Page 97 of 196 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3917
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    At any rate -- the solid evidence that new skills are in the pipeline is very welcome.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    A.E.D. doesn't sound too useful. If I go below 1% HP I'll probably die anyway and I'd rather have the healing right now. If that's an Engi skill, the toolbelt skill would also matter.
    My assumption would be that the heal applies you before the damage that would down you, seeing as pretty much anything hitting you below 1% would down you, making healing afterwards a bit pointless. Could be useful in some situations but as you say it hinges on the toolbelt skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    The mesmer one would be ridiculous, because it straight-up removes the biggest disadvantage of phantasms.
    Depends on the CD and other numbers. There aren't that many fights where you can get and keep three phantasms up and to make the most of this the CD would have to be reasonable and you'd want to summon all three phantasms so that they attack roughly at the same time, which sounds finicky and annoying.

Oh I was aware of the intended mechanic, but my point still stands - if I find myself in a situation where I cannot sustain myself, I have missed the point at which I should have left the fight. Obviously, this could be pretty potent depending on the heal and the cooldown especially. But my guess is it's not.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    There are what appear to be new healing skills in the files for a couple of classes.

-Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.
    -Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.
    -Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
    -Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.
    -A.E.D.:Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated.

Keep in mind these things are a work in progress and may or may not make it into the game in this form or another. Maybe there are more, but I'm too tired to look right now.
    Where did you say you datamined those from dude?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    The .dat file that contains the game. I used GW2browser to export the strings and Glixxcel to read them. Sorting by date is only effective as new patches come in, use at your own risk, don't post spoilers.

The mysterious new WvW-ish map thing has been removed from the .dat file

But as the second link shows, another map has been added.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jumping Mad I – Complete Mad King’s Clock Tower jumping puzzle.
    ok, so I will complete the Halloween meta tomorrow instead...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

The text on the new gravestone shield:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...y_head/cctfh2f

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Goddam alts and the ever present need to get them suited and booted asap... That combined with making my first ascended - but who do I give the axe too - both can/will use it! Plus do I still re-skin it with the awesome legionnaire one?

CHOICES CHOICES!
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 17-10-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: spelling mistook
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I've updated the list with another couple of skills and the A.E.D. toolbelt. I think that's it for now.

-Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.
    -Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.
    -Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
    -Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.
    -A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy.
    -Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit.
    -Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you.

I can't put this one with healing skills, but the warrior one is missing:
    -Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time.

Maybe related to this line: "All incoming attacks heal you." There are a couple of what appear to be old traits mixed inbetween, so I'm not sure about this. These could all be old skills that somehow surfaced again for all we know.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 17-10-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Odd that they introduced a water spirit instead of a signet for the Ranger, since the Elite spirit provides Regen, and the Signet build is still missing an offensive one.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

I've moved a few things around in the Guild Bank. The dyes and crests that were previously in the Stash are now accessible to anyone (since they're not worth very much anyway). I've also put a few of each kind of siege in the Deep Cave for anyone who needs it - but the bulk of it is still in the Stash.

Some of the Superior Runes and Sigils in the Stash are also quite cheap and might not be worth restricting. Any thoughts on moving some of these, too?

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I've moved a few things around in the Guild Bank. The dyes and crests that were previously in the Stash are now accessible to anyone (since they're not worth very much anyway). I've also put a few of each kind of siege in the Deep Cave for anyone who needs it - but the bulk of it is still in the Stash.

Some of the Superior Runes and Sigils in the Stash are also quite cheap and might not be worth restricting. Any thoughts on moving some of these, too?
    Do you do actually have a job or is it just to play gw2 SOunds good though and thank you. lvl 80 crests are/can be useful though. Perhaps we should let people toilet the lower levels to generate them.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

No objections regarding the runes and sigils. Sometimes I feel I am a bit paranoid about this stuff and I'd rather have someone ask for something he or she would like to use. But since the items keep piling up in the bank anyways (which tells me that nobody wants to use them for their intended purpose) I don't really see a reason not to do something with it. We could also sell the items that aren't needed at the moment and use the money to pay for guild parties / food feasts for WvW / the odd blue hat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe ask folk to look in the bank and ask for anything they've been too polite to ask for?
    I'll peek myself - some of my characters are still stuck in starter colours
    Not sure how most folk use the bank - I put in WvW siege and take out the odd potion
    (also have a personal guild for stacks of non account bound mats)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

We could also sell the items that aren't needed at the moment and use the money to pay for guild parties / food feasts for WvW / the odd blue hat.
    Seconded. Bit of toiletting or TPing -> gold for events / wvw lotteries etc is always good.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Being a person who can't take out of the "good stuff" I have asked on the odd occasion for items from the super vault but otherwise I take the 2-3 of the odd bit of food that is generated. Tbh some of the food while kindly offered has low use option unless no other would be available. Rune sets etc aren't being used because i think we're all being very british and leaving it for another. Perhaps an amnesty day prior to guild missions we meet in LA and divie out items to take some out of the volume we have? We could also have a request area in the forum for people wanting stuff that can be commonly created by craft masters they might not have and/or a swap point - they provide the mats and whoever can craft them? I have shot loads of weird food stuffs and I will never train up a chef but perhaps others can create the foods for me and/or for guild?

There are also a couple of very good group foods going cheapish on the tp now that saph has addicted me to gw2spidy heroine that we can use any proceeds to buy... Store em up before wvw stuff perhaps?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I'm the same I use the stash of food here and there and replenish when I can with others, I also use the potion for dungeon/ fractal but this might not be so much of a good thing naymore since they are double edged. I think selling the rest would be a good idea. Also I'm happy to craft stuff if people need.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Back in the day when the game had just launched and people were more limited in their crafting options, we had a request thread and even an awesome excel sheet for that purpose. Since Wolfenswan isn't that active any more in GW2, we could recreate such a thread if there is interest. My personal experience is that it's sufficient to ask in /g chat when you have the materials prepared, but I am not stopping anyone. We could also link to it in the resources or the hints & tips thread.

My personal experience is that it's sufficient to ask in /g chat when you have the materials prepared, but I am not stopping anyone. We could also link to it in the resources or the hints & tips thread.
    If all we do is that to let others realise that they can ask, then cool. I am a cheeky sod at times so bluntly asked but others might have more restraint