Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast
    Activated Node
    All great ideas! Did you think about the obvious ones like number of announcements and discussions? Or even comments in discussions... But even without this, it will be really cool!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamer1224 View Post
    Wasn't intentionally trying to run other people's work down. I love a lot of the games on Greenlight and have bought them myself. But just trying to increase exposure for a game that I know the developers have been working hard on, as I'm an unpaid intern doing whatever I can on various forums to increase exposure for the game. Did not mean to sound like a douche, there's just a lot of shitware that I've seen get Greenlit. I buy A LOT of games from Greenlight as I love to support indie developers as much as I can
    I'm sorry my friend, but you really come across very poorly. I've seen "shitware" proposed on Greenlight, but I've not seen much or any actually approved. Trying to promote your product by putting down others' work is not the way to marketing success. Even an unpaid intern should know that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quick FYI, 7 more thingies have been greenlighted:

-Assetto Corsa
    -DreadOut (YES YES YES MOTHERHUMPING YES!!!)
    -Ether One
    -GunZ 2: The Second Duel (oh god why)
    -Heaven Benchmark
    -Stonehearth
    -The Forest

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Quick FYI, 7 more thingies have been greenlighted:

-Assetto Corsa
    -DreadOut (YES YES YES MOTHERHUMPING YES!!!)
    -Ether One
    -GunZ 2: The Second Duel (oh god why)
    -Heaven Benchmark
    -Stonehearth
    -The Forest
    Hey Ether One! Nice. Why are you so excited about DreadOut?

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Hey Ether One! Nice. Why are you so excited about DreadOut?
    Because it's the closest thing to a PC version of Fatal Frame I'm likely to ever get.
    And Fatal Frame is for me the best horrour game there is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just a quick update - I've remembered to add Discussion and Annoucement counts into Greenlight Lite

http://www.shrewdlogarithm.com/greenlight.htm

and the Charts are also still in need of some feedback

http://www.shrewdlogarithm.com/glchart.html

It should now auto-spot newly Greenlit and released stuff

Next-up - a tool to spot the games which have avoided Greenlight or gotten onto Steam without being specifically Greenlit. Not really doable but would be nice eh?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the site. The raw data is a bit hard to read (color coding every other row might make it a bit easier), but the charts are great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I love the site. The raw data is a bit hard to read (color coding every other row might make it a bit easier), but the charts are great.
    Mouseover the table and the current row should highlight - that's the modern version of row colouring (tho I could do that, it would go haywire if you filter the data)

Made a few changes to the Charts - basically I'm trying to get all the games I like into at least one of the charts - ESCAPE GOAT IS NOW IN!! :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I meant column but I said row because I'm a moron. Even those have nifty separators. Carry on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WOWSERS

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11339/

Just 100 games Greenlit today then - just 100...

Many great things there.

*Looks for Knytt Undergound*

*Finds Knytt Underground*

*Raises fist in victory*

JUSTICE HAS BEEN MADE

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmmm. It says they approved Galactic Arms Race, but I already have it on my Steam account.

The Remote Desktop Program is interesting.

More importantly, they got Megabyte Punch. Buy it! The game is fantastic, and perfect for those of you with couchputers who want local combat. Furthermore, it would be an excellent option if Valve does eventually come out with a Steambox.

Neo Scavenger is another great game.

Mutant Mudds is not.

Glad to see Reprisal out there.

And Signal Ops.

Wow, all in all, this is quite the list.
    Last edited by Internet; 28-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Activated Node
    Disappointed that The Real Texas hasn't made the cut. I love that game so much and I get the feeling it sold like twelve copies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are some odd titles in that list - I'll be surprised if some "come out the other side" (pass Steam's internal processing/checking/get finished etc.)

These 2 are a bit 'outside the box' for Steam I thought
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=107382151
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93233471

and there's not one but TWO bridge building games

MMF2 is there to compete with GameStudio I guess - problem is that MMF2 has a stack of nasty issues to the extent I'd rather people DIDN'T use it - frankly.

Escape Goat is in there tho - so everything is OK

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Shadow of the Eternals, from the mind of former scam artist Dennis Dyack, was greenlit today.
    Why would a game with two failed kickstarters be greenlit? The day the second kickstarter closed Valve should have deleted this from their system. Dyack basically says "I want to make a game someday" and a slot in the Steam Store is already approved. Meanwhile some indie title which is already done has to wait.

Also of note: the first kickstarter asked for 1.5 million dollars and the second one for 750k.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Being Greenlit does not mean you will appear on Steam - it simply means that Valve are acknowledging that their customers would like to buy the game - nothing more.

Early on they did seem to look deeper - they avoided the Slender game over it's potential "lack of rights" for example - but I think they've probably decided to make Greenlight a purely 'user choice' thing and deal with the issues AFTER a title is Greenlit.

Looking at my ***PLUG PLUG*** charts here - http://shrewdlogarithm.com/glchart.html - 3rd option down - shows a LOT of games which have been Greenlit but haven't seen the light of day (some have been GL almost a year!!).

think this 100 being GL is simply a way of creaming-off the most popular titles - giving everyone else more to play for and generally 'cleaning house'.

If half of this 100 make it to Steam in the next 12 months I'll be gobsmacked.

Ironic you can make the Top 100 on Greenlight (no mean feat) but not make any money on KS tho EH?
    Last edited by trjp; 28-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.

I like green light. It's anoter way of supporting games but without the limitations kickstarter puts on people who might not have money right now to buy the game or would rather the game be done before they support it at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Of course - as we've said before - asking people if they'd like to buy a game which may be unfinished and which has NO PRICE is a fucking stupid question - but they couldn't think of a better one ;)

Looking at the games which have actually come thru Greenlight overall - a better question would have been

"Have you bought a game somewhere else and would you like a key for it on Steam"

;)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Being Greenlit does not mean you will appear on Steam - it simply means that Valve are acknowledging that their customers would like to buy the game - nothing more.
    I have to agree with this. Being greenlit just puts you into a state where you could potentially be released. It is still up to the developers to finish and release the game. A lot of games put their work on greenlight with a plan to have it approved within 8 - 10 months so it wouldn't be surprising if only a third of those games get released before 2014.