Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    To follow up, here's something that will blow your mind if you're a complete sperg:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ll2dXedsxw

Basically, I can now use my lovestruck greatsword with an EA build.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So GS and Axe are balanced now. That is good. Presumably GS has the edge when you can whirl into a wall? Or was that assumed. Shall go look at details. Thx
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Yes, these are numbers without a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Guanglai Kangyi
    I’m talking to Nike right this instant and we are in agreement. Basically, before you sell your axes, keep in mind that:
    1) GS is best when the target is walled. Walled WWA makes GS the best DPS option by a fairly large margin (about 10% more than axe).
    2) Pure GS is basically equal to pure axe IF you do not wall AND instead do a max range WWA AND the target is bigger than human size. If you space it right you can get all four hits on a larger-than-normal target, but you will end up outside of melee range so you will need to take an extra half second to run back. Any difference in DPS is basically nonexistent and dependent on how you choose to run the numbers. In my spreadsheet Axe is actually higher by like .02%, in Nike’s GS is higher by 1%.
    3) If you CANNOT get all 4 hits of WWA for ANY reason, pure axe is better by a fairly significant margin.
    Personally I’d say that if you want to take just one spread and not have to change constantly, 6/6/0/2/0 with Dual Wielding, Slashing Power, Forceful Greatsword, and Dual Wield Agility is your best bet. That way you can take both A/M and GS and swap depending on whether WWA works or not. You will get max DPS on the GS setup and the Axe setup loses about 4% DPS, so it’s not a bad trade-off.
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 27-04-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is fairly comprehensive:
    http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comp...de-by-element/

Looks like there will be one per class eventually
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    This is fairly comprehensive:
    http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comp...de-by-element/

Looks like there will be one per class eventually
    Wowser... Goes to look at which are the "night" dungeons.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Arah, CM and hotw are day.
    I use night/force for the rest, force/bandit for CM, force/undead for Arah (bandit and undead sigils are cheap so I swap into my 2nd GS as required. Was also good for boom boom...)
    hotw has 2 types of enemies, so just stick with force usually.
    some fracs are day too, but again use bandit (cliff or aether) as the others (molten, ascalon, reactor and uncategorised) don't have a good slaying sigil.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 30-06-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Best skill in the game? The 4 on GS for warriors! Nothing as satisfying as throwing your big-ass 2hander and seeing 2 huge crits on some critter running by!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And back to fast hands GS/Axe/Mace.
    Vulnerability beats empower allies, apparently, as it is rarely capped except with an engi

Isn't this where we started months ago?
    http://www.dtguilds.com/mobile/forum...92/id/12497977

Alles geht, alles kommt zurück; ewig rollt das Rad des Seins.

I haven't actually played warrior in ages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    well it makes the play a bit more interesting - GS involves pressing 2 occasionally and axe 1 a lot, this way the rotation gets mixed up some more. That said, we've had a few more warriors in guild groups recently, so have had a chance to play Ele more

Hopefully GS also involved pressing 3, 4 and 5 from time to time! Can't say that it's an issue for me, I didn't really bother to adapt to the pure GS meta apart from redistributing trait points.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJAT...EAAPCASBIoyI-e

So this is my teq specific build for traits mostly but I run it with my pvt trinkets (bar zerker necklace) and hammer n bow from wvw. Basically I never even remotely get close to <50% health let alone 75 and only ran away once in fear before I use a skill otherwise it was all automatically handled.

Actually rather solid and could well be good in a wvw zerg. However please try it out doing teq.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away