Page 93 of 205 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 4082
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    ("Burrrrito!")
    That is always a magic word for me. mmmmm burrito.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Squirrel; making an event of it sounds amusing, there might be some annoyance if you don't get one but on the plus side misery shared is good and it's generally more amusing to do things like this together.

I shall re-download what I need tonight (hopefully just the last 1-2 patches) then maybe this weekend for losing all our money and/or dignity if you're still up for it :P

Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Squirrel; making an event of it sounds amusing, there might be some annoyance if you don't get one but on the plus side misery shared is good and it's generally more amusing to do things like this together.

I shall re-download what I need tonight (hopefully just the last 1-2 patches) then maybe this weekend for losing all our money and/or dignity if you're still up for it :P
    Please let us listen in as the tension unfolds... Am sure we can get a crowd together too Perhaps a big string of toileting the random crap we have but don't use from the guild bank up to superiors... and/or upgrading the default siege equipment?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

It's a deal apricot. However I cannot say if I can make it this weekend, maybe Sunday night. I would need to put up loads of buy offers too. 3 cheap Exotics and a Mystic Forge Stone are the way to go, I would assume?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Don't gamble.

Nothing to lose, etc.

Mystic forge stones are bad, they change the type to anything so you can put in say 3 swords and a stone and get a piece of armour out.

I think assuming a 5-1 quality upgrade exotic items are a bit of a better sell atm assuming you can get them for around 1.25g

and yes, the gamble is stupid, but watching the precursor prices keep rising and rising as fast as I can actually get money and knowing how low a priority the crafting of them is now I don't have a lot to lose as any part of me that was highly invested in the game has whittled away over the past few months so maybe I would stop playing after losing the cash but considering anet are doing little to help me have goals in the game that's happening anyways.

Network Hub
    uses for spare gold: extra bank tabs, bag slots, characters

Oh there are lots of uses, I just don't want to do them till I have the bloody legendary cause I'm an idiot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Halloween preview:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/r...ober-15th.html

Considering the amount of recycled stuff there, it looks a little light. (The recycled stuff will be fun, but I thought the idea was that it would allow them to do additional stuff alongside festivals.) I guess there'll be more in the second-half-of-Halloween update.

Wish I'd kept my spare candy corn.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    uses for spare gold: extra bank tabs, bag slots, characters
    Buying extra character slots is something I would advise against at this point, the game has been steering into a pretty alt-unfriendly direction for some time now (soulbound stuff, ascended items, etc.) and you would be better off finding that one class you like the most and investing in a "main" character. This comes from someone who has played all classes to 80, several times with some classes, and loves trying out a lot of different classes and playstyles. Alts are a goldsink.

Bag slots are not very cost efficient and there is not a whole lot of stuff you'd want to carry around with you anyway besides character specific gear sets (2 or 3 maybe?) and a bit of food and harvesting items. Same goes for bank tabs I suppose, although there is something to be said for having an additional 2 or 3 for convenience. Anything above that - get a couple of personal guilds and buy the 50 slot vault for a few gold.

Edit: I forgot to mention that extra bank space doesn't mean a whole lot if it is only there to be eaten up by new inventory spam like XP scrolls or that diorama. Also, more bank space doesn't add to a) combat stats and b) playing experience / fun.

Editedit: Come to think of it - legendaries don't do that either (adding fun that is), but still!
    Last edited by Squiz; 08-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.

I thought legendaries/ascended had jewel/sigil slot and an infusion slot - so therefore slightly better than an exotic?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Buying extra character slots is something I would advise against at this point, the game has been steering into a pretty alt-unfriendly direction for some time now (soulbound stuff, ascended items, etc.) and you would be better off finding that one class you like the most and investing in a "main" character. This comes from someone who has played all classes to 80, several times with some classes, and loves trying out a lot of different classes and playstyles. Alts are a goldsink.
    It is a bit weird - they seem to have spent quite a lot of effort on making it so that you can play any character you want and share the rewards across your account (shared bank, account wide achievements, most loot being unbound etc.) which is nice and alt friendly but if you want to gear up multiple max level characters it suddenly becomes hideously expensive and time consuming. I haven't levelled everything but I got 6 characters to level 80 with a couple deleted along the way and recently decided to only bother equipping the two I play the most and let the others languish, which feels like a shame.

Anyway, thanks for the replies about GW1, I'll have a go at it once I've finished up my bigger goals in GW2. Speaking of which, I'll run out of time consuming stuff to do pretty soon which actually feels like a nice bit of a break rather than a lack of content. I'm such a casual these days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I only have 3 alts at 80 and I'm happy this way. Until they offer a new race/class I don't see myself investing in more alts. I will give ascended to my main alt who does fractals and the others we'll keep their boring exotic.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Anyway, thanks for the replies about GW1, I'll have a go at it once I've finished up my bigger goals in GW2. Speaking of which, I'll run out of time consuming stuff to do pretty soon which actually feels like a nice bit of a break rather than a lack of content. I'm such a casual these days.
    Give me a shout when you do, I want to see if my mad GW1 skillz still hold up
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Mystic forge stones are bad, they change the type to anything so you can put in say 3 swords and a stone and get a piece of armour out.
    Not true - if you put in 3 weapons and a stone you'll definitely get a weapon out. That's as far as it goes though. So you can put in 3 torches and get out dusk, or 3 greatswords and get a focus
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Not true - if you put in 3 weapons and a stone you'll definitely get a weapon out. That's as far as it goes though. So you can put in 3 torches and get out dusk, or 3 greatswords and get a focus
    Ok my mistake, doesn't change things much though I guess if you're going for a particular thing (like I will be).

I'm still scared to do it and would normally never consider anything so luck based but I dunno if I can be bothered just sitting around waiting for anet to implement something I want.

Re-downloaded and my game is still mangled so I'll break for a while :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Damn bugs!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this I hope you find how to fix this
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie