Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb GOLEMGEDDON [WvW Event] - SATURDAY 18th July - 6PM British (5PM GMT)

Hi folks.

It's been a while since we held an event, so I guess it's time again. For those of you who don't know, the last patch introduced this:

This means that, from next Friday to the Friday afterwards, golems won't need supply to construct. This is huge, as previously to gather a decent siege golem rush, you'd have to spend a good hour capping camps around a map just to get 10 or so together.

Additionally, the speed boost interest is great too; instead of relying on our mesmers to shoulder the transport of these beasts, we can all come on our best-geared, most battle-hardened characters.

Personally, I haven't been playing WvW that much recently, but this is a good opportunity for us all to get back into the feel of it. The changes to golems are set to last all of the week, so this could serve as an ideal introduction to those folks who want to play during this special time too.

The last time we used golems as a guild incredibly was just over a year ago, resulting in an absolute farmfest in one of the borderlands.

What's Going On?

Next Saturday, the 18th, we're pouring into WvW, building lots of golems, hopping into them and then going crazy over all of the available maps.

The event will last for two hours, with a short break at the 60-minute mark. It's really important to keep it short(ish) and simple; we've gotten burnt-out before and there's actually something else planned with the wider RPS community at 8PM British (details to follow!).

Why Start So Early?

Aside from the aforementioned other RPS event, hopefully beginning at 6PM British (5PM GMT, see here for the current time in Britain in relation to your time) will enable us to go across all available maps. If we were to start later on, then the other maps are likely to be full.

How Do I Join?

Simple, join the GW2 channel on Mumble at 6PM British, Saturday 18th July. From there, we'll decide which map we'll attack. Of course, Mumble isn't a necessity and we'll communicate through guild chat too, it's just that Mumble is useful for those quick-fire commands in the heat of battle.

That's it really; you don't need a high-level character or special WvW abilities. Just come with an open mind.

The only caveat is that you must, MUST have your home server as Gunnar's Hold (EU) to play WvW with us. Click here to find out more about home servers; you will have picked one when you made your first character.

Any Questions?

Put them below. Use this time to stack up on golems (any type, although I prefer omega ones) - although I do have plenty saved up myself.

Thanks to Monkey for the event name.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yes. Yes. Yes!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    ...you'd have to spend a good hour capping camps around a map just to get 10 or so together.
    "All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct".
    Though it would be good to gather up some time before the event starts.
    yonis.8347

Think I can make that, have a double birthday this weekend but I think it's on the Friday.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I think I can too, I have a friend from France coming over but she will be doing some touristy things on Saturday so I should be able to be online and just go out with her on Sunday
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    I suspect I can't do this alas - but will provide all I can before!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Monkey Golems?
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

So what can people do to prepare for Golemgeddon. Other than become competent PvPers who realize they haven't used any runes or signets or even a PvP build after several battles. Should we collect Seige Golem Blueprints early?

Quote Originally Posted by randomclass View Post
    So what can people do to prepare for Golemgeddon. Other than become competent PvPers who realize they haven't used any runes or signets or even a PvP build after several battles. Should we collect Seige Golem Blueprints early?
    If you get em from levelling up wvw levels or other things then yeah - otherwise think the value has spiked - we have some in the guild bank so if you can't your hands on loads never fear
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

I think we have enough golem blueprints and a pvp build might not be appropriate for WvW, if we run out we cna quickly buy more at the merchant on the day. With luck most of us would be in a golem and don't care about our build, after all this is more for fun than anything else, they are WvW builds out there you can try if you really want to but I think this Saturday will be a special day with siliness and build won't matter much.
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Builds for wvw will be as much toughness and vit - may be JUST vit as it gets multiplied when in a golem but dmg i think is native to the golem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Builds for wvw will be as much toughness and vit - may be JUST vit as it gets multiplied when in a golem but dmg i think is native to the golem itself.
    I wonder how the server will cope with all those golems hitting each other

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    I wonder how the server will cope with all those golems hitting each other
    Probably rather badly, expect lag

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randomclass View Post
    pretty much that, if you have spare WvW tokens you can buy alpha siege golems and we can upgrade them.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Omeg...lem_Blueprints

as for builds, for most people soldiers/dire is the way to go, thieves/ranged can go for more damage as long as they are highly mobile. A few people with Mesmers would also be handy.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: Hawksbane

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If your at a loss for wub wub gear stats go for the basic PVT build Power, Vit, toughness.

Bear in mind though this is meant to be a laugh so don't throw a ton of dosh at it unless you want to. All Golems also benefit from the Superior Rune of the Traveler + 25% speed buff if u want to up your lol's.

There is a Siege Golem line in the WvW Ranks and abilities so you take a look at that well for some buff's to them.

Also the cheap "Blue Alpha Golems" are melee only. the more expensive "Purple Omega's" have range and also more health but cost more on the TP, but you can craft them from Alpha blueprints and mithril ore and Elder wood logs and seige masters guides in the Mystic Crapper. You would need :

10 Mithril Ore
    10 Elder Wood Log
    3 Siege Masters Guide
    5 Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Quote Originally Posted by fersumengin View Post
    If your at a loss for wub wub gear stats go for the basic PVT build Power, Vit, toughness.

Bear in mind though this is meant to be a laugh so don't throw a ton of dosh at it unless you want to. All Golems also benefit from the Superior Rune of the Traveler + 25% speed buff if u want to up your lol's.

There is a Siege Golem line in the WvW Ranks and abilities so you take a look at that well for some buff's to them.

Also the cheap "Blue Alpha Golems" are melee only. the more expensive "Purple Omega's" have range and also more health but cost more on the TP, but you can craft them from Alpha blueprints and mithril ore and Elder wood logs and seige masters guides in the Mystic Crapper. You would need :

10 Mithril Ore
    10 Elder Wood Log
    3 Siege Masters Guide
    5 Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints
    DO you know if that upgrade makes them non account bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetiti View Post
    DO you know if that upgrade makes them non account bound?
    reasonably sure as I think i've done mine before and then put them in the guild bank/sold them

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    reasonably sure as I think i've done mine before and then put them in the guild bank/sold them
    confirmed, I have more Siege Masters Guide so if any of you have spare blueprints put in the guild bank and I'll transform more

Can't join unfortunately, my home server is another one. Enjoy!
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Out for a meal celebrating my kids' school reports (and my birthday) so will miss the early shenanigans.
    might be about a bit later.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet