Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You have my bear.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I'm interested, but like squirrelfanatic only in doing it now and then. Maybe put me down as an irregular?

I can bring my ranger along. I need to get a new mic since mine has stopped working. Not sure if its windows 7 or the wires broken...

Will probably get a cheap one to test.

However count me in.

Obscure Node
    I'm in, with my elementalist.

I think the class works very well with what you proposed, properly built an elementalist has tons of mobility and can get in and out of places damn well.

This sounds excellent, I'm away for a while but I'll catch you all on mumble when I'm back.

Network Hub
    I'm up for all forms of organised WvW so I'd like to get involved when I'm able to. My elementalist Icepop can contribute.

Obscure Node
    Sounds interesting. Was planning to mess around in PvP/WvWvW with my elementalist (low level atm) so can add me to the list. I think her names Vyxalla

Obscure Node
    sign me up, i look forward to ganking unsuspecting victims!
    guardian: Ruari

Sounds like great fun, though my time's all over the place at the moment so I won't be able to commit much. Vorshaz One eye, Necromancer

Activated Node
    That's really awesome response people, thank you very much. The more, the merrier. I think it's safe to assume that our group will be able to play together from time to time, so let's talk about our tactics - I'm open to all suggestions, so feel free to post anything you want. Except pictures of penises. We don't want them here.

1. Structure:
    - we'll play in 5 people strong parties, and I think it's possible to "merge" them somehow into squads, but I have no idea, how to do this. If anyone knows the trick, please share. Of course most of the times we won't have enough people to man two full parties. On those occasions we'll do our best to maintain the best mobility and firepower possible. We might create two teams of 3 and just stick together, if necessary.

What's important here is chain of command. Each party will have a leader who will report to the commander. I know it doesn't sound like fun but I really believe it will help us avoid the chaos and should give us the chance to actually do something constructive together instead of running around like headless chickens in fancy clothes.

2. Goals
    We will try to help our server by any means necessary, if we decide that we're needed in some zerg rush to capture a keep, we'll join it. However, our priority is sabotage and scouting, so we'll be dabbling with supply camps, caravans and... well, scouting. I'll do my best to contact with some bigwigs in our alliance so we're able to actually report what we've spotted.

3. Tactics
    Obviously this will be adjusted in time but we have to start somewhere. My idea is to create ambushes by organizing a caravan and sending one party with it and the rest hidden nearby. If we're attacked, the hidden force jumps on the attackers and hopefully wipes them. If not, we will deliver the supply. Win-win.

That's it, for now, I'm too tired to continue. Feel free to add your own suggestions or to tell me I'm an idiot and my plans won't work. Anyway, discuss.

Network Hub
    I've not done muchmore than piddle about the nursery slopes of the game but it feels like I'm onthe foothills of an epic adventure. Really.
    I think this game isgoing to being to the table a necessary shake-up for other MMORPGs out there.While the game design, for me, looks quite traditional with genre tropes havingnot disappeared completely, the overall game has been smartly refined.
    Another great thingabout this game is ArenaNet's decision to keep quests away. Replacing them withrenowned tasks is a good option instead of forcing a player to bound up eachdribbling yokel with an exclamation mark above his head and ask him to permissionto kill marauding bandits or naughty squirrels and monstrous hellbeasts. I likeit more when I can simply slide into the guy's vicinity and help and getting acash reward at the end.
    While killingbandits is still present, the task scales with the number of other players inthe area, and the game presents it to make the players feels is much more acollaborative effort than an atmosphere-breaking contract killing in the least.
    For me though, thereal beauty of the game is how unhurried it feels. The story mode, told inlittle bursts, kinda reminds a player why he's doing something although itstotally lacking in pressure to just do them anyways. I'd like to think thedesigners want to tell the gamers that the game is best played with as littleprodding as possible.
    I've also beenlooking for more details how PvP or WvW will be played but I only found thisone from gamearena: http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5102636
    I don't usually playPvP but when I read the article above, it made me think that I might as well try it. Sounds even moreinteresting.

Activated Node
    that's awkward... Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Good post and plan Aedrill, we need to do a couple events and then adjust. My main worry though is that WvW is generally packed and we're going to have issues getting everybody in at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    that's awkward... Are you sure you're in the right thread?
    It's a spambot. Funny how good they're getting these days. Check what he's been posting in other threads.... I've already reported him.
    Last edited by noaru; 03-09-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    Good post and plan Aedrill, we need to do a couple events and then adjust. My main worry though is that WvW is generally packed and we're going to have issues getting everybody in at the same time.
    Yeah, I'm concerned about it as well. There's not mucch we can do, we'll just gather on Mumble, and work with what we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by noaru View Post
    It's a spambot. Funny how good they're getting these days. Check what he's been posting in other threads.... I've already reported him.
    But this link is genuine, he's not trying to sell me bigger penises, or to enlarge my watch! I'm confused...

Activated Node
    Count me in! Character is Aphelion Yewspire.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    we'll play in 5 people strong parties, and I think it's possible to "merge" them somehow into squads, but I have no idea, how to do this. If anyone knows the trick, please share.
    Guild Wars wiki says you need to pay 100g to be a squad commander O_o

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Squad

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Comm...27s_Compendium

Yep, saw someone in there today as a commander.. must have been a rich person

Obscure Node
    Once ANet sorts out the bugs with guild invites and I can actually join (I was sent an invite, but it did not arrive), I'd love to join you. Currently, my only 30+ Char is my Ranger "Vis Lupi", but I am currently leveling a warrior ("Filius Iste Tenebra") who might be helpful with banners and stuff. I'm willing to switch to the needed one based on the current squad layout, once the warrior has his ulti and some halfway decent gear.

Activated Node
    About tactics:

With around 10hrs of WvW experience I can say with most absolute certainty and authority that very important aspects in this kind of small group combat will be mobility and situational awareness. Mobility means having every possible group swiftness buff available (rangers and.. I've really played nothing but rangers so no idea). This allows the group to pick it's fights and possibly escape from zergs. Also, situational awareness about what is happening around the group so we see that zerg coming in the first place.

Good thread, lets get the furballs rolling!

Activated Node
    vee41, do you want to be on the list? And good points, we will have to focus on these aspects, especially in early stages. Later on we can start working on cooperation and combining our abilities and play styles.