Page 78 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3156
    Too bad sPvP is still a crappy gamemode.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Too bad sPvP is still a crappy gamemode.
    What's your specific criticism with sPvP? I mean, it certainly has issues, but could you give some details?

In other news, someone decided to take Scarlet Briar for a walk, I mean hop.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._player_where/

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Wow. Sending the zergs to mid-level areas has had a huge impact on the inflated prices of gold, platinum, etc.
    Digging this up to ask you for your oppinions and predictions on what is going to happen with the prices of these materials now that a) the frequent invasions will disappear and b) Ascended weapons are around the corner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    TBH I haven't looked closely enough at the ascended stuff to have a detailed analysis. Some of the mid-level ores are involved in ascended crafting -- e.g. darksteel -- and these will surely rise. Similarly, it wouldn't be surprising if mid-level mats rose as more people level their weapon-crafting disciplines to 400 for the first time. Additionally, there will be less supply of platinum, gold, iron, soft wood, hard wood, seasoned wood, etc, entering into the economy now that the invasions are finishing. There are lots of factors here and it's difficult to predict exactly how it will go. But lots of the factors suggest a short-term increase in price for some mats.

This isn't true across the board, though, since some mid-level fine mats especially are already at a high-ish price historically speaking. It's hard to know whether these will rise more.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The gold price of iron*:

You need about 4 stacks for a weapon I believe. The price will stay that way because since this patch finally introduces a permanent demand for these crafting materials. For all intents and purposes this is better than what we had before, which was no demand at all.

*Yes, I know it's a dumb reference.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 03-09-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Up to 400 mithril ingots required per weapon, too. The price of mithril has remained consistently and stubbornly low, because of the huge amount of mithril in high level zones, so it will be interesting to see whether this new "mithril sink" will finally case it to rise.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I guess it depends on the drop rate of the T7 mats. If the drop rates are (relatively) low, so the T7 mats are the limiting factor in the ascended weapon crafting, then the price of the lower tier mats should not spike too much. If the drop rate is higher then the supply of the lower tier mats will dry up, these will be the bottleneck, and prices will rocket. Mithril/elder wood shouldn't be a problem, as everyone will be salvaging blues/greens for luck.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Everyone will also salvage exotics for one of the materials, by the way.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Obviously that depends on the cost, I imagine most salvaged exotics to be dungeon token ones.

yes, I've managed to store up a pretty decent number of dungeon tokens so far. But the changes for getting Ascended items are designed for make people do more than just farm areas, since you'll also need to complete JP's too.

I'm thinking (hoping) that the T7 mats will drop faily easily, since low drop rates would penalise casual players too much but the high numbers of lower tier mats needed suggest otherwise. Anet will tweek those drop rates a few times before they get it right.

Salvaging exotics will keep the price of ecto's down, but I'm worried for the price of Crystalline dust since you need 20 for each Ascended item I think.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Anthrax Lake | Fuschia Panthera

The new patch is coming up within the next hour or two.

where are the release notes, I need something to read whilst pretending to work.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Dulfy has some details of the SAB, all as expected, except they've cut down on the farming so you can only grab each chest once per account per day. No more multiple zone 1-2 speed runs on 8 alts...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Next patch is TR, almost certainly Tequatl Rising, and presumably will be just the new Tequatl fight, the WvW borderlands changes, and the LFG tool. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...mber_17_patch/

Seems odd to me that they think they can focus on Tequatl as an update title. Isn't he a lieutenant of Zhaitan, who is (in living story chronology) dead?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can't think of any examples of lieutenants rising in power after their master was defeated, Saph. Particularly not in epic fantasy. Apart from that Sauron bloke that is...

hardly counts though, it's such a minor story that I doubt anyone has heard of it.

by the way, I never got to complete World 1 in the SAB so if anyone wants to do it again or hasn't don it yet then I'm up for putting a group together.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I've never done any of the Super Adventure Box, so if groups are happening I'd be up for that. Probably won't be online much this evening though.

Funny you should say that, we've never met as far as I can remember. Oh well. Seeeee you (not)!

Network Hub
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Contentless letter from Queen Jennah.

Also, the increase in Elonian Wine price is a bug.

Edit: one of the new weapons is called Occam's Razor. Yes.
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 03-09-2013 at 09:59 PM.