Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    I'm hearing really good things about the MF, like some great results - more good than bad, certainly.

Guildhead has been launched (was wondering when it would happen). Most other databases I've seen lack the design and usability wowhead had, so I'm quite happy about this. The map is pretty good, altho slightly bugged (started an infinite loop of redirections for me).

http://www.guildhead.com/

Obscure Node
    Don't know if this has been said but to me it's a very important deal /disclaimer off

To bind actions to your mousewheel until they fix this (I'm assuming something like this cannot be intentional) - for example dodge - go download AHK at http://www.autohotkey.com/ and create a script that for example sets "mwheel down" to "PgDn" and then bind dodge or whatever it is you want on the wheel to PgDn (or what you put in the script).

The drawback is this will cause headaches when you realize you can no longer use your mwheel for anything else like zooming the map or scrolling your bags...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Anyone else experiencing a major slowdown when starting the Game launcher since the latest update? Before it was a matter of less than 5 minutes to get into the game, now i have to wait several minutes alone to be able to log in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Nope, even when it's been patching it only takes a couple seconds from clicking the launcher shortcut to being in the game here.

As well as giving us a kicking in WvW the frogs have also been busy with this http://mastodonte.fr/outils/tool-combo#en

Quite useful for figuring out what combines for combos and what you actually get from the combo.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Do not feel bad, I'm up to level 20 and I've been playing like crazy, I don't get how people are already level 50.
    i'm close. i was planning to put tons of hours on this game but some personal reasons prevents me from doing so. i can only manage an hour or two every other day.

ambing: Play the game at your own pace, really. Sometimes I play in groups that go faster than I use to and although it's fun, I really enjoy slowing down and doing my own thing, watching the vistas, trying to explore, etc. If you see me online, give me a holler and I'll try to party up with you. Account name is zanchito too, character name Gatonegro.

Yeah you're not missing anything from starting later or playing gradually - trading post still not up and party issues still being worked on. The game will be much better in a week or so when they finish fixing them and the initial overload has eased off.

I hit 80 on my asura mesmer last night, first thought was thinking about my Norn Engineer alt It's a game which is very alt-friendly, wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with level 80's in all my character slots.

The guild bank is overflowing with useless shit. Can we have a tombola or something?

Edit: Took mater into my own hands and gave away the low level rings in guild chat and removed the weak potions.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 03-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.

The potions are useful, albeit only if people take them and use them

There were lots of minor sigils in there last time I looked which definitely should go first imo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I wasn't even aware we were using the guild bank... I just pinched a couple of minor sigils for personal use - but then I left some cakes in there in return. :P

I guess we could raffle the items off - or feed them to the mystic forge and then raffle the results off?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    The guild bank is overflowing with useless shit. Can we have a tombola or something?

Edit: Took mater into my own hands and gave away the low level rings in guild chat and removed the weak potions.
    This is possibly due to the wonkiness the guild features are showing at the moment. For example, I couldn't access the bank in any way yesterday, because apparently, I was not a member of the guild.

Another idea to deal with this "problem" is to set up a bunch of rules/mechanisms for managing the guild bank. Some ideas from the top of my head:

1. Think before you pour your stuff into the bank. Donations are very welcome, but they are supposed to be helpful to other players. Always try to keep that in mind.

2. Every week (or every other day) an officer could look through the general access tab(s) and clean out the trash (for this to be manageable, idea #1 should be working reliably) or items that have been sitting in the bank for a while. This stuff can then be sold and the money put into a more restricted bank tab for later use, for example consumables for guild events (Moa dungeon runs, anyone?) or parties. Cash is easier to store than items.

That's not a bad idea, in a pinch we can always sell the clutter and then deposit the profits back into the bank.

I tried to do some cleaning, but it'd not let me withdraw stuff even though permissions say I should (knight). I dropped some materials and had no trouble with that.

Yeah, basic rule should be feel free to put stuff if the Guild Bank if you think its of use to others but don't be offended if we vendor that trash

PS the guild bank is NOT a place to put precious items because your own bank is full. You have been warned.

Well having a look in guild bank now - people do need to be careful before getting rid of things. Potions have a level requirement and the weak potions are very useful for levels 5-19, as the 10xp a kill actually has some weight. Right now we only have potions from levels 20-35.

So although don't want bank to get flooded with all types of consumables, I think stacks of them should take priority over the flood of 1 stack green quality runes and sigils we have in there.

Well having a look in guild bank now - people do need to be careful before getting rid of things. Potions have a level requirement and the weak potions are very useful for levels 5-19, as the 10xp a kill actually has some weight.
    wasn't that a bug and it's +10%xp? does it even work?

I still have the potions with me and will put them back later. Also I can make tons of new potions I people are interested. You get 5 for 3x1 different fines/food items so you can easily make a lot.

I believe it's just a bug in the tooltip's writing and it actually awards a 10% bonus.

Although all this time on cooking buffs and I haven't been paying attention, haha.

We could just throw all the minor runes into the forge and hope for majors.

What's the policy on the better items in the vault? What's with requests from people that can't withdraw from the forge themselves?
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 04-09-2012 at 01:36 AM.