Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

WvWvW Recon Team

I definitely want to play WvW but I don't find massive battles fun. That's why I came up with an idea of sabotage/recon squad. We would focus on disrupting enemy's supply lines, providing commander (whoever it might be) with intel and do some other sneaky stuff.

I will need... right, let's talk about it for a moment. Thief is quite an obvious choice, this class is made for things like this. But obviously it's not enough. At first I wanted to tell you that we need only light classes but then I realized that what we need is speed, and all classes and races run equally fast. Unfortunately, stealth won't be useful for sneaking to the enemy and attacking because it simply doesn't last long enough. We would need whole minutes of continuous stealth, not seconds. That's why our priority should be mobility. If your character can cast Swiftness on itself and/or others, that's great. If it can teleport itself and/or others it's even better. Put some stealth on top of that and we've got a perfect match. It doesn't matter if you play as Thief, Mesmer, Necromancer or Guardian as long as you meet the requirements.

If you like this idea but you feel like you haven't got the skill, don't worry, join us anyway. We'll be learning on the go, looking for the best tactics, getting familiar with the map, learning how to cooperate with each other in the most efficient way, and so on. You'll have plenty of time to get better at this game.

Please post your opinions below, and if you want to be part of the team, use this thread as well. I'll be updating this post with all the important informations, along with the list of members. FYI, I think we'll need at least 5 people to get started.

One more thing. I'm going to Southport on Sunday and I'll stay there till next Sunday so for the whole next week I won't be playing GW2 at all. But I will be visiting forum, so feel free to discuss whatever you feel is worth talking about. And, hopefully, when I come back we should have enough people to start our first covert operations

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS (UPDATED)

Announcement:

Please follow this link and fill the spreadsheet accordingly. It's very simplistic, I know but it should help us with organizing group playing. Just put your forum name, in game name and hours in which you're available for WvW on each day (or N/A if not). Let's treat it as a guide for the rest of the week. When I have some time later on, I'll try to do make some Google Calendar for us to make it even easier, but for now, let's use this. Thank you for cooperation.

If you want to check who's available at the moment, go here (thanks malexmave!), and update your status as well.

Current event (Google Calendar)

List of members:

1. Aedrill
    2. zanchito
    3. Wolfenswan
    4. squirrelfanatic
    5. harvb
    6. MOKKA
    7. hal9000
    8. Howlee
    9. 20phoenix
    10. Malfious
    11. algolicious
    12. Telzis
    13. noaru
    14. Anthile
    15. Salix
    16. Lightbulb
    17. TheMoo
    18. sirgoit
    19. Quine
    20. Kyrne
    21. Rozzza
    22. NieA7
    23. footlingsummers
    24. malexmave
    25. vee41
    26. duff
    27. starmatt
    28. Mithror
    29. inawarminister
    30. whykt
    Last edited by Aedrill; 15-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.

This is my WvWvW experience: I tried to get in once with my thief, and there was a queue and I didn't want to wait so I went back to Diessa Plains. I don't know how this works, but it sounds like a cool idea!

This is basically what we did yesterday with a group of 6-7 people. We just roamed the map, going wherever a suitable opportunity to cause mischief and havoc arose. And we were pretty damn effective at it.

Nearly took out a whole Castle, but sadly some lonely defender called his friends after he tried to stop our rampage without success for a few minutes. It is pretty amazing what you can do if you're just a little bit organized (mumble is a must for that!). People seem to either shy away from a bunch of guys showing the same guild tag or come foolishly charging in without any chance of winning the fight.

This was one of the most amazing things I have done so far in this game, really recommended.
    Last edited by Squiz; 31-08-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Activated Node
    I assume you want to participate, I'll add you to the list.

Activated Node
    @squirrelfanatic, should I add you, or do you prefer more 'casual' approach?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    I'm in as well. The zerg's fun for a while but not for me, advanced recon's great.

Id rather join every now and then without any set schedule. But you can count me in as "interested".
    Forum janitor in training.

Activated Node
    Just putting out there that I'm definitely interested, but not for a while. I just thought I'd say now rather than it be a complete longshot later This is how I always used to play; small groups, guerilla tactics. Can't wait til I'm good enough to contribute to WvWvW

Edit: Yeah, what squirrel said
    Last edited by harvb; 31-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Hey, Aedrill!

My play times are a bit crap, but I sure would love to tag along when I get the chance. I'd add myself more as a "backup" than a regular member.

I'm also interested. I tend to get confused in those larger battles, so smaller groups and fights seem to be a nice idea. I have an Elementalist who has numerous ways to cast swiftness on other people. I'm also going to start a Thief at some point, don't know when though.

mmm... guerrilla tactics... count me in! Sounds like great fun.

double post, sorry
    Last edited by hal9000; 31-08-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: double post

Obscure Node
    Great idea, my biggest gripe with WvWvW is that it's been way too much blind tab-n-spam so a guerrilla team would be a perfect fit.
    I'm playing Elementalist and I'd be able to throw out 3 back-to-back group swiftness buffs which would be helpful in getting to wherever we're going.
    Charname is the same as the username.
    Last edited by Howlee; 31-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Obscure Node
    Well, double post.

Anyway, make that 1:04 minutes of swiftness without losing the buff.
    Last edited by Howlee; 31-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Definitely. I've jumped into WvWvW but I much prefer the idea of making sneak attacks on camps/keeps rather than rolling with the zerg.

I enjoy all WvWvW but this sounds like fun, saw a french guild doing this yesterday.. add me (Malfious) to the list

Activated Node
    Wow, I didn't expect such a great response, it's really great. We already have 10 people (yes, I know, some of us will be irregular, myself included) and it's only first day. Keep 'em coming.

Obscure Node
    Count me in for anything WvW related. I'm yet another Elementalist (ingame name Cheddarcombo).

Obscure Node
    Small guerilla warfare sounds nice and will be much more friendly to my ageing graphics card, too. I probably won't join regularly and I'm not that confident in my spoken English yet (not my native language), so I might be a bit silent in Mumble at first.

I'd join with my Guardian, Aegvina.

Oh hell yes! This is the best part of WvW... Aliss Blackfyre the guardian is definitely in!