Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Patch

Activated Node

Next Patch

Coming later this month. Preliminary changelog:

Major Items

• Reduced the amount of impact camera shake from rapid projectile weapons (such as Assault Rifles, SMGs, etc).
    • Decoupling of texture quality in graphics settings
    • Introduced “flag drag” to limit the amount of speed a flag carrier can maintain at very high speeds. The drag is introduced at 250 km/h. For custom servers, this speed and the deceleration rate for when a player is over the top speed are customizable.
    • There is a new option under Settings->Gameplay called Simulated Projectiles (enabled by default). If disabled, projectiles from fast firing guns will no longer be simulated client-side, resulting in projectiles that are accurate to what the server plays at the cost of a delay from when you see them.
    • New CTF Blitz Map (Crossfire)
    • Three new weapons for Sentinel
    • One new weapon for Solider (a Spinfusor for the secondary slot)
    • One new weapon for Pathfinder (a Spinfusor with 100% Inheritance)

Weapon/Balance Items

• Rage no longer gives energy regeneration over time, it now gives a flat instant amount of energy when it activates (along with it’s heal). During the rage duration your mass is still reduced.
      Increased Rage Perk duration by 5s.
    • Reduced the amount of impact camera shake from rapid projectile weapons (such as Assault Rifles, SMGs, etc).
    • Reduced magazine size on Raider’s NJ5 to 20. Adjusted starting ammo to match.
    • Reduced damage on Technician’s Quick-Fuse grenade by 11%.
    • Reduced radius on Technician’s Quick-Fuse grenade by 16%.
    • Reduced damage on Soldier’s Short-Fuse Frag by 10%.
    • Reduced radius on Soldier’s Short-Fuse Frag by 14%.
    • Increased damage on Technician’s TC24 by 10%
    • Increased radius on Technician’s TC24 by 4%.
    • Increased projectile speed 15% on Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Increased projectile size on Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Slightly reduced the size of Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Increased the top speed of the Grav Cycle.
    • Decreased damage on Soldier’s Proximity Grenade by 11%.
    • Decreased radius on Soldier’s Proximity Grenade by 8%.
    • The Technician’s Repair Kit will no longer repair objectives through world geometry. Base turrets are an exception to this rule since they can be on platforms that don’t have enough room for the kit.

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Yay:
    - Rage change (because good phase SENs got too much love from it)
    - Bullet screen shake reduction
    - New menu/game options
    - New Blitz map
    - SEN items
    - New Spinfusors
    - New turret buffs (if only because they're so awful)
    - Short-fuse nerfs
    - NJ5 PFFT-PFFT-PFFT clip reduction

Boo:
    - Rage change (because I sometimes phase snipe)
    - SLD proxy nerfs

Meh:
    - Flag drag
    - TCN24 buff
    Last edited by deadly.by.design; 04-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Coming later this month. Preliminary changelog:

eapon/Ba
    I had to do some googling and watch this Youtube video to properly understand what that means. I *think* I get it now.

What is the reasoning for only giving a PTH a weapon with this (other than it best fitting their role?). Because giving 100% inheritance to anything other than a light spinfusor would make things too easy for drive-by disc shooting by higher damage weapons and classes?
    Last edited by Colonel J; 04-09-2012 at 06:37 PM.

I feel like I had a better handle on weapon inheritance before watching that video. Now, I'm just confused.

But I may unlock it anyway. :|

Repair kit nerf sounds a bit worrying, what applies to turrets applies to the radar on lots of the maps.

Yea, rage was too good for SENs, but the energy regen was really necessary for PTHs or SLDs to chase.

awesome on the new spinfusers. the PTH one sounds great. I'll hold back on the SLD one until I see it, but sounds like fun for arena(double discs with quickdraw)

Boo on the proxy buff - that is BS.

oh and that server side bullet thingy - sounds like it would be very helpful for high ping situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    I had to do some googling and watch this Youtube video to properly understand what that means. I *think* I get it now.

What is the reasoning for only giving a PTH a weapon with this (other than it best fitting their role?). Because giving 100% inheritance to anything other than a light spinfusor would make things too easy for drive-by disc shooting by higher damage weapons and classes?
    I believe it's mostly intended to be a chasing weapon. It's a role that's been hurting pretty bad recently, and they're the ones who stand to benefit the most from it. Allow me to explain.

Imagine that you are a chaser going after an enemy capper. Both of you are going at 200, you're right behind him and shoot a disc moving at 300 (for the sake of this example, I don't know how fast they actually go) straight ahead.
    If your weapon has an inheritance of 100%, your speed gets added to the disc's. The disc now goes 500, 300 km/h faster than the target, and takes X time to reach him. Note that X is completely independent from your or your target's absolute speed, it exclusively depends on his speed relative to yours. If both of you were standing still it would be exactly the same shot.
    If, on the other hand, your weapon has an inheritance of 0%, your speed is not added to the disc's, and the disc now takes Y=X*3 seconds to reach the target. This is because the target goes 200, and the disc goes 300, which means the disc is now only 100 km/h faster than the target. If inheritance is 0%, Y is completely independent from the target's speed relative to yours, it only depends on his absolute speed.

In other words, weapons with a non-100% inheritance value are harder to use at high speeds, because your projectiles have a longer flight time and are therefore harder to lead. The current value for spinfusors (I think it's 50%) is better than 0%, but the hybrid approach means you have to take into account both absolute AND relative speeds, which takes some getting used to and is still not great for really high-speed situations.

I don't think this will be quite enough tbh. The nitron nerfs from a while back will have to be looked at at some point, but between this and flag drag (which I'm conflicted about) and the changes to rage we at least know that Hi-Rez is willing to try new approaches to fix the problem. Let's hope one of them sticks.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by AuralViolations View Post
    Yea, rage was too good for SENs, but the energy regen was really necessary for PTHs or SLDs to chase.

awesome on the new spinfusers. the PTH one sounds great. I'll hold back on the SLD one until I see it, but sounds like fun for arena(double discs with quickdraw)

Boo on the proxy buff - that is BS.

oh and that server side bullet thingy - sounds like it would be very helpful for high ping situations.
    Uhh proxies were nerfed

Banned
    • One new weapon for Solider (a Spinfusor for the secondary slot)
    No words.

Just no fucking words.

And why was proxy nerfed?

Well no matter really, since now teams will be in 3/4 made out of Soldiers with spins and ARs, but really, what was the reasoninng behind nerfing what is already a shitty nade that can't kill anything, has horribly slow flight time and arcs?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Well no matter really, since now teams will be in 3/4 made out of Soldiers with spins and ARs, but really, what was the reasoninng behind nerfing what is already a shitty nade that can't kill anything, has horribly slow flight time and arcs?
    Even though I'm sad to see proxy nerfed, it was pretty powerful for flag defence. Even with the nerf, I doubt I will be changing my loadout(edit: apart from swapping the thumper for spinfusor of course=)).
    Last edited by Poppis; 05-09-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Network Hub
    A good on-stand soldier with proxy grenades can stop nearly every capper if they are not killed before they throw their proxies. It never really needed the damage buff since its role in stopping cappers meant that 600 damage was plenty. The impulse was also pretty effective at stopping medium cappers or at least slowing them significantly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    What what, now I have to rewrite my set of steps to play on the RPS server , they where fun:

-1 Look if Poppish is on my side or not
    - Yes: Get flag
    - No: Kill Poppish, or we have no possibility of getting the flag :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    "Reduced the amount of impact camera shake from rapid projectile weapons"

Finally. FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    Uhh proxies were nerfed
    err that's what I meant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    A good on-stand soldier with proxy grenades can stop nearly every capper if they are not killed before they throw their proxies.
    Knockback was not changed. They could do 100 damage and still be just as viable for flag D.

Besides, proxies require a) basic game awareness and b) skill. Do we really want less proxies and more mindless claymores, mines and turrets?

Poppis linked it in the other thread, but I figured we're already talking about it here, so...

Patch notes:
    Major Highlights

• Three new weapons for Sentinel:
      • Primary: SAP20 Sniper Rifle
      • Secondary: Accurized Shotgun
      • Belt: Motion Mine

• One new weapon for Soldier:
      • Secondary: Spare Spinfusor

• One new weapon for Pathfinder:
      • Primary: Blinksfusor (100% Inheritance)

• New CTF Blitz Map (Crossfire)
    • Decoupling of texture quality in graphics settings
    • Introduced “flag drag” to limit the amount of speed a flag carrier can maintain at very high speeds. The drag is introduced at 300, 275, and 250 km/h for lights, mediums, and heavies, respectively. For custom servers, these speeds and the deceleration rate for when a player is over the top speed are customizable. Setting the value to 0 will turn off the feature.
    • There is a new option under Settings->Gameplay called Simulated Projectiles (enabled by default). If disabled, projectiles from fast firing guns will no longer be simulated client-side, resulting in projectiles that are accurate to what the server plays at the cost of a delay from when you see them.
    • Additional improvements to German and French translated versions.
    • Additional server capacity has been added in the Amsterdam data center. London servers are now available for Custom Servers, but not quick play matches.

Weapon/Balance Items

• Three new weapons for Sentinel:
      • Primary: SAP20 Sniper Rifle
      • Secondary: Accurized Shotgun
      • Belt: Motion Mine

• One new weapon for Soldier:
      • Secondary: Spare Spinfusor

• One new weapon for Pathfinder:
      • Primary: Blinksfusor (100% Inheritance)

• The Rage perk has been overhauled.
      • Rage activates if you are within 230m of your flag when it’s grabbed by an enemy.
      • The flag must be taken from its flag stand for Rage to activate.
      • When activated Rage instantly gives energy and health (when upgraded).
      • For 15 seconds you have mass reduction and are immune to the next self-damage you take, which removes the Rage Effect.
      • Flag carriers cannot be raged.

• The Technician’s Repair Kit will no longer repair objectives through world geometry. Base turrets are an exception to this rule since they can be on platforms that don’t have enough room for the kit.
    • Reduced starting magazine size on Raider’s NJ5 to 20. Adjusted starting ammo to match.
    • Reduced damage on Technician’s Quick-Fuse grenade by 11%.
    • Reduced radius on Technician’s Quick-Fuse grenade by 16%.
    • Reduced damage on Soldier’s Short-Fuse Frag by 10%.
    • Reduced radius on Soldier’s Short-Fuse Frag by 14%.
    • Increased damage on Technician’s TC24 by 10%
    • Increased radius on Technician’s TC24 by 4%.
    • Increased projectile speed 15% on Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Increased projectile size on Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Slightly reduced the size of Technician’s EXR Turret.
    • Increased the top speed of the Grav Cycle.
    • Decreased damage on Soldier’s Proximity Grenade by 11%.
    • Decreased radius on Soldier’s Proximity Grenade by 8%.
    • Fixed a bug allowing Technician Repair Kits to repair faster than should be allowed based on server performance. In general, this will decrease repair kit rates from what was in live.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented unlocked Repair Kit upgrades from functioning properly.

Additional Items

• There is a new option under Video Settings to control Texture Detail. It is recommended that 32-bit OS users set this option to Medium or lower due to memory constraints.
    • Fixed issues with players using special characters in clan tags
    • Fixed an issue where certain settings’ Enabled states would not show on rollover
    • Fixed an issue allowing players to get out of bounds on Temple Ruins
    • Changes to Permafrost: New flagstand area, larger generator room, terrain and spawn changes.
    • Fixed an issue where players could visit inventory stations without the time penalty restriction if the player had changed classes.

The secondary fusor for the soldier is great, but they've really gone to town nerfing the repair kits of the tech (they repair much more slowly than before now, and the geometry stuff means they can't be used for the radar on several maps. Plus they're still bugged so that they sometimes don't disappear when destroyed). Doesn't really feel viable to run without a repair tool any more, which is a shame - it was fun being able to use as many weapons as everyone else for a while.

Got in a few games of TDM to test stuff. Haven't gotten the hang of the Blinksfuser yet but the secondary for SLD is great! Double spin and twin-spin are both great combos(at least in TDM).

I feel like if I got good with the blinksfuser, I would be off with everything else.

It would seem that the Rage tweak fixed the Phase Rifle "abuse" of the perk, and is generally a step in the right direction. It still doesn't feel quite right, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    but they've really gone to town nerfing the repair kits of the tech (they repair much more slowly than before now, and the geometry stuff means they can't be used for the radar on several maps. Plus they're still bugged so that they sometimes don't disappear when destroyed). Doesn't really feel viable to run without a repair tool any more, which is a shame - it was fun being able to use as many weapons as everyone else for a while.
    That doesn't sound good, particularly the repair time nerf if it has as big an effect as you say. Will have a play around with it tonight to see how it's changed. Nuts, I was enjoying playing a bit of TCN again, now I can take a secondary weapon and repair kit.

Does anyone know if the Mechanic perk buffs the Repair Kit? I'm never sure if I can tell if it does or not, never hang around for long enough to watch it working. If it does then that would help at least.