Page 85 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3713
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    That's probably a backpiece on that engineer and not a new kit, since the weapon is still the flamethrower. Still, that probably means that we actually will get the option to disable backpacks as shown in the leaks.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Yeah, he has the same gun as my engineer so I doubt it's a kit.

The speculation on it was that it was a new water skill on the ele.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Vabbi beat Teq...with what seems to be a specially formed guild from other servers

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...qualt_tks_ftw/

I guess they guested to the least populated server. Good move!
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 19-09-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Yes, although giving 'Vabbi' the credit is a little... superfluous.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Yes, although giving 'Vabbi' the credit is a little... superfluous.
    So is giving any server credit for something a bunch of people who happen to play on this particular server did. Or giving credit at all for beating a not-too-hard PvE event, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    So is giving any server credit for something a bunch of people who happen to play on this particular server did. Or giving credit at all for beating a not-too-hard PvE event, I guess.
    It was more that only about three people from Vabbi would have actually been there, due to the server's extremely low population.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Bobby Stein has (GW2 lead writer) has commented on the revamped Tequatl event being tied to the Living Story.

Scarlet revealed as new Dragon Overlord?

Is anyone left who is capable of feeling even a twinge of intrigue at an Anet employee saying "more will be revealed later"? Fool me twice, shame on me; and all that.

Remember how the Scarlet stuff was supposed to be a turning point in the living story, with the pace increased? By the time of the next update we will have had six weeks with nothing happening. Expect more of the same: the reveals, when they come, will be small, uninteresting, and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Is anyone left who is capable of feeling even a twinge of intrigue at an Anet employee saying "more will be revealed later"? Fool me twice, shame on me; and all that.

Remember how the Scarlet stuff was supposed to be a turning point in the living story, with the pace increased? By the time of the next update we will have had six weeks with nothing happening. Expect more of the same: the reveals, when they come, will be small, uninteresting, and predictable.
    Hate to say it, but while before and after release I was a total lore buff (read books, articles, woodenpotatoes) I don't follow much anymore because it's so damned uninteresting. Such a pity.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I wanted to post a more general comment on this on the forums but I guess here is as good as anywhere: To be honest, at the moment I don't feel a lot of enthusiasm for the game in its current shape. This has less to do with the quality of the last few updates (which has been disappointing for me) but the general direction the game seems to be going into. Although the pace of the "big" patches has been incredible the actual content they bring to the game is not (for me).

Adding more random stuff like the invasions doesn't really make the game experience any more compelling for me. Grinding for another tier of gear (which on top is unnecessary at the moment and probably will also be in the future given the amount of stat increase on the items) isn't kindling my interest in the crafting system. Revamping old content to make it more "rewarding" might be interesting for a couple of runs and then it's the same old thing again.

All in all the amount of work that is continually going into the game is impressive, especially since most of it comes for free. It's just not what made the game fun back at launch. I went into the game expecting a development similar to that of Guild Wars 1, with new areas being added for exploration, another main plot arc (or alternatively an advancement of the old one), new game modes. This is obviously not happening, although you never know what's creeping up on the horizon.

So that's how I see things at the moment. How about you all?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post

You sir have been so badly burned I am surprised you don't have to go to hospital each morning to be wrapped up in creamed bandages. Hypercynical does not do your state justice. Apricotthoup isn't far behind in the cynicism stakes however...

I've not dwelled or stepped into the lore much at all partly because those who know better have warned me to steer clear and pieces i've seen lately have warned me to not go near because it seems to have been written by a friend of axe cop - ie its being written by a kid and built by people who can make it look good. My brother has done more research and continuity checks for a 2 day dungeon MERP game than it would appear sometimes ANET have...

I do feel a small bit of pity for those that wish for so much better from them. Trouble is anything good normally costs or your have to pay for it in time.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    To be honest, at the moment I don't feel a lot of enthusiasm for the game in its current shape. This has less to do with the quality of the last few updates (which has been disappointing for me) but the general direction the game seems to be going into.
    Couldn't agree more, I've really struggled to get interested lately.

I went into the game expecting a development similar to that of Guild Wars 1, with new areas being added for exploration, another main plot arc (or alternatively an advancement of the old one), new game modes. This is obviously not happening, although you never know what's creeping up on the horizon.
    I always expected that the first year would involve most the recurring content, seasonal festivals etc. and that the new perm stuff would arrive until the second year, - trouble is there is currently no evidence that it is arriving at all. I as generally OK with the idea of Ascended items but the way they've introduced the crafting of them is so painful I find it hard to be bothered about it, be interesting to see how they introduce crafting for trinkets when they do it, since it is so easy to get them elsewhere.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My interest in the lore has faded also - a combination of bland characters (Logan...), and the game's focus on aetherblades/Scarlet etc doesn't appeal as much as either epic lore (Zaitan, Jormag, Abaddon, the Searing...) or lore exploring more complex themes (separatists vs Charr-human peace treaty; Nightmare Court vs Sylvari etc) that was in the game at the start . The revamped Tequatl is the first thing to challenge that in a while, but like Saf I have little hope.

Then again, if I wanted lore I'd play Skyrim or Baldur's gate - MMOs are about player interaction - we make our own lore.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I'm cynical about the living story (and consequently the wider story), it's true. But I still love the core game -- dungeons, WvW, etc -- and some of the QoL improvements have been great. It's a shame they seem incapable of adding anything with any depth. Even some confirmation that they are working on things like new zones would be nice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    All in all the amount of work that is continually going into the game is impressive, especially since most of it comes for free. It's just not what made the game fun back at launch. I went into the game expecting a development similar to that of Guild Wars 1, with new areas being added for exploration, another main plot arc (or alternatively an advancement of the old one), new game modes. This is obviously not happening, although you never know what's creeping up on the horizon.
    I also have an expansion, or expansion-like content with new zones and all that come with that, at the top of my wishlist. World building is where I feel ArenaNet are at their strongest and while there are some interesting bits of story in the game (not least in how the story ties back into the world building) the way it's told is not exactly gripping. I'm open to the possibility that the living story will end up somewhere cool, but there are only so many times a writer can wink at me and say "just go with it" before I lose interest.

That said I still enjoy the game a lot. I burned out a bit shortly after the fractals came out (in January, I think?) and ended up not logging back in for a couple of months after levelling several characters and falling into the trap of grinding TA for two weeks straight for shiny armour. I find the world itself enormously compelling and exploring all its little nooks and crannies is something I really enjoy (as you can probably tell from my recent spamming of the screenshot thread). This world offers the opportunity to go out and have your own adventure and feel like you got somewhere, did something or found something without being led by the nose by a quest or achievement, which is sadly a rare treat in MMOs (or most games, really) these days.

I also overall really like the class mechanics, enjoy doing dungeons now and then and just generally messing about and taking part in events. This guild is pretty great and I enjoy the guild missions every week. Stuff like Duke's Southsun event and the few trips to WvW I've been part of have been good fun as well.

I can understand why people might be getting bored and from your post it sounds like taking a break from the game might be worth considering. If the game continues as it's going now I'll probably be slowing down eventually to where I just log in to check out the odd interesting update but I suppose that might not be such a bad thing; there are lots of other games I want to play. Hopefully there are some new zones and more significant expansion content in the works.

I have to agree with most people here that the direction of the game at the moment just isn't interesting, I had more typed out but it was pretty much just restating what everyone's already said about what's lacking. As it is I have no particular hope that anet are going to improve unless they spring something massive completely out of the blue. That said, the base game is still interesting enough for the moment and it's always easy to take a break.

Tequatl! If anyone's not working/wfh/finishing early today, I'm planning to give the 3pm Teq fight* a go today. Thinking this will be just about early enough to avoid overflows, but late enough that there may be a good number of people around. (Tried the 8am fight, there were not enough people). Would be cool if we can get a group of us there.

* or the first one after 3, at any rate. What's the respawn time, do we know? One fight started at 8:40am, if anyone's able to extrapolate from that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    am on late shift today as niece n nephew sitting so have to pour them into bed at 7.15ish then clobbering time. Late tequila session?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    The app is working again, I think Yargh is wfh today so he might join
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie