Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You can use warhorn to get there faster if you like.

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    You can use warhorn to get there faster if you like.
    Need a like button for this - you cheeky bugger.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Mace is best DPS, good for vuln and knockdowns.
    I'm using Warhorn a lot atm (next on my list for ascended crafting) for extra (group) dodges via vigor and it's nudged ahead of mace in my use. Or consider sword for blocks.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Need a like button for this - you cheeky bugger.
    there's a report button, it's almost the same.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Mace is best DPS, good for vuln and knockdowns.
    I'm using Warhorn a lot atm (next on my list for ascended crafting) for extra (group) dodges via vigor and it's nudged ahead of mace in my use. Or consider sword for blocks.
    So I might now have two axes. One to add undeath runes *just* for arah and gatherning missions to orr...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Aw, Malawi has a protégé! ;D
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

I am obliged to say, for the record, that longbow is vastly more useful than rifle.

I am obliged to say, for the record, that longbow is vastly more useful than rifle.
    Of course, I find it slower to fire and there is some ludicrous about a full plate armoured dude with a bow v an ancient rifle I generally longbow in wvw for the area effect 3 and special.

As for the melee changes n trait switching - its sad to remind myself that the gs juts dolls out shit loads more dmg than pretty much anything else.

So I bothered to actually work out today what all the fuss (well part of) was to do with stacking might and these things called fire fields.
    Longbow 3 creates a fire field which if allies sit in it, gives them 3 stacks of might for 20 seconds... Consecutive fields add another stack, plus boon durations affect these too.

Now I understand why there was a certain sarcasm/expectant voice sometimes on comms when I was there and I heard "I thought *someone* would have brought a fire field".

So presuming that a prime reason why lb is better than rifle is almost purely for that point?

The adrenaline skill is a fire field. Longbow 3 is a blast finisher. A blast finisher in a fire field gives 5 people 3 stacks of might. Generally elementalist, guardian or engineer should provide a fire field before the warrior since you have to use adrenaline.

I assume you actually meant that the Longbow burst skill creates a fire field that can be blasted using Longbow-3 for might stacks. And also the others would blast using Banner-5 skill.

LE: Malawi was faster... got derailed by emails while writing this.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

The adrenaline skill is a fire field. Longbow 3 is a blast finisher. A blast finisher in a fire field gives 5 people 3 stacks of might. Generally elementalist, guardian or engineer should provide a fire field before the warrior since you have to use adrenaline.
    ahh right, yes. but it remains. Is that the core reason why you see longbow as better than rifle?

It is one of multiple reasons. The blast finisher is a big one though, as you can use it in multiple situations (smoke and water fields for example), and it provides a blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    It is one of multiple reasons. The blast finisher is a big one though, as you can use it in multiple situations (smoke and water fields for example), and it provides a blind.
    I saw the cross over with water produces might instead of healing I think. It's these "little" details that can you make you more effective. Good thing i've lots of spirit wood to make an ascended bow... oh wait.

You'd be amazed, there is a whole world waiting to be discovered!

Here's something new: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...actals-101513/

Main Warrior(i.e. Empower Allies): 20/30/0/20/0 Pure Axe
    DPS Warrior: 30/30/0/10/0 Pure Axe

Throw out your greatswords!

(No, still keep them for running)
    Last edited by Malawi Frontier Guard; 16-04-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Here's something new: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...actals-101513/

Main Warrior(i.e. Empower Allies): 20/30/0/20/0 Pure Axe
    DPS Warrior: 30/30/0/10/0 Pure Axe

Throw out your greatswords!

(No, still keep them for running)
    So my dual axe warrior can make a triumphant return WOoohoooo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    That's Axe/Mace, Monkey Pure axe just means no switching to greatsword, I think. I think I'll be playing my warrior more now that he too has a Moot...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    That's Axe/Mace, Monkey Pure axe just means no switching to greatsword, I think. I think I'll be playing my warrior more now that he too has a Moot...
    Lies, your jealously of my twin ascended axes will not stop me! I'll rotate between twin axes and sword/mace

If you want to use Whirling Axe, play a thief. Theirs is way better.