Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yeah it's CoF, CoE and Arah tokens for berserker gear.

Another option is WvW badges of honor.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Been looking at tweaking my Warriors Axe build for the upcoming assaults on Arah and dungeon speedruns (see Dungeon Master thread). Up to now been running a 30/0/0/10/30 build Axe/Mace with either GS or LB.
    Some interesting discussion here:
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...actals-101513/
    (updated after this weeks patch which moved Empower Allies to a tier 2 trait, not that I had it as Mira is way too selfish a cat for that)
    Think I need to move my sigils around - currently have bloodlust on my mace, but given I'm downed relatively frequently stacking bloodlust is probably a waste, so will probably invest in a sigil of battle instead and try to swap weapons more frequently. They're pricey, as I found out when I bought one for my ele some months ago, but better than gambling my money in the forge I guess.

Also GuanglaiKangyi (is that Malawi's favourite buildmeister?) has an empower allies build arguing precisely the opposite...
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...dungeon-build/
    Not entirely sure about this one though, so think I'll stick with the other.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

This one's worth looking at, too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iim_7uqpBZ0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I can see that but not being to quite so easily obtain all the items that allow him to tweak to those scores I will likely stay with (for the moment) what I've loosely calculated as being the best for me (plus play style).

Food is really rather important when trying to nail efficiency and the benefits that good food choices can bring is can be interesting.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I enjoyed a hammer warrior in WvW today. It's fun to just run around and do things without worrying about dying. I understand now why everyone is playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I enjoyed a hammer warrior in WvW today. It's fun to just run around and do things without worrying about dying. I understand now why everyone is playing it.
    F1 can be devastating in both attack and defence if zerg crushes when capping/blocking.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

So fo WvW is there a deal in bringing pvt weapons as well? If you're not running zerker is there much point in speccing anything for crit chance n dmg or just vit and toughness?
    Or power, vit and crit dmg is workable for those times you can hit - if you are high frequency or still worth more to sit and swing for longer with more hp?

Depends on just how tanky you want to be and how much free bag space you have to carry around multiple weapon sets as well as multiple armor sets.

But if you're getting a hammer it may as well have tanky stats since you aren't going to be using it in PvE.

I've been running this build recently: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQ...T5iIqWKgRFGB-e
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jme_2kUY3eM

It's very useful. I like that it opens up a weapon slot for another offhand (or longbow). It fits me really well because I only switch to warrior when there's none in the group, so I don't have to worry about Empower Allies overlapping.

Edit: Also note banner damage increase numbers. 15-20% partywide DPS boost for Banner of Discipline, 6-9% for Banner of Strength. Remember that if you ever find yourself "forgetting" banners on a run.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 28-02-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I've been running this build recently: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQ...T5iIqWKgRFGB-e
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jme_2kUY3eM

It's very useful. I like that it opens up a weapon slot for another offhand (or longbow). It fits me really well because I only switch to warrior when there's none in the group, so I don't have to worry about Empower Allies overlapping.

Edit: Also note banner damage increase numbers. 15-20% partywide DPS boost for Banner of Discipline, 6-9% for Banner of Strength. Remember that if you ever find yourself "forgetting" banners on a run.
    Hmm, very similar to mine tbh but I run the extra 10 (as it were) on discipline not tactics for sharpened axes. Given you are running just two signets does the recharge boost make enough of a bonus over something else? I used to run with fgj as well but siddled over to signets when pve soloing but tbh, pretty much do use banners when dungeoning/fractals these days.

edit: this is pretty much what I (will) run http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIQQNAn...AgDAuOQGg8xA-e when just in melee, when needing ranged I'd swap in gun with bloodlust
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 28-02-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: build link

Empower allies is the entire point of the build, so I wouldn't remove it. The points in discipline won't benefit you much unless you use Eviscerate on cooldown, which is unsavoury and clashes with Berserker's Power. You'd switch out the signet trait for something else if you're using Warbanner instead of Signet of Rage (you never activate healing signet). Doesn't really matter what.

For solo PvE/second warriors you should look at this build instead, which was linked above: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...actals-101513/
    You can switch out the utilites for signets for open world if you want.

What do you actually mean by "use eviscerate on cooldown" - it's a phrase I've seen the template of before but not sure exactly - does it mean using it before it's fully charged?

Good point on the switcheroo of warbanner v RAGE (28 days later ref btw) and I try not to use the healing signet but sometimes I am with lazy guardians/engineers/mesmers who don't heal me the tardy goofballs.

Interesting point that chaps raises in that the power raise of the empower allies is actually superior to the sharpened axes..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd been considering this, more often than not I'm the only warrior in a fractal run, unless I'm with squirrel, and I dislike spending half my time with GS when I have Frostfang to show off. I am a huge fan of fast hands though. I have sigil of battle on my mace which I like the might from, and the mace cool downs are long enough it is good to swap. Also with 3 banners and FGJ im pretty low on defense, no stun break, so very reliant on dodges. Maybe if in a team with enough vulnerability I could drop 5 out of arms onto discipline for fast hands, to make more use of war horn for weakness/vigor?
    Couple of other tweaks - I tend to prefer healing surge to the signet (I know the signet is better mathematically, but I get hit too often and sometimes need a big heal!), and usually run with the rez-banner rather than the elite signet (it fits the team support role better too) especially in fractals/Arah, so no need for signet cooldown trait. Also I couldnt afford runes of the scholar and am rarely at >90% health so will keep the ruby orbs until after the balance fix. SO something like:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIQQRBH...KXER1kCYUhRA-e
    Last edited by Xanadu; 28-02-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

What do you actually mean by "use eviscerate on cooldown" - it's a phrase I've seen the template of before but not sure exactly - does it mean using it before it's fully charged?
    No, it just means using it whenever. This difference isn't exactly what I was talking about.

I use Healing Surge to fill up adrenaline for the fire field. It's funny to me that you would reason to pick Fast Hands because of your swap sigil, when you could have axe/warhorn & longbow to switch to for a rotation with a fire field and 9 might stacks (with a banner 5) for the entire party instead of 3 for yourself. If you need extra defense, sword offhand is probably the way to go.

Hmmm, so I hadn't processed (mentally) beserkers power that much as a mechanic that actually means you should fight with it full - not fill it quickly to then use with eviscerate. Though of course now thinking about it I should fight with with it full for as long as I can and resist using f1 ever... Or at least where I can fill it v quickly again and carry on using the bonus again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Good point on the fire field Malawi. I tried a few months back to run with the bow for fire fields and didn't get the rotation going well, but shall give it another try. If I do, then do you think the fast hands is helpful, so I'm not in longbow longer than needed to go F1, 3, F to pick up banner and 5 to drop it?

Shall post here when I have practiced.

It might be a good idea if nobody in the party knows about blast finishers or has a fire field at all to use. Otherwise I'd go with the vuln. You can still switch to longbow and do that if you'd move out of melee range anyway, but not as part of a rotation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Staying out of melee range was a requirement at times yesterday, so long bow came in useful. Think the empower allies worked well when we were able to stack, but the explosions and knockbacks made that hard. Will keep this build for a bit and see how I like it in a more regular setting.

So... was running dual axe, gs build with the build that pretty much mimic'd your suggestion malawi using 2 banners and great justice. Not sure if I fell more or less often or did more or less damage - actually that's a lie. Keeping full adrenaline did indeed seem to allow for higher numbers and I was switching far more often than previously to maximise 100 blades and axe 5 which were both doing lots of high figure dps.

So jury hasn't reached a majority verdict yet but they aren't stalemated for sure, ta.

So of course as I slowly sail towards the promised land that Malawi has pretty much deforested trying to get me to see the signal fires for my safe return... If I keep the adrenaline up to use berserker power better - I don't need an easy rebuilder - ie axe 5, which although fast (15) hits does do a reasonable level of damage quickly would likely be better served perhaps being something else that can bring other things to le table - like a mace perhaps

I hate humble pie, especially when force fed...