Page 61 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4280
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I just discovered a couple of short stories that give some back story to the contenders in the election, if the bribes and fractals don't tempt you to one of them, perhaps having some back story will.

Ellen Keil
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...en-met-magnus/

Evon Gnashbalde
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...de-disembarks/
    Those are quite nice and paint evon in a surprisingly good light.

Very much the anti-hero type from that alone.

Network Hub
    I like those stories. It makes me like the NPCs. Though in the case of Kiel's story, it shows more of Magnus than of Kiel - apparently, the Bloody-Handed has quite the soft side.

And Evon is Ash-legion? Interesting. Though not surprising, now that I think of it.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Some QJ icons:

http://raidwarning.com/new-gw2-queen...ns-discovered/

Apparently the bags are for different kinds of champion loot (e.g. bandit champions have their own bag).
    A few new runes/sigils, one of which is rumoured to be torment based.
    But mostly a buttload of finishers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I can't help but notice there's no icon for badges of honor.

There's no new weapon icons either, so it's not a complete list :]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    I like those stories. It makes me like the NPCs. Though in the case of Kiel's story, it shows more of Magnus than of Kiel - apparently, the Bloody-Handed has quite the soft side.

And Evon is Ash-legion? Interesting. Though not surprising, now that I think of it.
    There was some theory whereby Evon has something to do with the order of whispers, and that seems to sit well with his being in Ash Legion.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I wohntbe online for a Weile die to Holiday (sweden). Also, Screw Autokorrektur on IPad.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I wohntbe online for a Weile die to Holiday (sweden). Also, Screw Autokorrektur on IPad.
    You be funny

Enjoy your holiday!
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Hmm, this sounds amazingly good (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...t/#more-162989) although I have to wonder if they are able to actually deliver any of it in a way that is revolutionary.

Everquest Next’s world is made of voxels and everything in it is destructible.
    Wonder how destructible though, or they'll end up with a world that looks like Swiss cheese one week after release.

That’s worth saying again: exploration isn’t simply about walking from point to point, it’s about making new routes to previously impossible places.
    In an MMO.
    I love exploration... if they can bring the feeling of Minecraft/Terraria to an MMO, I'm fucking sold.

Keeping with the blank slate approach to the genre, which involves jettisoning a great deal of jargon, larger quests aren’t defined as ‘raids’ or ‘instances’. There will, at any one time, be an over-riding, worldwide mission, which SOE describe as a ‘Rallying Call’. Every single player is part of a Call, although they are free to ignore its objectives. Each one will last for around three months and they will alter the world in a more directed fashion, creating enormous structural changes or new alliances and enmities.
    Looks like somebody figured a 2-week cycle for new content is not a good idea. Good for them.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I want to believe.

Apparantly it's still 52-48 in favour of Kiel.

But the only poll that matters is the one on the day when the only thing that matters is turnout and ... hmm. Looks like we're headed to Thaumanova.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Apparantly it's still 52-48 in favour of Kiel.

But the only poll that matters is the one on the day when the only thing that matters is turnout and ... hmm. Looks like we're headed to Thaumanova.
    Yeah quite a shame really that we'll miss out on a more interesting fractal (imo) because people wanted slightly cheaper waypoints and a human councilor.

I still think evon is the better candidate.
    I am also hoping that many evon supporters are like me sitting on hundreds of tickets to use up closer to the day :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    that she is human doesn't really matter but vote Kiel anyway
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    that she is human doesn't really matter but vote Kiel anyway
    Out of curiosity: Why? I get the feeling that Evon has been painted as a kind of bad guy during the votes. Kiel on the other hand is just the typical plain boring GW2 NPC questgiver. Nothing memorable about her in my view.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the idea of us voting with consequences, I just think that we know next to nothing about the candidates and their policies. And in the game. Joking aside, aside from their races, and their bribes, sorry policies, Kiel is the quest giver from the southsun arc and Evon runs the BL co. will vote Evon, and on Tuesday if he loses then it will be just like every morning after Election Day:

"The people have spoken. The bastards."
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

"We get the bland & boring questgiver-politicians we deserve."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    theoretically you could use the api to see your bank/wallet contents... wonder how many have tried
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Tomorrow's update will include a bonus six hours of downtime:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...UTC-09-01-CEST

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well at least they told us and its not peak time for either Europe or the US (if you're in Australia, that is bad, but I have little sympathy given how the cricket is going
    You've got to be upset if youre on the last boss of a dungeon in the US and the clock begins to chime midnight. It'll be like cinderella...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    no point me pulling a sickie tomorrow then.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera