Network Hub

digital magazines

In my quest to rid my cramped apartment of clutter I've pledged to buy no more content published on paper or plastic, opting for digital versions wherever possible. Between MP3s and ebooks I've got this down pretty well except for magazines. Living in Canada our selection pales in comparison to what's available in the USA and even England in many cases.

I found a good price for Maximum PC ($11/year for 13 issues) on zinio.com which has a good selection of issues, back-issues, and subscriptions, and is readable on the web and on iOS and Android. So far so good. They have PC Gamer's UK edition for $40 which isn't unreasonable so I'm considering replacing my beloved, essential PC Gamer USA subscription with that when it lapses this year.

Does anyone have any experience with digital magazines? Has it been pleasurable and convenient? Any recommendations for services? My personal needs are for PC and smartphone (I own an Android tablet but never use it) but for the sake of discussion feel free to mention any services for any platforms.

Network Hub
    One thing I'm really liking about digital magazines is hyperlinking. This makes it handy to skip to an article in the table of contents or visit a URL without having to memorize a tinyurl address.

Obscure Node
    You can create digital flash magazine by yourself.
    I convert my PDF or photos to flash magazine by flip book maker.
    I use this tool http://www.kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker/
    It's free in the first month. If you want to continue to use it, you have to pay.
    Good luck to you.

I did get digital versions of Wired and Time when I subscribed to them. Installed the app on my iPad but never really got around to using them much. I defenitely prefer the paper-variety, maybe because I read so much stuff on the internet(RPS, various forums), it's nice to get away from it and leaf through a magazine inbetween.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Late reply, but I had a subscription to .net magazine (web design) on zinio for a year or so. I'd say that it was ok, but you'd need a tablet with an ipad size screen for it to be worth it. I had it on my smartphone and my desktop pc, and I never found it particluarly easy/comforable/enjoyable to read... so i only read about half the magazines. Comfortable tablet reading only, i'd say.

(it didn't help that most of the content was available for free on their website).

Obscure Node
    You can use kvisoft flip book maker. It may save your space.
    Go to kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker/