Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what's his game?
    Ben Kane - game is DLC Quest

http://twitter.com/benkane

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by allanschnorr View Post
    I didn't really liked the list of games approved today. Three tower defenses and three MMO's plus Dragon's Lair and great games still being ignored. Valve could at least do something to have a selection more diverse. The games they picked in the past were more diverse than what they are greenlighting.
    They have a solution to that - they allow people to list games in EVERY GENRE - so they can choose what they like :)

Just out of curiosity, what's his game?
    I'd like to know, as well.

EDIT: Oh, it's up two posts.

I loved DLC Quest. It was hilarious, if a bit short. I don't get why they wouldn't want it, unless they're planning a DLC revolution. :P

As usual, the lesser popular genres get no recognition.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    I don't get why they wouldn't want it
    It was hilarious, if a bit short.
    By which I mean it was ridiculously short.
    It takes me longer to make a ham&cheese sandwich, plus it has no replayability whatsoever.
    Plus I take offense by you implying someone is putting words into my mouth, how dare you!
    *cough*

/10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    *cough*

/10char
    Bear in mind Valve have said it's not about what people think - just the number of people who whack the 'GIVE ME THIS' button...

They give stats from that button to developers to egg them on

They then, apparently, ignore this completely - wtg there!

Dragons Lair

FUCKING DRAGONS LAIR!?

Sorry but there's something sorely awry there - see also Primordia and Darkfall (which had been on Greenlight less than a week - and most of that was the sales!?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    ... Primordia ...
    They actually jumped through the ranks really quickly. I watched their Greenlight updates. And they deserve it. After playing the demo, I can say that Primordia is a wonderful adventure game.

... Darkfall ...
    Is really mediocre, like I said. I didn't know anyone enjoyed the grindy, aimless, open PvP nature of it anymore.

... FUCKING DRAGONS LAIR ...
    Who the hell knows.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Bear in mind Valve have said it's not about what people think - just the number of people who whack the 'GIVE ME THIS' button...

They give stats from that button to developers to egg them on

They then, apparently, ignore this completely - wtg there!
    They said they'd look at the games. They didn't say they'd rubber-stamp them. Jeez, man.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    They said they'd look at the games. They didn't say they'd rubber-stamp them. Jeez, man.
    There then comes an issue tho - when they decide not to pick-up a game, what happens - how are they going to deal with that?

If I had a game in the Top 10 and was bypassed, I'd want to know why. I've paid - I've played their game - I'd like to know wtf...

I realise they won't want everything their 'community' picks BUT they've already taken some games I doubt would have gotten within a mile of Steam before Greenlight (Postal 2, Euro Truck Simulator2 and more) so clearly there isn't too-high a barrier to entry here??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Every green light game with enough votes goes on a cork board, GabeN throws darts at the cork board to pick, GabeN is terrible at darts, all true.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by heliocentric View Post
    every green light game with enough votes goes on a cork board, gaben throws darts at the cork board to pick, gaben is terrible at darts, all true.
    rofl :):):)

There then comes an issue tho - when they decide not to pick-up a game, what happens - how are they going to deal with that?
    The game remains on Greenlight until such time as they decide to pick it up. There's no deadline.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    Darkfall Unholy Wars is an upcoming sequel to the cult classic and niche Darkfall. It's an open world persistent sandbox MMO with free for all PvP, full loot, sieges and the combat is first person/third person with no tab target. This game, unlike the first, will have classes, or roles. You can mix and match roles and switch between with a short timer, so your character is not locked to one playstyle. Leveling one role is easy, shouldn't take more than a couple of days to finish, but leveling them all is hard. All gear is craftable by the player, and you wont be attatched to your items like you are in other MMOs, it comes and go's pretty easy, so losing it is no big deal, and gaining it from others is a nice bonus.

Darkfall has been on Steam greenlight for 2 days, and the entirety of the dedicated hardcore fanbase voted YES, and told all their friends. It will be released on 12.12.12, and possibly released on Steam at a later date, or on the same day, it hasn't been announced. Darkfall Unholy Wars follows the subscription method, you buy the client (unless you owned Darkfall 1), and pay a small subscription fee each month. A hardcore full loot PvP MMO does not fit the FFA cashshop model, so if you can't afford the subscription for a month of entertainment which is the same as one trip to the cinema, this probably isn't the genre for you anyway.

You can find out more here:

http://darkfallonline.com/uw/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Darkfall.../videos?view=0
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php
    Last edited by NatKro; 01-12-2012 at 02:13 PM.

The world needs more full loot PVP MMO's. Too many cookie cutter MMO's like Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR out there.. not enough innovation.. DarkFall and Mortal Online are at least innovative.. which can't be said for much of the rest of the genre.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Think I'll wait for the Eurogamer review on the new DarkFall

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NatKro View Post
    *Plug, be snipped!*
    So you come to shamelessly plug the game, and then you drop a line like this?

Quote Originally Posted by NatKro View Post
    if you can't afford the subscription for a month of entertainment which is the same as one trip to the cinema, this probably isn't the genre for you anyway.
    Making friends, aren't we? I think I'd rather give my money to FFXIV Realm Reborn.

P.S. DarkFall, cult classic? Excuse me, I have an appointment with my floor to roll over it laughing like a maniac.

Obscure Node
    So you come to shamelessly plug the game, and then you drop a line like this?

Making friends, aren't we? I think I'd rather give my money to FFXIV Realm Reborn.

P.S. DarkFall, cult classic? Excuse me, I have an appointment with my floor to roll over it laughing like a maniac.
    Darkfall doesn't appeal to the mass crowd. If you don't like it, that's cool. The game has 0 advertisement, so posting about it spreads the word who likes this genre which is nearly extinct.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Think I'll wait for the Eurogamer review on the new DarkFall
    Also, very funny. I see what you did there ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    The game remains on Greenlight until such time as they decide to pick it up. There's no deadline.
    Except they're hardly going to change their mind about some games - so I guess they hope the developer will remove games they're consciously ignoring!?

The first developer to publicly remove their game saying "I was in the Top 10 and ignored for X months" will probably do quite well off the publicity - and it might bring Valve out to say "erm - yeah - that guy - who??" :)

Except they're hardly going to change their mind about some games - so I guess they hope the developer will remove games they're consciously ignoring!?
    No, the game sits there until there's a groundswell of support or there's a lull in new games. Again, there's no deadline.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl