Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    So, I'd like our local bandit input on this thing I though out. Trait's mostly, since I'm not thinking about equipment just yet:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYMQ...U/DkVrAN7UcVtC
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    So, I'd like our local bandit input on this thing I though out. Trait's mostly, since I'm not thinking about equipment just yet:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYMQ...U/DkVrAN7UcVtC
    Basilisk venom is a complete waste unless you're in a group and have venomous aura. Otherwise it only lasts for a single second.

Double pistols are woefully underpowered. They can only hit one enemy at a time for less than the shortbow with roughly the same fire rate, and blindness doesn't work on champion enemies.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Basilisk venom is a complete waste unless you're in a group and have venomous aura. Otherwise it only lasts for a single second.

Double pistols are woefully underpowered. They can only hit one enemy at a time for less than the shortbow with roughly the same fire rate, and blindness doesn't work on champion enemies.
    I'm pretty sure double pistols can hit more than one person with Unload, they just have to be standing in a line. Like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Network Hub
    You can, of course, combine it with cluster bomb for aoe-petrification.

Also, in PvP it is the shit!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    You can, of course, combine it with cluster bomb for aoe-petrification.
    Yes, but that's still less effective than crippling them because it doesn't last long enough. But if you're in a group and have venom sharing... That's a huge game-changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacero View Post
    I'm pretty sure double pistols can hit more than one person with Unload, they just have to be standing in a line. Like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
    I have never seen that happen. Are you sure one didn't die in the barrage and the bullets hit the next target?

Activated Node
    I have never seen that happen. Are you sure one didn't die in the barrage and the bullets hit the next target?

Yeah, I think they backed off. I payed attention today and it just hits the first target. Sometimes they're so close the one in front changes a lot and it looks like it hits both

Though I'm wondering if there are two hit lines, one from each pistol. I've not been able to test that well yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacero View Post
    Yeah, I think they backed off. I payed attention today and it just hits the first target. Sometimes they're so close the one in front changes a lot and it looks like it hits both

Though I'm wondering if there are two hit lines, one from each pistol. I've not been able to test that well yet.
    Damn. That would have been a great skill for pistol packing thieves, something equivalent to the shortbow's ability to bounce regular arrows off three targets at a time 100% of the time. As things are now there's only a major trait that lets you ricochet pistol shots, but only a measly 5% of the time.

They need to take thieves and pistols back to the drawing board because you're at a huge disadvantage using them instead of a shortbow right now.

Activated Node
    They need to take thieves and pistols back to the drawing board because you're at a huge disadvantage using them instead of a shortbow right now.
    I'm offended by the way the arrow spirals around in flight.
    But, I usually use dual knives and lots of disposable thieves as chaff. Only when it gets a bit too scary I jump back and switch to dual pistols.

Network Hub
    Same here. When playing the Thief profession, I often used pistol when retreating instead of dagger.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I cant believe how long it is since the Thief class thread was used...
    Anyhow - thiefy Ohara hit 80 yesterday so I thought I'd get views on a roamy WvW build for her.
    Goal was to make use of the 2 Ascended Carrion weapon boxes I acquired.
    Current thinking is something like:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYEQNAq...YGzER1CBoYNA-w
    but I am not going to invest too much in runes until I see the changes in 5 weeks..
    Any thoughts?
    Second point for this long dead thread, Thieves seem increasingly useful in high end dungeons/fracs yet we have comparatively few of them in guild. What build is good for a swap in thief for those times you need to skip in Arah/Dredge? (note - dont let Saf do this if he's opened instance)
    Last edited by Xanadu; 10-02-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added infusions
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

I do have a level 80 Thief but haven't bothered gearing past the usual Exotic zerker setup with Ascended trinkets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You might want to have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDLqBlH-YTM

I started the game as a thief because I love spies and experts (not the general MMO archetype, though). I can solo most exploration stuff, but I feel I really don't add much to groups. The newest gear additions don't help, either. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Thieves add a lot to fractals groups, at least.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Obscure Node
    WOO; I might be able to contribute something

Ohara: the wvw build looks pretty good, I'd consider swapping out sahdow arts 8 (gain stealth on steal) with shadow arts 4 (cleanse conditions while in stealth). The build has very little to offer against condis apart from somewhat high health (for a thief anyway) and with the dagger offhand you could precast cloak and dagger before stealing and gain back 4 of the 6 initiative you spent (2 for entering stealth and 2 for stealing).
    I'd also swap out caltrops for skale venom to load up conditions faster and to not have to rely on players staying in the caltrops field.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks Sean. Will be taking into the mists tonight hopefully (if my armour buy orders came in) and will try out your suggestions. I like the scale venom one as it would be good not to rely on bleeds for everything. Will report back below.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some thief pve stuff here from those helpful chaps at DNT.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._and_fractals/
    now that one thief is kitted out in conditions for wvw I'll work on the other for dungeon runs, with something like this and the tips posted earlier.