Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TEQUILA MOCKINGWURM - SATURDAY 6th June - 5PM GMT (6PM British)

Howdy!

It's been a while since we did a big PvE event, huh? Our last one was Marching Orders, a rampage across the world before finally taking down Vinewrath. It was pretty successful and it's time for another along the same lines.

We're running out of ideas as the guild have pretty much overcome every obstacle in the game together. Heart of Thorns will likely provide us with new challenges, but for now let's see how far we get with this one.

What's different about this PvE event?

If you've not attended one of our 'big' events before, then pay attention: [RPS] hold the biggest original PvE events in the game. Trust me; I've been to others run by the community and none have the hundreds of players we bring out. It's very cool.

For our recent events, we've split the playerbase into separate zergs so people don't get locked out by large map instances. That ends with this event though; it's time for us to group together once again and charge across the landscape.

Won't that cause some people to be locked out of the instance?

Maybe. We managed to cram everyone into one Silverwastes map at the end of Marching Orders and I'm hoping we can do the same for the entire event here. The last time this was attempted was at Stream Watching Party and I reckon about 15 people were unable to join due to the map being full. If we really, really have to then we'll make an overflow army too.

What's the plan?

Start at Fort Trinity in Straits of Devastation at 5PM GMT and head north. Kill Tequatl and take on the Triple Trouble meta event. At this stage I'm saying we only kill one Wurm head together, as achieving all three takes a considerable amount of coordination that we'll likely not get out of the fun-loving frolickers that join these events.

We'll finish up in Dry Top, as it's pretty underplayed and there is demand for us to hold an event there.

What do you need?

Nothing really - just turn up at Fort Trinity at 5PM GMT and enjoy the ride. We'll be using Mumble and you can see the details of that in-game by pressing 'G' and looking in the Message of the Day.

Any questions? Comments?

Post them below!

UPDATES:

30/05/2015: Added a poster and an official forum thread.
    31/05/2015: First Reddit thread.
    01/06/2015: First Tumblr post.
    02/06/2015: Included the announcement in the RPS Community Update.
    04/06/2015: Reblogged on Tumblr by the official one.
    05/06/2015: Last reminders are up: Tumblr and Reddit.
    Last edited by Krathor; 05-06-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

The important question is, what will this be called?
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Dubhán | Ásleif Stormwalk | Ashken Medhea

Don't worry, Monkey and Vlup are flexing their well exercised pun-muscles, we'll have one shortly.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Darn it, can't make the 6th, Epsom Derby and we normally have a bit of a get together that day.

But given that it is Derby day I propose you call it Dry Top Derby!
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I am oot on the 6th too mind
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I'm out of the country that weekend, I expect amazing tales when I get back.

Ooh, Triple Trouble almost forgot about those so I'll really try to make it.

I've never done The Worm
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Bah, so many people can't make it! Well I hope we still get a decent turnout.

So suggested names so far:

- There's something in the Tequila
    - Operation Overflowlord
    - Atlantic Bone Wall
    - Tequila with a worm
    - Dry Tequila and a Wurm
    - The MadShotters Tea Party
    - Tea Kettle, Wurm Sandsquishes and Dry Topped Cakes

I'm good for any of those really, or we could go with the old 'Dry Top Domination'? Only problem is that doesn't describe what else we're doing...
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

I don't have a preference.

Btw, how are we going to sort out condi teams for wurm? I have a sinister ranger, but we're gonna need a few more sinister condis to handle husks with any level of efficacy.
    Steam: Taverius
    GW2: Katekk | Eindís Starfire | Lamya Medhea | Janina Björnsdóttir | Taizo Smokerend | Dubhán | Ásleif Stormwalk | Ashken Medhea

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Needs to be catchy and memorable, so not the last one. I think "There's something in the Tequila" has a nice ring.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    It's Taco Day
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Quote Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
    I don't have a preference.

Btw, how are we going to sort out condi teams for wurm? I have a sinister ranger, but we're gonna need a few more sinister condis to handle husks with any level of efficacy.
    you only need 5... in a large zerg shouldn't be an issue
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I would bring my Condi...but can't

Tequila Mockingwurm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Tequila Mockingwurm ?

/10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Tequila Mockingwurm ?
    gets my vote
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravbek View Post
    I've never done The Worm
    I've done it a few times, somehow always the same head (I don't even know where the others appear), but I've never seen it succeed, not even when I was just in the vicinity; there's always just that 'attempts to somethingsomething failed' message.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The problem with the wurm is that to kill all 3 heads you need pretty close to a full map of players working together.
    This is a lot harder than it could or should be, since unlike raid content in other MMOs, the open world Megaserver makes getting your own instance clear of folk exploring, levelling etc very difficult. Jumping to a clean instance means some folk can get locked out
    There are groups that do it (gw2community were and probably still are very active) but the problem above means that to stand any chance of success you spend the best part of an hour organising and finding a good instance, rather than just playing. It's probably improved over the last year, I am sure folk who have done it more recently will gave a more positive perspective on how long before the spawn you need to turn up.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    apparently gw2community have now got their lead in time down to 30min; to be honest most of that hour was them over-explaining stuff.

They are very good and get the kill on most occasions, if we wanted to do all three heads we could enlist their (or other wurm killing guilds) help.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane