Page 77 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 4334
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Completely agree, Saph. Grind is now guaranteed for some time (ascended arnour "before the end of the year") so we can just hope they add some challenging content to go with it. Or we can just run fractals more, that's still challenging!
    then again the new SAB mode looks challenging, though I don't think ascended weapons will help with it!

moving on from bitching about stuff I can't change, what do folk think about new gear sets? I might get some of the condition/vit/toughness for my necro in wvw; not sure I'll use the assassin prec/pow/crit set, but will wait to see what build crafters say. Losing mf from my Celestial not a big deal but if it gives me a chance to swap stats on that I may think about it, as the lack of power there is hurting my ele a bit.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I was thinking about trying Condi/Vit/Tough as a condition ranger in WvW, because I feel quite squishy with Rabid gear. Then again, without the appropriate trinkets it probably won't make a huge difference.

Edit: And I'm guessing that no matter how long I play GW2, I'll likely never make an ascended weapon. I only got my first ascended trinkets today. Woo.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Zerker output is limited more by power than precision (of the 2 builds I use, my necro has 100% crit in deathshroud and as a 1h sword build with fury up my guardian sits on about 90%).

Extra crit has diminishing returns compared to power and crit damage point by point on top of this and afaik most crit procs don't happen more than once a second which is easily hit before that without 100% crit as most auto attacks go off at twice a second.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Labbes, I'm assuming the trinkets will become available with these stats too, but not sure from where! Ascended jewellery is ok to come by if you do fractals and guild missions, alternatively laurels and wvw tokens. Ascended stuff (including weapons) will drop occasionally too!
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Yeah, for PvE, there won't be much of a change, Berserker gear will of course remain the best stat combination for nearly any content. Makes things easier for when Ascended armor hits, I guess.

Someone's compiled a helpful list of sources and amounts of the new materials required for ascended weapons:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Material-List

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I hope those permanent logging axes are still available.

I see the cost of ecto's and crystalline dust rising sharply.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Inspired by the link Saph has posted I did a quick google search ("guild wars 2 no grind"). One of the first hits was this Eurogamer article from a while back (Nov. 2012) which contains a couple of statements on gear progression and the problem of vertical vs. horizontal progression. To me it was interesting to have another look at the developers comments on the topic, maybe you do too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-2-loot-grind

Despite the rrrrrage and disappointment I feel about the current state of the game, I certainly can see their point. One of the most important aspect of the whole ruckus Ascended weapons have caused is the question of how "casual" gamers - with this I refer to people who might not play every day but at least a few, maybe even several hours every week - are supposed to be able to acquire the new gear.

Keep in mind that Ascended gear should not be compared to Legendary items or other end-all equipment from other games, it is just an expansion of the existing crafting system and should therefore be seen as regular equipment or "Best in Slot" gear, nothing that is only for the selected few that want to have the biggest mace or the shieniest staff. And that's what I cannot see happening right now. The new weapons will require not only in-game currency but also vast amounts of time to be produced. One weapon will at least take two weeks to be completed and that is if you log in every day to work on it. On each of these days, players will be required to have the materials available to merge/forge/transmogrify the next component of the One Stick or whatever it is their character is currently running in its build. That's bad enough for players that would like to run different builds on their main character. Don't even start to think what these changes mean for players with two, three or maybe one character of every class.

To me, that's the single most annoying part of it all. The combined amount of time and effort required to acquire just a single set of these items is insane. Sure, it will keep people busy and the maps populated but at the same time it just feels so pointless to me. From now on, there is no real reason to buy Exotics for your alt characters anymore, that's just unnecessary expenses. And how exactly does Ascended gear fill the gap between Exotics and Legendaries? It's the same situation: If you want a Legendary item, you surely don't want to use all your Ectos on crafting the current BiS stuff?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    If i read this article correctly they do acknowledge the bad communication but they also say they were expecting the reaction? Surely this is confusing?
    I'm not convinced by their answer, also what of the dungeon tokens to buy exotic? I will use them for the toilet to get my precursor I guess. But then is a legendary worth it if an ascended weapon is better? SO now I have to craft an ascended weapon AND a legendary as a skin? But I thought you could change the legendary stats but is it limited to exotic stats?
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 02-09-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Legendary items will always have the best stats, they will be upgraded to get the Ascended weapon characteristics come the update. It will remain to be seen what becomes of Dungeon tokens, obviously the changes will devalue them to a degree. Cynics may say that they'll still provide Ectos and Exotics to salvage. I would assume that in general Dungeons will become more and more of a daily rush-through content (i.e. the way most stuff goes these days).

Squirrel, I agree with mostly everything... but the fact that you don't realistically NEED BiS on all of your alts. All specs will function very well without full ascended gear (they are now, aren't they?) and I'm guessing exotics will become even cheaper - which is not that bad from a gearing perspective.

The problem here is that they say the game is not a gear grind, it is a skin grind. That worked very well up until now, as they made it easier and easier to get all sorts of exotic and ascended gear (laurels, badges, gold, tokens, karma...). But now they are killing all of that by introducing hard to get stat upgrades instead of making the stat upgrades easy to get and some "ascended" skins hard to get.

We'll probably end up with everybody making zerker ascended items because they're the safest bet for a lot of specs and that'll be it.

PS There's no gap to fill between exotics and legendaries, as legendaries are skins.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    PS There's no gap to fill between exotics and legendaries, as legendaries are skins.
    Not anymore since they promised to have the stats that you want on them now. But yes who is waiting to obtain a legendary to get their exotic weapon the way they want it.

As they said they should have done the ascended bit from the start, this throws out a lot of things, for example if I wasn't master crafter I would be now very unhappy that I need to go to 500 to get the title on all the crafting.
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 02-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Legendary weapons will have Ascended stats which you can change, I assume from some sort of drop down list.

I always thought that Ascended gear was needed (not for PvE content, but it does give them a chance to introduce harder content now), but I don't like how they have introduced the high cost and time gated stuff.

It is a difficult problem to manage though, how do you allow the casual players to get BiS gear without making it too easy for the hardcore ones.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    It is a difficult problem to manage though, how do you allow the casual players to get BiS gear without making it too easy for the hardcore ones.
    they need to have dungeon tokens, guild commendation, WvW tokens and laurels to be able to buy some too.

Diversifying the means to acquire the required components would be a start I guess.

Edit: I also wonder if this means that getting a precursor out of the Mystic Forge will now become even harder. Is it known if Exotics can be upgraded to Ascended via forging?

"Right, four Exotic Greatswords into the forge (man, those have risen in price), push button... awww shucks, an Ascended Greatsword. I already have that on my main character. Account bound too?"
    Last edited by Squiz; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.

[QUOTE=squirrelfanatic;353404]Diversifying the means to acquire the required components would be a start I guess.

Edit: I also wonder if this means that getting a precursor out of the Mystic Forge will now become even harder. Is it known if Exotics can be upgraded to Ascended via forging?
    QUOTE] good point, you could get a precursor with rare or exotic, does it meant that now it will be only exo AND asc?

On ascended weapons out of the mystic forge: not a chance. If you could get them this way, it would be by far the cheapest and quickest way to do so.

Ascended trinkets aren't obtainable by putting exotic trinkets in, and I don't expect any change for weapons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They haven't announced changes to precursors though to my knowledge. Whilst the drop rates may vary slightly due to loot table changes, a precursor is still an exotic, admittedly a very rare one. Only difference should be that if you put 4 exotics into the forge you may get a chance of getting an ascended out. 20% if they follow previous patterns which I doubt given the difficulty of getting ascended by other means. Could be that you can't get ascended from forging exotics in which case precursor rates should be unaffected.

There's been a lot of drama on the sPvP, with stacks of posts getting deleted -- including threads where devs had commented. It seems the pvp-ers are unhappy, and it's sparked this essay from Sharp:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...sophy-and-life