Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    (I went by the handle of Moonunit if that means anything to anyone)
    I remember the name, you wrote the NERD stories if I remember right? I joined Blue Tech late in beta and hung around for a while post release under the names Byron\Mylton. There were definately fun times back in the day (I remember Snowcrash taking us on a tour of sealed off locations late in Beta) and there were a lot of good people in the game.
    I'm not sure I'd want to go back for anything more than a quick tour of the city and maybe a trip out to Tech Haven if it's still out there, I was pretty burned out on the game by the time I left.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyL View Post
    I remember the name, you wrote the NERD stories if I remember right? I joined Blue Tech late in beta and hung around for a while post release under the names Byron\Mylton. There were definately fun times back in the day (I remember Snowcrash taking us on a tour of sealed off locations late in Beta) and there were a lot of good people in the game.
    I'm not sure I'd want to go back for anything more than a quick tour of the city and maybe a trip out to Tech Haven if it's still out there, I was pretty burned out on the game by the time I left.
    Still there, although they messed up the textures in Neocron '2' and it now looks like someone took a shit over the whole thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyL View Post
    I can't claim authorship for the NERD stories (I did write the original GMs guide though). If memory serves me correctly (I'm a little fuzzy on who did what these days) I believe that Reefsmoker was actually behind them. I used to organize the big mob spawn attacks outside the City gates towards the end of beta as well as take people to see the big yellow ball, which was a great little easter egg. Fun times. My love of the sushi continues.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I can't claim authorship for the NERD stories (I did write the original GMs guide though). If memory serves me correctly (I'm a little fuzzy on who did what these days) I believe that Reefsmoker was actually behind them. I used to organize the big mob spawn attacks outside the City gates towards the end of beta as well as take people to see the big yellow ball, which was a great little easter egg. Fun times. My love of the sushi continues.
    Ah I'm getting my GMs mixed up! The old stories (featuring both of us and a bunch of other names I'd forgotten) are here:
    http://neocron.jafc.de/archive/index.php/t-83121.html the author was Laemin.
    I remember the end of beta spawns, there was a big one in Pepper Park right at the end before the servers went down which might have been one of yours.
    For such a small game ex Neocron players do seem to pop up everywhere, it always seems to be remembered with roughly equal proportions of love and horror.

I'm surprised this is still active. I remember logging into my account 2 1/2 years ago and everything was basically empty, so I never really returned. Might give it another try now, switch to one of the English servers. This and Dark Age of Camelot were my first MMOs.

Can't really say I was very involved in the game, but I still managed to have a max level tank in nice power armor.
    Last edited by VileThings; 09-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Activated Node
    Great, I might consider on trying this one now.

Does anyone know what is up with their site and servers? I know they planned on moving the servers at some point, but if that is what's happening I'm surprised there is no announcement anywhere to be found.

EDIT: Ok, there's some info on their facebook page (didn't know they had one). Looks like they suffered from a DDoS attack and are working on restoring everything.
    Last edited by VileThings; 11-09-2012 at 07:54 AM.