Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation GUILD INTRODUCTION & INFORMATION [Sign Up Here!]

Hello! We here are a Pan-European collective of Beorn-a-likes, Gargantuan Kitties, Treebeard's lesser known cousins, Fleshy bipeds and animated Bobble-Heads who all worship at the altar of Horace, The Endless Bear. We've been around since day one of Guild Wars 2.

This guild is based on Gunnar's Hold (EU) we are led by Noaru. He is supported by several officers - myself (Krathor - a moderator here), Hawksbane, Jha4ceb, MonkeyMonster, Tweetiti, Xanadu and Squiz (also a moderator here). If you ever have an issue that you wish to discuss privately, please feel free to message us.

The guild itself is a fun-loving community of folks interested in all parts of the game. We frequently run dungeons, Fractals and even the odd PvE zone zerg together. Although Gunnar's Hold is our home, some of our 400 members are based on other servers and often guest over to PvE.

Additionally, [RPS] is a powerhouse in WvW and we've even been mentioned on the main Rock, Paper, Shotgun website!

The largest and most regular events that we hold are guild missions, which are every Sunday. You can always check here for the latest updates on these and other events – including meet-ups outside of the game!

We often work with the wider server community and you can register for access to Gunnar's Hold TeamSpeak here by making a request to join [RPS]. Through our close ties with the Gunnar's Hold community we have taken on huge dragons in PvE and conquered great castles in WvW.

Internally, we use Mumble regularly and the details of our server can be found in-game, by pressing 'G' once you're in the guild and representing.

Does all that sound good to you? Great because we have free spaces in the guild! If you wish to join please express your interest below and don't forget to add your ArenaNet ID with the 4 numbers at the end – e.g. Krathor.9514. We currently do not have any strict requirements for joining the guild, but we do ask that you participate in events occasionally.

We only have one rule: Be excellent to each other.

Thanks for reading and please remember to post below if you would like to join the guild or if you have any questions!
    Last edited by Krathor; 28-09-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

What is this guild bank and how can I use it?
    A few words from your friendly management. A post originally by Noaru with contributions from MonkeyMonster and I.

Where is it?
    The guild bank can be found in all capital cities and upgraded WvW keeps by talking to the NPC with the open chest icon above its head. They're usually next to the regular personal bank NPCs.

What's in it?
    It has three sections, the lowest of which are accessible by all members of the guild, from Bear Cubs to Paws of Horace.

The Guild Stash, the first tab, is restricted to the officers. Anybody can place items in it and if you wish to donate anything of value to the guild, we strongly suggest you place it there or mail to an officer. We would always appreciate a few elder logs and mithril ore to help upgrade the standard rams etc. into superior versions for WvWing.

The Treasure Trove and Deep Cave hold food, potions and other items that should be useful for leveling, running dungeons or just being silly. All members have full access here and please do use.

Can I have "item X"?
    The answer in most cases is yes! If you need something from the Guild Stash, please contact an officer and they will be happy to help you.

In line with our rule of "Be excellent to each other"; please be reasonable when withdrawing from the guild bank, the items are there for everybody to use - and try to give back to the guild whenever you can.

Please contact any of the guild officers in case you have questions or think someone is not acting in a way that keeps the
    Endless One smiling.
    Last edited by Krathor; 13-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Obscure Node
    Hey there. Im looking to join your Guild after my current one fizzled out unfortunately. I am currently on Seafarers Rest and would like to guest over to Gunnar's Hold for events if thats cool. My arena net ID: nibor.6728.
    Thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Welcome indeed Nibor, more than welcome and no doubt one of the officers will (or already) has lobbed you an invite. We will be running some guild missions and likely some living story on wed night if you can make it - 8.30 gmt.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Obscure Node
    Hello everyone,

Arena net name: Liska.6238
    Server: Gunnar's Hold
    Time zone: GMT +1
    Play time: Evenings, afternoons, weekends.
    Main: Sylvari elementalist (Aliksanne) (lv 80)

I am a newer player of Guild Wars 2. I have bought the game a year ago, but never plaid it, now I have literally swooped to level 80 in no time at all. I found the game greatly enjoyable and was extremely pleased it was actually skill based to a degree, which is, after all the WoWs and AoCs, something totally different.

After reaching 80 I have completely lost focus and I have searched for a guild to join and have some fun with for a week now. It is amazing how hard it is to find a guild that is willing to do anything but hardcore PvP, with an attitude where you are allowed to occasionally do something you actually want. I believe that RpS is the guild for me after doing some research.

I have not posted any guild applications so far, so you do not have to worry I will fall off the map once I am invited somewhere else. And I mainly play this game for camaraderie. I have been very active on the wow scene, even maintained a guild as second in command a few years back, but then burned out and I never want to be obligated to play again. I already have a job, thank you .

What you can expect of me is a casual player that tries to be fun to play with, who is not extremely active, but active enough (3 days a week for sure). I am willing to adapt as far as possible and do try to increase my skill. I am interested in PvP and PvE, although I have heard a lot of negative things about PvP, but have not tried it any way yet. It feels empty running around with people you do not know.

What I expect of the guild is a mature attitude and as little obligation as the guild activities permit. I am not very interested in progression per se, but rather in playing with mature people who like to have fun while playing (and also progressing). I have little patience for youthful exuberance, as cute as it may be, I have had very poor experience with such things in my previous encounters with it in MMO situations.

I hope my application tells enough about me for you to make a decision. Be it a positive or a negative one. I will see you in the game.

(And kick your ass if you boot me.)
    (Or kick ass with you if you don't.)
    ( )
    Last edited by Liska; 04-03-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Your research was spot on, you'll find a great community in RPS. We're quite laid-back and casual, so there's nothing that you have to do. You get to play the game as you like, find some friendly banter in /g and the occasional events (such as guild missions, forays into WvW and dungeons/fractals/livingstory etc).

I've been through the WoW experience, including being and officer in a rather focused raiding guild, so I can relate with your story quite well.

Thanks for the detailed application and welcome to the guild! If you don't get an invite tonight, please poke any of the officers (listed in the first post) with a sharp stick until they click that button in-game.

(can't boot you if you're not in the guild. so we'll first invite you and then boot you )
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    (can't boot you if you're not in the guild. so we'll first invite you and then boot you )
    I like the way you think
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I like the way you think
    You just like boots, kinkier the better - that's for Noaru btw
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Obscure Node
    User: HermitUK.3456

Been playing GW2 on and off since launch. Came back for the Lion's Arch stuff and fancied sticking around for the upcoming WvW tournament, and I figured RPS would be an excellent bunch to run with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    you have no idea.

an invite will be forthcoming when one of the guild officers (probably not me to be realistic), is online.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

There isn't a US based guild, is there?
    the US isn't very fun~

Depending on the time you play, there may very well be active RPS players. Especially on the weekends. I think most events will be when it's morning time in the US, so it might work for you.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

User: stuartreid.5201

Hi, this is my first MMO, only started playing at the weekend and I'm pretty hooked, and would love to get involved with a guild. As I'm very new I'm not sure how much I can contribute, but I'll be around most Sundays for events etc, and I'll probably be around most nights if only for a couple of hours. wvwvw looks amazing if a bit daunting, so playing with a guild looks like the way to go.

welcome, the good thing about a guild is that during your early time it can help you. Then when you know everything you can pass your knowledge on to others.

One of the officers will pop you an invite when they are back from work.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    welcome, the good thing about a guild is that during your early time it can help you. Then when you know everything you can pass your knowledge on to others.

One of the officers will pop you an invite when they are back from work.
    Brilliant, cheers. I should be on tonight when I get back from work, so I'll keep an eye out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Invited!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Obscure Node
    Hey,

I would like to join your guild because of bears.
    Pyrios recommended me to you guys after me saying that i would like to be in a guild.
    my ID slaymaker.9407

Invite has been sent out, Badgerking. Welcome to the guild and see you in-game!

I've tried to edit the OP to reflect this, but for some reason it just brings up a blank box when I try?
    Guild Wars 2:

mwhahaha, you thought you had deposed me, but that is impossible.