Page 8 of 213 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I also ought to, like, get around to joining the RPS guild. D:
    Giiiive ussss youuuuur detailsssssss...
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bah, as of last night I'm hit with the guild bug and nobody shows up for me.

Although last night I also went and visited Ebonhawke for the first time... it's awesome. I love the merging of a city into a regular zone, with (mostly non-combat) events and hearts. I wouldn't mind seeing little events like that in the proper cities too.

Also I had to go and read all the open history books, and the gravestones... Professor Yakkington ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Also I had to go and read all the open history books, and the gravestones... Professor Yakkington ;-;
    Yakkington was a jerk, he never handed out the good stuff and rather kept it all for himself.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ember-9th-2012

YES
    Pets can no longer be revived using the F prompt. This is because you can either use F4 to swap pets which will bring that pet back alive or you can wait until you are out of combat at which point you pet will revive automatically. We felt it was doing a disservice to Ranger players to incentivize them to spend a long time reviving their pet when it was a very inefficient thing to do and happened after combat anyway. This will also help clear up F to interact functionality.
    YES YES YES
    Interact F should use the following priority:
    1) Your current selection
    2) Loot
    3) Revive/Stomp
    4) Anything else
    Also I had to go and read all the open history books
    I was a nice touch that they gave an achievment.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 09-09-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Tome of Wrath – Removed Stability
    It's a tragedy. Well, maybe the other elite I don't remember the name of, the one that isn't a tome, will see some more use.

So I asked at some point whether the two Guild Wars books are worth a read or not... the responses were ok, so I read them.

TLDR: read Ghosts of Ascalon, don't read Edge of Destiny.

GA has good writing, a lot of lore and decent character development. I really enjoyed it and it gave me a very nice background into the pre-GW2 events.
    ED is written like a video game, 90% of it is action which gets very tiring after the first battle or two. They start to be the same and you just feel like skipping to the end. Speaking of the end, it was the only decent part of the novel and gives you the reason for that very cold reunion in the Stealing Secrets level 30 storyline quest in Lion's Arch.

Some people have discovered that:
    One each of yellow, green, and blue salvage kits + 3 mystic forge stones nets a 250 use Yellow Quality (Master) Salvage kit when thrown into the Mystic Forge.

You can buy the first ones from vendors or some karma vendors (iirc the weaponsmith trainer) and the mystic forge stones from the gem store (ca 65 for the gems needed). Alltogether this costs about 95s, compared to 1g 50s for 10+ yellow kits.

I've had mystic forge stones drop form zone/daily completions too. (Not 3 though, yet, or I'd try this out tonight.)

Is there a Mystic Forge primer somewhere? I hear a lot of people talking about it, but don't really undertstand how it works, even after reading the wiki. I mean, i know that i have to use 4 items in it, but can those be completely random, or is there some logic in it? Is it only good on high level, or is it worth a gamble reforging low (l30-ish) items instead of selling/salvaging them?

So magic find increases the chance of getting ectoplasm from rares?

That's good to know. It's also good to know that I made money with that despite having no magic find whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by magiuspaulus View Post
    Is there a Mystic Forge primer somewhere? I hear a lot of people talking about it, but don't really undertstand how it works, even after reading the wiki. I mean, i know that i have to use 4 items in it, but can those be completely random, or is there some logic in it? Is it only good on high level, or is it worth a gamble reforging low (l30-ish) items instead of selling/salvaging them?
    There is some logic behind the randomness, and there are some very definite recipes that work every time. Right now though people are still figuring out everything it can do, so snippets of information are scattered about and guides are incomplete.

Network Hub
    There is some logic behind the randomness, and there are some very definite recipes that work every time. Right now though people are still figuring out everything it can do, so snippets of information are scattered about and guides are incomplete.
    seems like a good explanation. i've been looking for some more detailed info about Mystic Forge as well but could not find one.

Anyone experiencing heavy lag with the gem exchange atm.? I spent 70s on gems this morning and still haven't received any (the silver was deducted alright...)

I got 387 gems for 1 gold on saturday and it was instantaneous. It's going to take forever to get the 2400 I need for the 3 char slots to have 1 of each profession.

I picked up about 200 gems yesterday evening with no delay.

Speaking of, anyone else kind of surprised at how cheap it is to get games with in-game money?

Or conversely, anyone else terrified by how much the in-game money is worth in real world money right now?
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-09-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Yes, I thought getting gems would be much more of a problem. Still, I'm pretty sure inflation will make things way more expensive in a lot less time than I'd like.

CAUTION! The following trailer contains spoilers of endgame images. (Also, it's a bit daft.) You may not wish to watch it if you haven't been to Orr yet. (I wish I hadn't...)

Official GW2 Live Action Trailer
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Also ANet have started selling the game again. weeee for those sillies that haven't gotten it yet.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Anyone experiencing heavy lag with the gem exchange atm.? I spent 70s on gems this morning and still haven't received any (the silver was deducted alright...)
    I haven't used the gem exchange yet, but last night I ran into a bit of an issue when buying gems straight-up. I went to buy 1600 gems, entered my credit card info, and it rejected it. Then I tried again, using the exact same info, and it went through just fine. I was only charged once, to my knowledge so far, but it was still kind of weird.

CAUTION! The following trailer contains spoilers of endgame images. (Also, it's a bit daft.) You may not wish to watch it if you haven't been to Orr yet. (I wish I hadn't...)

Official GW2 Live Action Trailer
    It really just spoils the look of Zhaitan. There is no scene like that in the game.

I wish there was.