Page 69 of 205 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4086
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm saving my experience scrolls for those difficult teenage years.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    That speech better be mindblowing.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ugust-20-2013/

Trouble may be afoot.

I blame kiel ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Hmm, this had better be more than "a single generic baddie turns out to be behind all of the bad things that have been happening since launch!"

The dataminers seem mildly enthused, at least: "It's not the second coming of Guild Wars 2 and suddenly everything will be different! It's the living story stepping up a notch." Reading between the lines of some reddit posts, it seems we should expect something a little more interesting than what's come before, but nothing as shocking and interesting as some theories that have been kicking around.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    such as: 'half way through the speech, the earth shakes and a giant flaming claw comes up from below and pulls the Pavilion (and Queen Jennah) into the depths'.

Cue investigations, rescue mission and a long chain of events until we get to kill Primordius some time next year.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Kiels eyes are quite the shade of scarlet on her hologram in LA.

I read through a couple of strings myself but I won't post anything, whitened out or not, because I know people can't help themselves and it would dominate the conversation. You could ask me if you want of course.

Network Hub
    The End of Culling in PvE

On August 20, we’re turning off culling, which will remove the limit on the number of characters you can see on-screen at once. The cities of Tyria will now be even more vibrant and bustling than ever!

Well, there goes my FPS..
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

If it's anything like the WvW implementation, you'll get options to limit how many allies you can see and at what level of detail.

Yes and the scaling of graphics tends to be pretty effective too. That's why a lot of the screenies I have with a lot of people in look terrible, but at least you can see them.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Network Hub
    During big zerg fights in WvW my FPS is somewhere between nothing and barely something so if it's gonna be like that every time I visit LA I might need to find another capital for myself. Too bad there are no hearthstones in this game..
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

So this has been stickied on Reddit. I understand that's a White Mantle logo.

Lots of scepticism as to whether it's legit. The mods are being evasive and not giving much away.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 15-08-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Had a look as I'm not going to be able to play it. Mantle would be great, tie stuff back to GW1 a tad. Away for a bit now, see you all in September, but I might lurk in the forums if I come across Wi-Fi.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

ArenaNet wouldn't reuse exactly the same wallpaper they used for the War in Kryta marketing campaign back in GW1.

Yeah, that seems right. I wonder what the mods were playing at.

Also: farming nerf probably inc: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...onomy-concerns

I guess better later than never, but what annoys me a bit is that Anet are actually pretty slow with their "nerfs" or updates, allowing a considerable amount of time for people to exploit a certain farming spot before shutting it down. I think it is pretty obvious that players hunger for a sustained way of making money (apart from the TP, which is a whole topic of its own) and will jump on anything that sounds like it might be a good chance to make some pretend-$$$. I'd rather have them act swiftly in such cases or provide a good alternative by themselves.

Edit:I wanted to add that this is especially annoying when one cannot help but think that these farming opportunities must have been glaringly obvious from just looking at the concept of the Queen's Pavillion. A whole area of Veteran mobs plus Legendary bosses that give reward chests plus a good chance to drop T5 and T6 mats. Nah, people aren't going to go nuts on this. Same with the Gauntlet farming.
    Last edited by Squiz; 16-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Read some of that thread and found it mightily humorous, especially this comment:

Why does it seem that the play style of so few (market players) seems to define what happens with the loot table for the majority that donít farm or play casually? To be frank Iím getting pretty sick and tired of this, the TP is only one bloody portion of the game but the few that monopolize this system seem to carry far too much weight where the game reward system is concerned.
    Frankly every opportunity to make money for those who donít farm or play this stupid market gets trashed on the will of what is assuredly a minority.
    I bet John Smith had a big smile on his face reading that.

IF seeing that guy admit to making 150g per day this patch is not triggering crazy alarm bells, I don't know what should. That's simply crazy.
    They should have stats anyway tracking players' wealth increases, I bet that's only scratching the surface.

I am rather tempted to look into that deadeye farm myself as it seems an easy way to make some cash. Not that I need it, but hey, if everybody's doing it why not?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Good post you've got there Skalpadda, I somewhat agree.

The Deadeye farm sure looks interesting, however I had some trouble getting it to work on my Warrior, even before it was nerfed. Going to give it another go with my Thief, although I would expect long queues during the weekend. Getting up early it is then. (that's a joke, no game will take my precious sleeeeep from me)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I think most of the people on that thread have forgotten about this post:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ars-2-in-2013/
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera