Page 89 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4144
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-armor/2898959

TL;DR now is the time to stock up on leather and cotton/wool/silk etc.
    I'm going to stick to my exotics, TYVM.

This made my day:

"Good luck farming these materials, as you will mostly get high level materials with a level 80 character.
    So most of the time you will get Gossamer and Silk, the lower level mats are basically unfarmable."

LE:
    I was quite happy with how the ascended jewelry was obtainable. Laurels, badges, guild comms, fractals etc. They just made the rest of the gear into a crafting mats black hole and a grindfest now which is not appealing really. They will either slowly make it obtainable through other avenues in the future or leave it like this, in which case I will just get some ascended weapon and that's that.
    Last edited by noaru; 30-09-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    You'd hope so, eh?

As for storage limits, a gem-store item which increases them to 500 was datamined a few weeks ago. Assuming that Vision Crystals will be required, and given that it takes at least a few days to farm the mats required for one of those, you won't need more than ~600 of anything at once.

It's interesting that the already have the back-end in place for this -- your collectables tab already shows a slot for Elonian Leather Squares and Bolts of Damask, etc. (I think there are some other miscellaneous items; maybe those will replace vision crystals for armor?) I wonder how long they'll wait before enabling it all.

"Good luck farming these materials, as you will mostly get high level materials with a level 80 character.
    So most of the time you will get Gossamer and Silk, the lower level mats are basically unfarmable."
    Yeah, this is a worrying difference between the cloth mats and the wood/ore mats. I wonder how they'll get around this?

Edit: 'Xunlai Electrum Ingot' and 'Crystalline Ingot' are the other mats currently shown on the bank collection that we have no idea about. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ingot
    Last edited by jha4ceb; 30-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    They won't. The entire point of ascended crafting is to drain the economy of lower-level materials.

Actually, screw the materials. It's just gold. The real cost is Dragonite. Jesus fucking Dragonite.

Indeed, but at least with wood and ore, the supply of low-tier mats can be replenished by max level players gathering in low-level areas. With cotton and wool, the only replenishment comes from (a) low-level players salvaging and (b) bag drops from mobs in low-level areas.

Anyway, the upshot is that these mats will probably see a huge, permanent price increase when ascended armor comes out.

For Dragonite, take as many of your characters as possible to the Golem Mk II every day. It gives 15-25 ore on a ~1 hour respawn. Add a few Orr temple caps too (30 ore each) and they stack up in no time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I know how to get it fastest. I just don't want to do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I guess that the ascended armour will show up more the differences between the different types of crafting mats. For weapons metal (mine, weapons/hvy armour salvage) is a little more accessible that wood (trees, salvage from some weapons), and this was reflected in the higher wood prices the last month. For armour, heavy users will be similar to those wanting a sword now (but with a bit more demand), but there is a big difference between how you access cloth/leather and metal.
    They could do some MF recipe to demote T5 mats into T2-4 mats easily enough - would still operate as a gold sink but might help increase supply. Alternatively they could just scale down the amount of wool, linen and cotton that you need relative to the weapon recipes.
    tbh I sort of lost the enthusiasm for ascended after i made the first one. Will need some serious fractals revamp making me need more AR to make me want to pursue it in anything other than a casual basis over the next year or 2
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    I'm going to stick to my exotics, TYVM.
    Yep, given the small stat increase, the difficulty of the game (which I doubt will change much) and that I have no interest in doing high level fractals or anything else where more stats would be useful, I don't think ascended armour is something I'll make any serious efforts towards. As a long term thing, making a piece every now and then when I might have gotten what's needed through normal play or have gold to burn, it might be kind of nice though.

Network Hub
    Someone earlier this evening in guild chat mentioned an interesting video theorizing on Anet's expansion strategy (or lack of), but I wasn't paying full attention and didn't catch the name. Can anyone help me out?

On the new hairstyles; I just made my last character class a few days ago. Looks like I might be deleting and restarting it -.-

This video, perhaps?

Not so sure I agree with all his arguments, and I'm pretty sure Anet have already considered the business and player retention side of things. An expansion would be nice though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Damn. Used my free hairstyle makeover kit on my Mesmer at the weekend...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Damn. Used my free hairstyle makeover kit on my Mesmer at the weekend...
    First world problem #9340 right there.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Indeed, Monkey, tis like spending your lottery win on the wrong colour yacht... Might have to finally succumb and make a female Asura (that and male human are the only combinations I'm missing). What class to duplicate though? Perhaps a mes for jumping puzzles, but levelling Mes was a pain. Or a necro so I can try out a non-condition build? Oh the dilemma. Think I've found FWP#9341 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Someone earlier this evening in guild chat mentioned an interesting video theorizing on Anet's expansion strategy (or lack of), but I wasn't paying full attention and didn't catch the name. Can anyone help me out?

On the new hairstyles; I just made my last character class a few days ago. Looks like I might be deleting and restarting it -.-
    It's the video Skalpadda linked.

@Skalpadda I don't agree with his reasoning 100% but it's an interesting discussion (if you can call it that, more like monologue). I'm not so sure about Anet being right in their choice of strategy and player retention though. I think they went a bit too far with the focus on releasing patch after patch after patch...

I believe that if they had a team focused for 1y on creating an expansion they could've easily pay for it from sales of said expansion - I'd pay 30-40 quid for a bunch of new content and I'm sure it would attract any other people that stopped playing due to the living story being... simply boring.

Unless their budget was so small (I doubt it, the game is doing well) they can't really justify passing the opportunity to say "hey, we have a living world that changes every few weeks AND big map expansions every year with new story chapters". That would've made GW2 unbeatable.

I think the make it or break it point will be the end of the year, when I at least will draw the line and see if there's anything worthy - I'm still hoping for new zone(s), new weapons and new dungeons/fractals.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Hell, just a $20 mini expansion that had say:

5 normal and 2 elite skills per class
    3 new zones
    2 new Dungeons + gear
    new sPvP modes (CTF or whatever)
    whatever WvW players want

If they had a dedicated team they should easily be able to get that out in a year and still keep up most of the interim patches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    What about raising the lvl to 100, isn't that what happens in expansions too?
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Please, no. We don't need all our equipment on all our characters to be made obsolete. (I know it's the norm for MMO expansions, but I hope that GW2 would buck that trend).

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    @Skalpadda I don't agree with his reasoning 100% but it's an interesting discussion (if you can call it that, more like monologue). I'm not so sure about Anet being right in their choice of strategy and player retention though. I think they went a bit too far with the focus on releasing patch after patch after patch...
    Oh I'm not saying they're necessarily doing the right thing, just that this is surely something they've considered and they do of course have access to an awful lot of numbers we mere players don't.

Please, no. We don't need all our equipment on all our characters to be made obsolete. (I know it's the norm for MMO expansions, but I hope that GW2 would buck that trend).
    Agreed, I wouldn't be at all opposed to them adding new professions and/or races in new zones to give those of us who enjoy levelling a bit more of that.
    Last edited by Skalpadda; 01-10-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The only reason for increase level caps is grind and gating - neither of which is fun. They ought to be able to make zones desirable enough to explore without a need for either. 80 is about 60 too many in my opinion - GW1 had 20, I never got above the mid teens in D&D back in the 80s - just because WoW has it doesn't make it right or desirable, and if level cap means more gear grind (as opposed to just skill progression that would be ok I guess) then it completely screws anyone with alts. Probably the single thing they could do that would make me play less I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Hmm, I am at 30 on le necro and just bored of ever playing as I have to grind to get to where I want - lvl 80 and able to do all the things me norn can do...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away