of this is people dropping large amounts to fund big purchases - precursors, legendaries etc. I haven't yet come across anyone who has admitted to doing this, and despite being in what ought to be the right demographic for this (working, Late thirties
    early forties [ouch. first time describing myself like that, that sounds bad] long time gamer) then I've never even been tempted. Either i'm wrong and there are lots of people out there throwing a few quid at the gem store to buy the odd exotic or nice skin, or else the market is sustained by a small number of atypical folk throwing big sums at it, because they can (maybe investment bankers play GW2...), or are just addicted (cf last week's sunday papers link to F2P and hunting "whales").
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Either i'm wrong and there are lots of people out there throwing a few quid at the gem store to buy the odd exotic or nice skin, or else the market is sustained by a small number of atypical folk throwing big sums at it, because they can (maybe investment bankers play GW2...), or are just addicted (cf last week's sunday papers link to F2P and hunting "whales").
    I'd guess both, just looking at reddit whenever a new RNG thingy comes out you can see people opening loads "for science" and you can wander around LA and see a ton of people with free kites who can't all have dumped loads of money into gems.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess Salix I was drawing the distinction between buying gems to spend in gem store, which I can see happening a lot, and buying gems to trade to gold, where that is less visible, and ought to be independent of the latest RNG box fad (unless you have change left over)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Can we get a guild karma buff this weekend? I want to drink all of those jugs now that the big chest is out of the way.

the guild Karma buff is up pretty regularly, but I'll make sure it is running Saturday, at least, for the guild missions etc.
    worth noting that we also have some Karma banners we can put down to pep those boosts some more.

I guess Salix I was drawing the distinction between buying gems to spend in gem store, which I can see happening a lot, and buying gems to trade to gold, where that is less visible, and ought to be independent of the latest RNG box fad (unless you have change left over)
    My bad, I completely missed the entire thing about gold. But I still think the point stands since with the amounts you can buy you'll almost always have a few spare gems left over and there isn't really anything else you can do then trade them for gold.

Another tidbit: Colin says that hearts are the least likely thing they would add to a new map. So any new map would be driven purely by dynamic events, Orr-style. Not sure about this, but they're talking up some new interesting dynamic event stuff, so we'll see.

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/feature...g-ahead-part-2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    gw635.jpgIt seems, that rascal mask disfigures my sylvari's face in more ways than one. The left eye is open to the max, while right one is closed as much as possible
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 19-07-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!