Page 84 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4104
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Well, I suppose they could change how it works when the user has no target.

Also, patch is live.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    dear god... people arguing over fiction written but multiple other peoples on the internet, doesn't get more win than that.

Will someone not think of the children!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    There's apparently a preview code that crashes everyone in the instance if it's posted, and is about to get patched.

So I've heard the new WvW Orb mechanics are a blazing success.

That's pretty funny. That's Flame Ram Mastery doing the work there, of course, not the orb mechanic. They already fixed the bug that makes it persist after leaving a ram, but I guess it still stacks with all those other buffs...

Blackgate beat Tequatl:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...gate-and-Video

...with over 100 people in voice comms. What's the closest GH has gotten so far?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Would make a good duke outing, I think the hardest part is making sure you have reliable peeps on the turrets.

Ah yes, my bad. Still funny.

SO that looks like it is now a lot chuffin harder to do - which in some ways would be nice and presume you now need to stop the chuffin risen from destroying all the cats on the periphery plus the LASER CANNON!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Network Hub
    If it'll always take a hundred organised fighters to take down this oversized lizard, I'm just going to be part of the problem and derp around hoping for others to do all the important bits.

Makes me curious though how this event will look a month from now. Either it's become a regular thing for a large guild like Balthazar, or Tequatl will throw an unstoppable tantrum for half an hour and bugger off again every so often.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    If it'll always take a hundred organised fighters to take down this oversized lizard, I'm just going to be part of the problem and derp around hoping for others to do all the important bits.
    Hmmm, I've been part of less than 20-30 random zerg who have taken him down - the key is keeping the big laser up and running as it knocks off 25-40% with a hit, so even with a small zerg if you get two laser hits (plus random damage) he goes down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    So I've heard the new WvW Orb mechanics are a blazing success.
    I went to have a look last night, basically it's a theives playground there, and we seemed to have all the orbs on all the maps. Keeping them seems relatively straight forward. In fact on one of them there was a guy with an arrow cart trying to keep people away - it didn't work since the arrow cart didn't do enough damage to me, in full zerker Ranger mode, before I had topped up the bar.

so it seems at the moment, that the server with the best thief coverage will keep the buffs.

I'm not commenting on the video, since I can't watch them at work
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

The video, FWIW, shows a few players tanking severe arrowcart fire with Iron Hide + Protection + Frost Aura + Signet of Judgement -- and taking more or less no damage.

It's basically a group of people standing in the constant barrage of Superior Arrowcarts without taking meaningful damage due to cheekily stacked damage reduction buffs.

Edit: Ninja-ed by Saph.

The orbs mechanic will probably result in snowballing fights and map domination of the server with the most players. I am not sure what the rationale behind the decision to introduce this mechanic to WvW was, but then again I don't understand a whole lot of Arenanets decision processes to begin with.

Concerning the Tqtl fight, I would assume that guesting will solve any event participation problems a server might encounter. Haven't played since the patch yet so maybe it's not as bad as I imagine it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlupius3 View Post
    Makes me curious though how this event will look a month from now. Either it's become a regular thing for a large guild like Balthazar, or Tequatl will throw an unstoppable tantrum for half an hour and bugger off again every so often.
    Good question. I think once people nail down the mechanics and you have a few folks taking responsibility over the turrets, it's probably going to be manageable by a semi-organised PuG (like how we did Balthazar the other week).

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Would make a good duke outing, I think the hardest part is making sure you have reliable peeps on the turrets.
    Indeed. I have two ideas for the next run after March.... One of them does consist of doing a run on Orr via Sparkfly Fen. I knew that it would be a terrible clusterfuck of death for at least the first week or so of the patch dropping, hence why I picked Maelstrom as September's target.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    ...with over 100 people in voice comms. What's the closest GH has gotten so far?
    We've had over that before I think. Back in the glory days of a united community seeking WvW glory.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    I have no doubt he'll go down, if he hasn't already, but I do wonder why they made the turrets such a central mechanic. You can have a group of 200 people be perfectly coordinated and still fail because the 6 people who got on turrets first don't know what to do which strikes me as very odd encounter design.

Indeed -- it would be a great mechanic for an organised large raid, but not for an open-world encounter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    GW2 Twitter mentions that Tequatl has now been bested: Big congratulations to Blackgate for becoming the first #GW2 world to take down Tequatl! https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/tequatl/How-low-has-your-server-gotten-Tequatl/page/4#post2861431 ~RB2
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

ahhh seems there is indeed now a timer to take him down in...

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    New screenshots of stuff:

http://imgur.com/a/nXHTW