Page 74 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4101
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    More like, stock up on transmutation stones since there will be hardly any ascended skins.

Glad we're getting the legendary upgrades though, and the return of SAB should be fun.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    thankfully I got my legendary before the price went up

so stat bonus, infusion slot and a sigil slot, when are they rolloing out Ascended sigils?

I see they are staggering the release of Ascended equipment to [create a more effective gold sink] help people focus on what's needed first.

But we still don't know what is happening to all those named exotics, surely they should get a stat boost too, or at least the option to ascend them.

still, might make my quest for the Wings of Dwayna somewhat cheaper.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Squirrel/Kinch : It's less needing help in the instance, though that will of course be welcome, and more being able to open it without grinding the prerequisites first, before the gods of time gated content cast me into the Abyss. Seem to have secured wifi access now that doesn't involve me lurking somewhat dodgilly in the supermarket, so will be able to read up on new patch before it goes live. 3 more days on the beach, see you Sunday.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Hey, enjoy the sun! As I've mentioned, I am available for grouping shenanigans and can also open up the instance.

Concerning the new gold sink: I'll wait and see how expensive the new crafting tier and the ascended items are before deciding on a reaction. For people pursuing a Legendary weapon there is literally no reason any more to buy existing Precursors anymore. Prices have risen even more and crafted Precursors as well as new Legendaries are around the corner. But of course people aren't sensible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Will do the final push on the legendary next month. Have the T6 mats gone up in price much? Hopefully the icy runestones are still 1g I left them till last as they were most inflation proof!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    I'll never get a legendary at this rate ^^

But ascended weapons dissapoint me somewhat, the content isn't there that needs them and we're still lacking new dungeons/fractals/map zones/pvp modes, etc. that actually constitute things to do other than more grind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I got a 2nd Happy Birthday gift... same content
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

You get it for every character that turns 1 year, even if the message says "account activation". Don't know if this is a bug, but it was the way they handled it in GW1. And yes, nobody has a use for (more than one) Mini Queen Jennah and the experience scrolls are pretty pointless for most people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I finished my huntsmanship all in one go yesterday after reading the preview. That was... expensive.

Looks like I might lose out on the fashion contest by a single vote!

It'd be much appreciated if just one person hopped on over there and posted a nice comment in my favour!

Many thanks!
    Last edited by Krathor; 28-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    You get it for every character that turns 1 year, even if the message says "account activation". Don't know if this is a bug, but it was the way they handled it in GW1. And yes, nobody has a use for (more than one) Mini Queen Jennah and the experience scrolls are pretty pointless for most people.
    What I mean is that I got the present twice in each of my alt, one yesterday and one today, same message, same content. And yes they could have randomised the minis at least!
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I got a 2nd Happy Birthday gift... same content
    Looks like they were re-sending them because of a bug.
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Re ascended weapons and their exotic counterparts. If I were designing this system, I'd add -- in addition to ascended weapons themselves -- some method to "ascend" an existing weapon. This could easily be tied into the new crafting system -- a "gift of weapon ascension" that requires a certain discipline -- and could therefore be time-gated as much as they like. If they don't do something like this, then we're going to be left with hundreds of great skins that will only be best-in-slot if one is willing to spend a transmutation crystal. Of course, that may be part of their plan to drive more gem store sales...

I'll be back in-game tonight, so see you soon
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 28-08-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Wasn't today the 1 year anniversary? I don't see any announcements of anything happening... I'd like some fireworks and /cheer.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess it depends how fast or difficult it is to get ascended gear. If its account time gated, and takes a month, then you may well earn transmutation crystals as fast through daily bonuses etc. if its substantially faster then you may need to put up with naff skins or purchase crystals which would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Wasn't today the 1 year anniversary? I don't see any announcements of anything happening... I'd like some fireworks and /cheer.
    Weren't we all supposed to get 200 gems? Or was that for the character birthdays?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    And today I got a birthday present with a booster an exp scroll and a mini queen jemma
    I haven't had any presents despite playing since pre-launch. ArenaNet forgot my birthday, it seems.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    The birthday stuff seems char bound instead of account, so make sure you're on a character created a year ago.

Beyond that there were some reports of not getting presents but I thought that'd been fixed now.

For the fashion contest: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE thanks for the additional votes folks!

GameSkinny said that the winner is due to be announced today, but they didn't say when or when voting was supposed to close, so I hope the push at the end was enough to win!

For the birthday thing: Still haven't gotten a gift but I forgot when I created Seigous lol! Well it's not a big deal anyway given what all you guys got...
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Got birthday gifts on both of my oldest characters today. They were created about a week apart, so I guess the system is a little bit wonky. Not much use for the experience scrolls now that I have 7 characters above lvl 20 and no spare slots, but hey, free stuff!