Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    warrior is ez mode with endure pain.
    what sort of class is given 5 second total invulnerability with no downside?
    you can just unleash dps at will.
    couple this with a transform - cancelled avatar of melandru 20 sec stability boon ... you're pretty much a god for 5 second. That's enough time to inflict tremendous pain after a portal bomb.

I'm a level 15 warrior [just started saturday] - The greatsword is amazing, but I don't know much about what I should be doing in regards to Skill and trait selections, I've just picked fun things.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    I'm a level 15 warrior [just started saturday] - The greatsword is amazing, but I don't know much about what I should be doing in regards to Skill and trait selections, I've just picked fun things.
    The greatsword is a popular choice, yes. There are some obvious traits that go well together with most weapons, like weapon skill cooldown reductions or +% damage with that weapon.

For PvE, I like to use the trait that gives you a few second of quickness if you hit a foe with less than 25% (I think it is 25%, could be less). Hit a group of mobs with one guy that is low on health for maximum fun. It's also great for bosses. Also remember that you've got a second weapon set that can complement your first set. One-handed sword and shield or warhorn work well in my experience.

Yeah, I'm nonplussed about PVP yet. That's something I'll respec for at max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    damnit every time I look at this thread, I just think the names wrong.

it should read ' because there can be only one'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Yeah, I'm nonplussed about PVP yet. That's something I'll respec for at max level.
    For sPvP you can respec on the fly: you have a separate spec and gear for this mode. So no need to wait for max level.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Ahha, resurrection!

So i've been trying to nail my setup too because it seems to be what you should do once played it a while.

Atm I am doing 4 signets and power shout with greatsword and gun. Now also have a hammer as its quite fun tbh - I've not wanted to dual wield at all so much so I still haven't got all bonuses for dual wielding

He's a big norn and uses big tools!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was going to bump this monkey after other class threads had risen from the grave, you beat me to it.

After this weeks nerfs I'm not sure what the zerky PvE dungeon build of choice is now. I'm trying 30/25/0/0/15 (was 20/25/0/10/15), but losing vitality has hurt a bit and I'm less durable, and DPS has gone down with the trait changes. Dont want to go back to the tanky shout build I used to run but we'll see.

Not convinced about signet build Monkey - this for PVE?
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

There's a thread on Reddit advocating 30-0-0-10-30....

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ter_25th_june/

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Not convinced about signet build Monkey - this for PVE?
    yeah primarily, banners are all well and good but not *that* useful in wvw as people move around too much unless I sit n shoot from a single spot.

I'm running 30/30/0/0/10 I think with the signet mastery too and the precision boost for unused signets too.

Healing
    Fury
    Might
    Stamina (primarily for the dispell) or the power shout
    Rage

So I can get 200 precision boost with those 5 bad boys.

Still unsure whether to ruby orb all my armour or bother with runes tbh. It (funnily enough) is just a toss up between higher power or precision with runes and a bit of both with ruby orbs...

Will be on later first time with patch so will see how the changes affect me...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Obscure Node
    I really should work this out rather than just picking things that look shiny!
    GW2: Chaktar | Dallana Tark | Dalaq | Dalltar | ?

Doh, just realised I was misusing my grandmaster skill on strength tier - bugger. Added in the physical trait bonus but then I don't use any... Might do the vitality bonus instead...
    Useful site that build editor - but presume it hasn't been updated yet.

Just thought I would chime in with my 2 cents since I struggled with an enjoyable build for ages. Rocksaw my warrior is currently running 0,30,20,0,20 with full zerker with super runes of Melandru using axe + shield/GS. Utilities are Bulls Charge, Balanced Stance, Endure Pain + Signet of Rage.
    I tend to stick to WvW with my warrior and I am having a blast with it, especially with the ridiculous damage from the axe burst skill.
    I don't find survivability to tricky since the shields block and endure pain are nice in a sticky situation.

Anyway that my personal choices which I am currently loving
    GW2 - Koyne / Gold Koyne / Rocksaw

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm going to try moving away from GS for a bit to get used to axe more. Will keep GS in pack if needed for mobility, but axe/mace seems to be as good for damage ATM. Thoughts on second weapon set? Haven't used shield much, never used horn but tempted by condition removal, unsure about hammer...
    will probably try 30/0/0/10/30
    Just pve dungeons/fracs.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Yeah, I've been reading that the AxeMace/GS swap strategy doesn't necessarily gain you any DPS over sticking with Axe now.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Yeah, I've been reading that the AxeMace/GS swap strategy doesn't necessarily gain you any DPS over sticking with Axe now.
    Hard to believe, what are you doing while your stuff is on cooldown? Swap runes and Hundred Blades plus Whirl are just so good. Was that on reddit, Saph?

Edit: To clarify, I usually go #2 then #4 in A/M, maybe #5 for interruption, swap, #2 into #3 GS, try to cancel into A/M, start over with an autoattack chain and Eviscerate in A/M before swapping yet again.
    Last edited by Squiz; 29-06-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Axe auto attack does great damage, so you spam 1 when the rest are on cook down. Dull but effective. GS is good for mobility, whirlwind attack is a fantastic dodge, but for DPS axe is as good. It's good to have options in 2nd weapon set - GS for mobility, horn for cond removal, shield for defense, rifle for ranged.

I agree it's somewhat hard to believe, but this isn't the first time I've heard it. I guess the axe autoattack chain is supposed to be good enough to fill the cooldown gap. The discussion is partway down on this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ter_25th_june/

Part of the concern seems to be that you're wasting DPS if you fail to land a full 100b. That seems right. But I agree with the guy who says that you just don't swap into GS if you won't be able to land a full attack. Also whirlwind is a very useful evade. Nevertheless it seems that axe MH is at least the default weapon now, with GS only being worth switching into for 100b and whirlwind (plus perhaps the occasional Rush for getting around)

I'd Need to see some numbers to get it I guess. Axe #1 was so good dps because it was frontloaded with damage and you cooldown cancel the chain after the first attack. I also like the chance to inflict extra vulnerability on GS. Whirl into walls is also good damage. And of course GS is what you use for getting around. Just Switch A/M for S/H while running.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Never used sword past unlocking the skills. Will try without GS for a bit, and not only because folk were rude about my naff GS skin yesterday. (Not spending on aesthetics until all toons properly geared, and I have a LOT of alts...)