Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Had some fun joining random groups on WvWvW last night, just following the zerg. Had even better fun when i was outside a castle with a small group picking away at the large attacking. Small units look to be fun, less lag too! Got Mumble sorted, give me a shout when you're next go!!! (I can play any class you like so long as its a Mesmer).

Hey guys.

I've started to play GW2 quite a lot now and I'd be up for some WvWvW with an organised team myself. Are you guys still on Gunnar's Hold? I'm on Whiteside Ridge ATM but my word we are doing terribly so I fancy a move.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a blind mole that can't read. Just found your comments in the very thread that I linked in my original message. Carry on.

Hey Krathor, I didn't spot your message until now, sorry about that. We are still on the GH server and WvWvW is going stronger than ever! We joined forces with other GH guilds over at the Gunnar's Hold Server forums (also check this thread for some additional info) and there is something going on every night (and probably also during the day).

This is if you haven't already joined in in the first place... I keep forgetting who I've already sent invitations to. We'd be happy to have you in our guild/on the GH server!
    Last edited by Squiz; 08-11-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took part in tonight's WvWvW struggle. It has been a tough evening for us I feel, but it was still tons of fun. To everyone who is at least slightly interested in well *cough* coordinated group battles, we are happy to have additional helping hands.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took part in tonight's WvWvW struggle. It has been a tough evening for us I feel, but it was still tons of fun. To everyone who is at least slightly interested in well *cough* coordinated group battles, we are happy to have additional helping hands.
    It's really good that things are more organized nowadays. I want to join you, but first I have to get my engineer to a decent level (I don't really enjoy playing guardian in WvW) and for that I need time to play. So I'll get there eventually, save some of those filthy invaders/defenders for me!

Network Hub
    Shame I've got RL stuff getting in the way yesterday and today- it looks like an epic finish as we try to get second place back.

I think as a server we need to run some introductory group sessions with people interested in WvW. Give them space in a party and show them the ropes, and so forth. Also you can contribute and have fun even at low levels- yes you lack some of the utility skills of the higher level players, but that doesn't mean you can't do significant damage, help with fortifications, man siege engines and so forth. I did most of my levelling in WvW and it was great fun.

Did people hit EB last night? I was away enjoying some adult beverages and it sounds like I missed some roaming actions across the world.

We should try get a party together sometime and sneak attack some keeps
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

I agree, you don't need a level 80 character to have fun in WvWvW (although it certainly makes killing people easier), since you can operate siege equipment at any level and nobody minds another warm body running along when they are engaging that group of NPCs guarding the supply camp. Event XP is probably the biggest leveling factor for me at the moment.

We actually had a ninja group yesterday evening, which I was part of, and took supply camps all over the map. As long as a group of 5-6 people has enough firepower to annihilate NPCs in a decent amount of time (before the enemy can react) and as long as you stay flexible in your capping order, a few of these teams can be pretty effective.

The idea of training nights has also come up over at the GH server forums, so I suggest we keep an eye on the WvWvW threads there (make sure to register on the site and get Timofee to accept you into the [RPS] group). Also, tonight is the weekly WvWvW Mumble meeting where everyone is welcome to show up and discuss how the week went, what the positive things were and where there is still room for improvement.

Afterwards, another Mumble meeting is scheduled with guys from Piken Square and Abbadon's Mouth coming over. So if you want to hear or see the enemies' views on the match-up, that's the time and place to be.

I'll also leave this link here for people interested in (ir)regular (hurr hurr) strike force action.

...make sure to register on the site and get Timofee to accept you into the [RPS] group...
    FYI for those that requested the last couple of days, we should be up to date again

I agree, you don't need a level 80 character to have fun in WvWvW (although it certainly makes killing people easier), since you can operate siege equipment at any level and nobody minds another warm body running along when they are engaging that group of NPCs guarding the supply camp. Event XP is probably the biggest leveling factor for me at the moment.
    It's cool but after a point. At very low levels you lack a few things and that makes the whole experience much worse: reliable switftness (you will either slow the group down or fall behind), survivability (any npc sneezes at you and you're almost dead) and decent firepower. Yes there's plenty you can do and trust me I've tried lowbie-wuv on my engi, ele and mesmer. It was ok, but lacking.

I'm not talking about waiting till 80 with exotics to join wuv, but I figure I'm going to be in my 40-50s when I come in. Tbh, I'd rather be 60 so I can max out a trait line, but it seems a bit too late.

Ohhhhh yeahhhh.

Ohhhhh yeahhhh.

Yeah that was pretty good, got it on the last tick (10 minutes) after a lot of effort. At first it showed us last but changed to the correct score. Very good fun and brilliant team effort from GH.

It did feel pretty good, the Mumble channel was full of cheering and laughter.

Yeah I mean that was pretty fantastic. Let's hope that we can have a repeat performance this week.