Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Interesting that Runes of Strength have indeed risen in price quite a bit. Still Scholar seems to be better in organized play (and this is where we're trying to get to, right?).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You still want Scholar on warrior, I think. Elementalist and engineer should go for Strength (due to fixed in-combat might stacking rotations).

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I'll save up for nother set of scholar for el warrior - he has rubies atm. Does seem to work for the guardo.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ruby Orbs are unfortunately dead now. Time to get crafting some scholars...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    What's happened to ruby orbs?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    afaik really easy to transform as a jeweller - has the ferocity change badly affected them?
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Was +20 power, +14 precision, +2% crit;
    now +20 power, +14 precision, +14 ferocity
    At level 80, every 15 points of ferocity adds 1% to the character's critical damage, so crit damage boost is halved...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Was +20 power, +14 precision, +2% crit;
    now +20 power, +14 precision, +14 ferocity
    At level 80, every 15 points of ferocity adds 1% to the character's critical damage, so crit damage boost is halved...
    I still had 212% crit dmg boost I think on le norno last - that seemed nice...

Sure, but everything with ferocity on it (e.g. scholar runes) has undergone a similar nerf. It is comparatively worse for ruby orbs?

Ruby orbs were never good.

They were never *best*. They were acceptable.

*gets popcorn*

A shout from the off: "Cage fight, cage fight!"

I know better than to enter a cage fight with Malawi...

*throws his popcorn at the bobblehead in disgust*

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sure, but everything with ferocity on it (e.g. scholar runes) has undergone a similar nerf. It is comparatively worse for ruby orbs?
    At the risk of turning into Malawi it is comparatively much worse for ruby orbs
    6 Orbs - power 120, Prec 84, Ferocity 84 (crit +5.7) - patch gives -6.3% crit
    6 scholar - power 175, ferocity 100 (crit 6.7), +10% above 90% health - patch gives +10 power, -1.3% crit

I agree with Saf that before they were acceptable, particularly for those like myself that were often below 90% health
    Now they are significantly worse than any of the power sets.
    I'm getting out of the cage now before Malawi pins me in the corner and FGSs me

I don't actually do math myself. Out of principle.

VERY IMPORTANT: Deep Strike is bugged and gives you the Signet of Might effect instead of the precision buff, and the buff persists until map change even if you change the trait. Abuse it while it lasts.

I posted the warrior effects scholars had v rubies.

Really wish we had trait templates. The assistive warrior build v 2ndry dps quick switch would be handy. Might have to get an undead sigil for the 2nd axe I have for all those arah runs I do... Or tequatl I suppose.