Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar

IRL - Real Life Meets

A new thread YAY

We are organising a mini meet in Chiswick at 7PM this Thursday.
    Should be at the Duke (in homage to you know who) by Chiswick Park and we are planning some board games.
    Last edited by Krathor; 14-07-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Awesome idea! Sadly I am ~950 km too far away to stop by for a drink. If I ever happen to go to London (or elsewhere in Britain, you never know who might be around the corner) in the near future, I'll make sure to let you guys know.

Have a good time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I thought such things only existed in the world of baby pigeons, beer buying scotsmen and where Hawksbane doesn't jump into traps?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Very cool idea, I should be able to attend a future meeting, especially if it would take place during the weekend (hint hint).
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Busy Thursday but could be tempted in future. Weekends probably better.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Weekends are for GWing don't ya know...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Can we have a decent sized one by the end of summer pleaaaaase!?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Can we have a decent sized one by the end of summer pleaaaaase!?
    I have organised a few meets before so I'm happy to look after this, I know that RPSers are meeting in central London as well on some saturdays so we can either join them on the next meet or organise our own, if I could have an idea of people's interest and availability I'll see what I can do
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Network Hub
    I won't be coming to this mini meet or probably any meeting, since I live quite the trip away and have to live from the tiny budget students get. Take pictures though!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Great idea. I doubt I'll ever be able to make any of these under ordinary circumstances, but I'll let you know if I'm down south for work at some point.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Hey, if there's a big meet at the end of summer, I'll risk crossing the canal in my bathtub to join all of you for a drink!

In any case, make sure to announce it in time. Who knows who might be able to turn up.

Here's some pics, I'll leave it to you to spot who is who, I'll give you one clue, I am holding the cake tin.Ealing-20130704-00175.jpgEaling-20130704-00177.jpg Monkey promised to write our adventures in the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tweetiti; 04-07-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Looks like you had fun. The food looks delicious too and I gather there was... cake?

It was great, and I enjoyed Munchkin a lot, although me and Monkey nearly strangled each other a few times

Keen to do it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Morning all, a busy day ahead so it come in spurts as it were...
    Condensed version: drink+ food + munchkin = draw
    Expanded version: wine + cider + diet coke + steak + seafood + burger + backstabbing + RAGE + death + clerics leveling up + sex change + dice = draw
    Proper version to come but I can already tell you are drooling in anticipation of the raw gory details of terror soaked tremblings...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Looks like you had fun. The food looks delicious too and I gather there was... cake?
    Yeah I provided the cakes, one banana and walnut, one clafouti (french cherry cake)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There was cake?
    And I missed it?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    one clafouti
    CLAFOUTI?! Damn. I love clafouti.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddin View Post
    CLAFOUTI?! Damn. I love clafouti.
    I googled it. Big mistake. Oh god the cravings...
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.